• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keanu Reeves begs Kojima for the salvation of mankind

mortal

Gold Member
? Like soon every games' gonna have big-name actors in title roles and the game ends up more about the cast of actors and the story instead of the important stuff like, uh, game mechanics and game design?
Every game? come on now that's such an extreme and unfounded fear lol. Actors have been featured in games for a long time. The capture technology and techniques are just getting to a point where the actors looks more and more like their actual selves. With video games now being a premiere form of entertainment media, naturally it'll attract more prominent actors from films, as the mediums overlap a great deal. This doesn't spell the end of games with more stylized art direction, that's silly.

Between the AAA sector and indie sector, there are more types of games being developed now more than ever. Many with unique art directions, many with more conventional art directions. There was and will always be room for any type of game within the industry, given there's an audience for them.

Last edited:

Caffeine

He's not confirmed to be in the game, no.

Although, if you've been following Kojima's twitter, Koji Pro have been inviting many guests to their Studio. Many of them have likely been photo-scanned and will have cameos in the Death Stranding like Geoff Keighley. So it's possible even Keanu's likeness could be featured in the game.
the moment hades becomes heaven is a big hint he is. hades is whatever is using the black goo to control people, like Cliff and Higgs.

Keanu is left st[r]anding by Kojima who doesn't even know how his game plays.

This tweet is for Plan B if it doesn't sell so he reveals a John Wick game on New Years Day.

petran79

Banned
Is anyone else worried about all this rampant cross-proliferation between games and Hollywood lately? Like soon every games' gonna have big-name actors in title roles and the game ends up more about the cast of actors and the story instead of the important stuff like, uh, game mechanics and game design?

Just seems like too many games trying to be like movies, don't even forget how much the budgets gonna skyrocket with this approach. I don't like it. Probably main reason I'm really not too excited over Death Stranding honestly.

Has happened before and lead many to go broke

No wonder no one dares to re-release that game

DNY7ch3XUAEGz_8

When you pick something kind of cool and funny, and repeat it ad nauseaum... Yeah, it gets ridiculous and boring.

Kojima, one of my favorite authors, really starting to rub me the wrong way with all this starstruck nonsense.

I lay in wait to see how different and special Death Stranding truly is...

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's just unique artists appreciating the work of other unique artists across different forms of media.
Not sure what there is to dislike about this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think it's just unique artists appreciating the work of other unique artists across different forms of media.
Not sure what there is to dislike about this.

Pretty much. Hollywood and people in general used to look down on gaming as amateur and/or juvenile. Now it is being respected and embraced.

Now with that said, it opens it up to be susceptible to bad actors, no pun intended, with an agenda to push ideologies, grift, etc., etc..

Reactions: Isa

DESTROYA

I just love when people think like this, that's why you play the game. Kojima should feel like DS has a chance to win Game of the year.
I love when developers think like that, they think every game they make is Game of the year.Even the best sometimes swing and miss, I’m not saying the game will be a dud at all but like you said let us get our hands on the game first and then judge.
People are already talking it’s GOTY without playing it yet just because it’s Kojima’s baby, and I’ve seen the best looking people have the ugliest babies.
Alright I’ll stop with hyperbole.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Based on what, on having 20 AAA celebrities in the game and showing an empty world you walk around? Definitely GOTY material right there.
Groundbreaking graphics and yeah you could live off 20 AAA celebrities, the fact that you haven't seen much from the game should indicate the game's remarkable upside.

Every game? come on now that's such an extreme and unfounded fear lol. Actors have been featured in games for a long time. The capture technology and techniques are just getting to a point where the actors looks more and more like their actual selves. With video games now being a premiere form of entertainment media, naturally it'll attract more prominent actors from films, as the mediums overlap a great deal. This doesn't spell the end of games with more stylized art direction, that's silly.

Between the AAA sector and indie sector, there are more types of games being developed now more than ever. Many with unique art directions, many with more conventional art directions. There was and will always be room for any type of game within the industry, given there's an audience for them.

Okay, so not every game. But still, it could take over the AAA space, and those games are already super-expensive to make as-is except for Nintendo's (because they're very good with budgeting). You had actors in games before true, but those games costed way less to make and the actors were usually C-listers who hadn't done anything for a while. Either that or more niche actors who don't command a lot, like Dennis Hopper.

But these games today aren't a couple million bucks to make anymore, they're nearing hundreds of millions for the AAA stuff. And you know what these companies are gonna do to recoup the costs: microtransactions, loot boxes, crazy DLC practices and who knows what stuff they're tricking in the books for tax write-offs :/

What if Death Stranding is metaphorically blowing the whistle on the abuse of children and trafficking among the elite. What if he's trying to blow that open and the occult practices and collusion with international intelligence and the scientific community?

Keanu is hopeful that this will save them.

I figured out Death Stranding.

Animagic

Banned
What if Death Stranding is metaphorically blowing the whistle on the abuse of children and trafficking among the elite. What if he's trying to blow that open and the occult practices and collusion with international intelligence and the scientific community?

Keanu is hopeful that this will save them.

I figured out Death Stranding.
I’ve thought this as well. Guess we will see.

Alebrije

What if the ending of DS shows you all was just a dream of the Character tha plays Keanu in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom