• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley "Expect Cool Surprises, New Announcements at Gamescom" - 2hr Show, 20+ Games, Mostly 2023 Stuff

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Train Hype GIF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022 – Aug 28, 2022

• Opening Night Live - 11am PT/2pm ET/8pm CEST
Aug 23rd -- Opening Night Live will start at 10.30am PT / 1.30pm ET / 6.30pm BST / 7.30pm CEST with a half-hour pre-show, followed by the main event, which will last for two hours.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...es-and-things-you-wouldnt-expect-at-gamescom/

Edit: That article states it on Wednesday Aug 24, but Wednesday is Aug 24???

Which is it? When is the actual show? I don't know how it can be that hard to just include the exact information in announcements.

MarkMe2525

New Series VR machine with a USB C on the front. (why doesn't the Series X have a USB C on the front?)
I was generally happy with the machine when it first was announced, but quickly I became a little disappointed when I realized they went with older usb standards and wifi 5. Pretty much sealed the deal for me that they were not even entertaining the idea of supporting vr in the future. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Will a bunch of movie celebrities I don't care about attempt to sell me things via a product deal they have taken over face time?

Because that's really what I want to know.

Last edited:

Mercador

Aug 23rd -- Opening Night Live will start at 10.30am PT / 1.30pm ET / 6.30pm BST / 7.30pm CEST with a half-hour pre-show, followed by the main event, which will last for two hours.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...es-and-things-you-wouldnt-expect-at-gamescom/

Edit: That article states it on Wednesday Aug 24, but Wednesday is Aug 24???
Thanks, I'll still be in vacation both dates so I'll watch it for sure. Though, I'm not waiting anything, I don't think Beth will show ES6 until Starfield is launch and Diablo IV will be reserved for Blizzcon I guess.

Geoff Keighley needs a Pachter-esque rule of where we have to assume something differently than what he states.

I'm going to guess that only 1/3 of what he is talking about will be actually exciting and/or new.

Let’s call it… Elden Ring DLC at this show, or the September PlayStation Showcase?

My money’s on it’s at the PS Showcase

Matsuchezz

I am
Expecting perfect dark more cgi
Avowed more cgi.
Fable more cgi.
Hellblade 2 more in engine cutscenes.
And from Sony I hope to see the multiplayer game from ND.

Ozriel

M$FT
After the (relative) disappointment of Xbox E3 2022 and the summer game fest stream, I'm not going to fall for any pre-show hype anymore.

Things I wouldn't expect huh?!?

So...

- Day of the Tentacle 2
- Stand-alone Splinter Cell: Spies versus Mercenaries
- Hexen 3
- Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link remake
- Chrono Break

are all confirmed at this point?!?

Thank you Geoff!

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Top Bottom