• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kena: Bridge Of Spirits | Release Trailer (PS5, PS4 & PC via EGS)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
DonJorginho DonJorginho you need to remove the "&t=144s" from the link mate it starts at the end

Looks incredible, shame I'm way too busy to play it on release but I really hope it's at least decent enough as a game. I'll take a 7/10 that looks like that any day of the week.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
DonJorginho DonJorginho you need to remove the "&t=144s" from the link mate it starts at the end
marshawn lynch my bad GIF by Team Coco

GrayDock

Amazing!
If it had a physical release it would be day one, but, by principle, I don't buy games digital at full price. The non option to lend/share games to my friends is a great donwside, imo, to justify the full price. And I still have a big backlog to go, so no worries.
Still hoping for a physical launch in the short future though.

skit_data

For $39.99 I think thats a good price for quality animation. Also this and Death stranding are going to get me through for single player stuff until BF 2042. Death stranding:DC is only $50.
Yeah it definitely looks better than most $39 games thats for sure. Might be a good introduction to some soulslite combat (did i just make up a new genre?) for my SO.

Papacheeks

Banned
Yeah it definitely looks better than most $39 games thats for sure. Might be a good introduction to some soulslite combat (did i just make up a new genre?) for my SO.

Game reminds of a a bi-gone era during the PS2 where we had a lot of smaller platformers from small studios coming out at budget prices. Only the quality of this looks super stellar. I hope Emberlabs grows after this. Imagine a zelda type of game with a bigger budget?

Kokoloko85

Yeah I have a feeling people will say this game is repetitive and brings nothing new ( which most games are anyway )
Hopefully it will be good, Ill be buying it if the gameplay play throughs look interesting

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Amazing!
If it had a physical release it would be day one, but, by principle, I don't buy games digital at full price. The non option to lend/share games to my friends is a great donwside, imo, to justify the full price. And I still have a big backlog to go, so no worries.
Still hoping for a physical launch in the short future though.
Technically sharing of games is possible (if your friends are your family). The benefit of digital games for me is that I can buy it once and me and my son can play the game simultaneously on different consoles.

But I'm with you on the backlog side, this is why I usually wait a few months and pick games up in a sale unless it is a game that I 'must' play straight away. I bet a limited physical release will come if it is a well loved game.

shubik

I´m torn. It looks phenomenol. But I fear this will be a rough game. Let´s hope the devs had enough time to polish the gameplay. Reviews should be out today, right?

GrayDock

Technically sharing of games is possible (if your friends are your family). The benefit of digital games for me is that I can buy it once and me and my son can play the game simultaneously on different consoles.

But I'm with you on the backlog side, this is why I usually wait a few months and pick games up in a sale unless it is a game that I 'must' play straight away. I bet a limited physical release will come if it is a well loved game.
Yep, I can and did that in PS3 era when you could share games with up to 5 accounts, but the 2 limit demands too much coordination among my friends, and with 2fa and all that this becames a no go for me.

How does it run though? The trailers are 30fps and stuttery, but I've seen gameplay from the PS5 version that is higher than 30, but still stuttery. I hope it can be locked to 30 or 60.

Arun1910

I expected at least 15h for Kena for that price. There are currently other games I wanna get that will offer significantly more playtime and my money is short so I need to choose games carefully ATM.
Each to their own but for me price doesn't mean length.

If this gives me a solid and memorable experience at 10 hours then I'll be happier than with a 15-30 hour game that was slow in parts or lacked substance due to drawing out the length for sake of length.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
35 hours for a single player is why we get so many bloated AAA games full of pointless filler.
If a game offers little replayability then there should be at least half the hours in content according to price. So if you want to charge $70 I would expect half that amount in hours.

And if there is only about 10 total hours of content then yes I think a sale of $20-$30 is the way to go.

Top Bottom