• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I really thought X wouldn't hit until the next generation. Wonder if Level 5 is doing this..seems like they are a bit busy..

Link

The Autumn Wind
Basileus777 said:
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Square Enix would be stupid to put DQX on anything other than the Wii or DS.
I think everyone either expected it on the DS or on a next-gen machine.

Tenbatsu said:
Capcom just posted this on their MH3 Tri webstie:lol
重要なお知らせ】
一部雑誌記事において、「モンスターハンター3(トライ)のWii以外への展開」という報道がございましたが、当社においてそのような公表は一切、行っておりません。
シリーズ最新作『モンスターハンター3(トライ)』は、Wiiの特性を活かし、これまでにないモンスターハンターを創造するべく、鋭意開発を進めております。

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/
Translation, please.

Zoe said:
Paraphrase:

Wada: Iwata's appearances are rare, so I'm really happy. Completing DQIX is a big relief. A "thank goodness" kind of feeling

Iwata: Thank you for developing DQX on the Wii
Straight pimp.

zoku88

Kinv said:
So Dragonquest 9 and 19 BOTH are going to look worse then 8... awesome.
24xnts2.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
Pojo said:
I actually will.

Unless they radically change DQ, it can't benefit from the Wii. It could be the most beautiful thing the world has ever seen if it were to come out on the PS3, as well as boost the stagnant sales.

But Wii it is!

What?The DQ series has had a more cartoony and simple style that I feel naturally suits the Wii. If this was FFXIII I would see your point, but this feel like a natural progression to me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
schuelma said:
That's what I'm guessing. The next Tales should get announced next week as well..

I don't really think it's going to have a big impact in the short-term because it doesn't really address what duckroll has described as the problem all along: nobody wants to jump into the pool before S-E gets in. Supposing they don't remake 7 or throw major support (some other major franchise, I don't know) out here first, it's going to be a wait until they get in. This is the Gordian Knot problem. I mean this game is probably a looong way away.

The announcement itself might have some impact in other developers becoming more confident in the platform, sure. It will be interesting to see. RPG developers have proven strange the past few years.

I'm interested to see if they remake 7 now to help rectify this.

Although I'm excited that DQX is in development, I'll be super sad if it's technically inferior in any way to DQ8. Hopefully they'll just re-purpose that engine at least?

Seriously, if both 9 and 10 end up regressing graphically....that's just so sad.

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
Kinv said:

first of all, i assume you mean "Dragonquest 10", not 19

secondly, 8 was on ps2... 10 is on wii. are you saying the wii is weaker than the ps2?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Kobun Heat said:
Yeah, so according to Gemaga, Wada came up on stage with a big smile on his face and said, "Thanks for announcing DQX on Wii!"

This is a gift bigger than anything else, short of them announcing Final Fantasy 14 as a wii exclusive.

johnsmith

remember me
My6cats said:
This is the biggest BS I have heard. How is putting Dragon Quest 10 on wii shamming Square Enix?

It's a joke post, reposting an infamous and hilarious gamefaqs posting from when FF13 was announced for the 360.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've never even played a DQ game, but this thread is still hilarious and awesome.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I will feed the troll.

So you mean that having the highest profile RPG exclusive on the Wii wont change anything?

It means a LOT.

There is little to change, the wii is still selling like crack.

Kinda silly its a Wii exclusive, not like it couldn't easily be done multiplat and spread the love.

Whatever, I have a wii and as long as its not like DQ8 I will try it.

What would DQ gain on PS3 or 360? HD menus? Dragon Quest is one of those series' that could go backwards in generations and it wouldn't matter.

Screenboy said:
haha i havent seen a live GAF meltdown in a while.
Not really a meltdown. Who didn't see this coming. Kind of wierd it's announced this early mean release DQIX first.

What's next an announcement for FFXIV next month.

Teknoman

Kinv said:

What? The Cube was a good deal stronger than the PS2...and the Wii is a bit stronger than the Cube, so where are you getting that thought pattern from?

what the hell? DQ is not popular in the west, is it really that crazy that they are developing it for the system that has the most units in Japan (and the world too).. quit crying. To the Sony fans whining about this, did you even play DQ or are you just keeping track of exclusives?

Also, to the people laughing at the aforementioned Sony fans... same question goes to you.

Anyway, I hope it comes out pretty soon!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
I don't really think it's going to have a big impact in the short-term because it doesn't really address what duckroll has described as the problem all along: nobody wants to jump into the lake before S-E gets in. Supposing they don't remake 7 or throw major support (some other major franchise, I don't know) out here first, it's going to be a wait until they get in. This is the Gordian Knot problem. I mean this game is probably a looong way away.

The announcement itself might have some impact in other developers becoming more confident in the platform, sure. It will be interesting to see. RPG developers have proven strange the past few years.

I think the impact is going to be from the actual announcement, as you said. I doubt X hits for a long time, but I think this announcement might lead to more 3rd parties fully coming on board. DS sure seemed to really explode 3rd party wise after the DQ 9 announcement..

zoku88

Darkman M said:
Im sorry i meant in the states.
It did well.... for a DQ game in the States.

It actually didn't do too shabby. I think 600K maybe?

I think DQIV can't have gotten more than 100K here so far.

donny2112

My6cats said:
This is the biggest BS I have heard. How is putting Dragon Quest 10 on wii shamming Square Enix?

Sarcasm. Some self-proclaimed Japanese expert (read: idiot) was trying to say that about Square-Enix in a previous thread somewhere, and Jonnyram reposted it here for lolz. :lol

Ydahs

LiquidSwords said:
Although I'm excited that DQX is in development, I'll be super sad if it's technically inferior in any way to DQ8. Hopefully they'll just re-purpose that engine at least?

Seriously, if both 9 and 10 end up regressing graphically....that's just so sad.
This is SE. This is DQ. SE will obviously push the Wii graphically and put some effort, unlike other developers. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't look much better than DQ8.

Besides, look how good MH3 looks. A good budget = a good looking game.

Calcaneus

My6cats said:
Not just this, its been building up for quite a while, starting with the FFXIII 360 announcement. If you don't understand how dishonorable Square-Enix has been lately, I don't know what to tell you.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
EmCeeGramr said:
"Thanks for the reports about a PSP version of MH3, but sorry, we're building this one around the Wii."

<3

What a coincidence that they confirm Wii exclusivity after DQ10 was announced as Wii exclusive

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom