• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keurig Kold launched today , anyone getting one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible proposition.

A 4-pack of pods is $5, and each pod makes 8 ounces. Ummmmmm ok. I could see if the machine was cheap and then they make money on the pods, but daaaamn! No way in hell, and I'm a huge Keurig fan. Novelty factor, fine, but the price for the machine, holy hell.

Everyone buy one as the company I work for sells a small part that works in the machine for big money.
Seriously though this thing seems way overpriced.

FyreWulff

yikes, you should cut down on that sugar bro

I don't drink that much. I'm saying I just have to go there enough to be able to remember what theirs tastes like.

McDonalds is super sweet.

Burger King's tastes like some put Apple Jacks dust in it (this is consistent across all locations) and is sort of semi-flat. Their Sprite also tastes... off, too.

canned Coca Cola isn't as sweet, so it has more of a bite from the carbonation.

2-liter Coca Cola seems to be the least sweet of all of them, and the least bitey. It doesn't seem to have as much carbonation as the cans.

Coca Cola from a gas station or a movie theater is hit or miss. Gas stations can tend to mix super weak. Coke Freestyles are a lie because they don't have real Vanilla coke in them, they just put in the Vanilla Flavor Shot that gas stations have in their fountains. It's not the same flavor, damnit :(

The best soda I've ever had was when Quiznos still served Coca Cola, they had Vanilla Coke on their fountain. It was like drinking carbonated honey or something. And then they threw a fit when Coca Cola signed a contract with Subway for their toaster ovens and went all-Pepsi. I like Pepsi, but RIP fountain vanilla coke, never saw it again.

Korey

Instead, Keurig CEO Brian Kelley said Kold is a way for people to have a variety of drinks at their disposal, without having cans and bottles take up space in their homes.

So..."save space" from cans and bottles by having this monstrosity on your kitchen counter instead.

Keurig-Kold-Open.jpg

mackattk

Going by the 30 second ad on this page:

http://www.keurig.com/content/kold-landing

Those glasses do not look like they hold only 8 oz of liquid, more like 16-20 oz. Blatant false advertising.

I might actually be interested in this thing if it was more around $100-$120, and you get 10 8 oz servings for $3.99 instead of 4 for $4,99. It would still be on the expensive side, but at least it would bring the cost down quite a bit; and it would actually be great for boutique and other flavors that would be nice to have every now and then.

Damaniel

Banned
Going by the 30 second ad on this page:

http://www.keurig.com/content/kold-landing

Those glasses do not look like they hold only 8 oz of liquid, more like 16-20 oz. Blatant false advertising.

Well, that just means you'll have to use 2 pods, and your 16 ounce glass will cost $2.50 instead of $1.25. What a bargain! /s

I'll repeat it again - this is a horrible, overpriced implementation of a product that could actually be useful if sold at reasonable prices with significantly cheaper consumables. Absolutely nobody will buy this as it currently stands.

Lebron

Work is getting a few of these seems like for the break rooms, which is funny since we have endless stock of the cans and glass bottles.

Oh well, I'll use it lol

RetroMG

So..."save space" from cans and bottles by having this monstrosity on your kitchen counter instead.

If you regularly had parties with lots of people who couldn't agree on fewer than six different kinds of soda, maybe, maybe this would make sense. As it is? No.

I do kind of want to try a SodaStream, though. Maybe experiment with flavors.

If you regularly had parties with lots of people who couldn't agree on fewer than six different kinds of soda, maybe, maybe this would make sense. As it is? No.

I do kind of want to try a SodaStream, though. Maybe experiment with flavors.

If you are regularly having such parties I would hope those people can bring their own fucking sodas.

i would say that i can't believe the pricing on this, but i mean, its a Keurig.

i love my Soda Stream.

bought 2 on clearance at Target just before they replaced them all with the newer model.

got a 2nd one because it was actually cheaper than just buying a second carbonator and that way i can always have a full one and not worry about rushing in to swap when it runs out.

Madness

Really makes you think there's no stopping waste/pollution when people only care if it's cheaper than regular cola, as opposed to the fact Keurig has probably contributed to more pollution than any invention of the last two decades. You can't recycle their cups, they last an extremely long time, and as the average user goes through 2-3 a day, imagine the millions of people who own one and how much waste it makes per year.

Recycling has never been easier for cans and pop bottles. Most houses have recycling pickup, bottle depots and returns are plentiful in almost all major cities, outdoor areas have recycling bins pretty close to food/tourist areas.

M-PG71C

Let's see, Coke 24-pack usually runs $6 at Walmart. That's .25 cents a piece for 12oz.

8oz cup of KK for $1.25 which is a markup of 5X the value. Hell no. :/

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm sorry $1.25 for a 8 ounce of freakn' soda?!

The hell?

Yeah I don't know why anyone would get this for their home. Keurig's target audience(the ones that don't want cans or bottles of soda taking up space) doesn't really exist.

I'd still rather get this than Sodastream though, Sodastream has shitty labour policies and exploits Palestinian labourers.

Geez, at least with the coffee machines, you could use some third party refillable pods on the original models. With this, I don't know how you would make a refillable pod that allows you to add your own CO2 and soda flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom