• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Feige Says There Won't Be Any More Marvel-Sony Spider-Man 'Separation Trauma', Marvel-Sony Planning Next Movies Now

ManaByte

“Amy and I and Disney and Sony are talking about — yes, we’re actively beginning to develop where the story heads next,” said Feige, “which I only say outright because I don’t want fans to go through any separation trauma like what happened after ‘Far From Home.’ That will not be occurring this time.”

thumbs-up-two-thumbs-up.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Who is Kevin appeasing when he tags on "hey I'm only telling you this now because..." lol

Spidey-senses say: Tom Rothman.

Or maybe Tom Holland, I guess.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sony's gonna keep close tabs on Spider-Man movies, No Way Home is mostly a Sony movie with a borrowed Dr. Strange from MCU.

it borrowed the entire mcu setting….

It was clear with the after credit scene, Diseny isn’t going to let Sony shit up there movies with there other properties.

honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they bring in another spider man for there venom verse diarrhea. If anything this movie made that possible.

TonyK

I saw Far from home not too long ago and I don't remember any separation trauma. What are they referring for?

ManaByte

I saw Far from home not too long ago and I don't remember any separation trauma. What are they referring for?

Right after FFH released and made $1 billion, Sony ended the Marvel deal and was going to yank Spider-Man out of the MCU:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hopefully Watts won't be there to destroy the character even more

Right after FFH released and made $1 billion, Sony ended the Marvel deal and was going to yank Spider-Man out of the MCU:
Only someone very naive would take this seriously. It was just a way of renegotiating the contract and having more money for Sony.

ManaByte

Only someone very naive would take this seriously. It was just a way of renegotiating the contract and having more money for Sony.

No it was serious. But Holland was able to beg Bob Iger at the D23 Expo that convention to get the talks going again (after they completely shut down). And Sony didn't get more money out of it, all reports are that Disney ended up with more money for what they put in producing the movies.

Holland gave Iger his number at D23 Expo and then Iger called Holland while he was drunk in a pub and he cried on the phone telling him to not let Spider-Man leave Marvel.

He won't be making Spider-Man 4 because he's doing Fantastic Four.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned

It was clear with the after credit scene, Diseny isn’t going to let Sony shit up there movies with there other properties.

honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they bring in another spider man for there venom verse diarrhea. If anything this movie made that possible.

Disney is doing a better job shitting up their own movies. 🤣

TonyK

Ahhhhhh, a real world economic separation. I was thinking they were referring to a movie scene. I'm dumb.
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Kevin Feige kicked Sony's Venom out of the MCU faster than he appeared there.
I think I touch on this in another Thread.
It wouldn't make sense for Tom Hardy's character to go after Spiderman, regardless of if Venom wants to or not
He isn't really a Villain.
So it needs to make sense and you don't actually know who is going to be Eddie in the MCU, it maybe another actor and it maybe Flash that gets Venom.
Or Tom Hardy could play a different version of Eddie in the MCU that's more in line with Venoms motives.
What we do know is Venom is going after Parker and we'll get the Symbiote suit in some form and eventually Venom will get a host
There is a plan and I'm sure both studios are well aware of what that is, same with Tom Hardy.
It's not playing out in some MCU fanboy way of tit for tat
Everything that's happening both Sony & Marvel sat down and agreed to.

Last edited:

Warnen

I think I touch on this in another Thread.
It wouldn't make sense for Tom Hardy's character to go after Spiderman, regardless of if Venom wants to or not
He isn't really a Villain.
So it needs to make sense and you don't actually know who is going to be Eddie in the MCU, it maybe another actor and it maybe Flash that gets Venom.
Or Tom Hardy could play a different version of Eddie in the MCU that's more in line with Venoms motives.
What we do know is Venom is going after Parker and we'll get the Symbiote suit in some form and eventually Venom will get a host
There is a plan and I'm sure both studios are well aware of what that is, same with Tom Hardy.
It's not playing out in some MCU fanboy way of tit for tat
Everything that's happening both Sony & Marvel sat down and agreed to.

Can’t wait for that möbius cross over…

sol_bad

Let's not forget that Tom Holland accidentally let it slip that he was doing a 3rd film way before these negotiations apparently fell apart.

ManaByte

Let's not forget that Tom Holland accidentally let it slip that he was doing a 3rd film way before these negotiations apparently fell apart.

What? No. That was before Homecoming was even released. Holland (who would know what his contract was) always said it was six appearances. Three in Marvel movies (Civil War and the two Avengers) and then three solo films:

After FFH made $1 billion Disney asked for a little bit of a return of on their investment in the movies, since they produced the damn things, and Sony said "Fuck you" and took Spider-Man back and was going to produce the third movie on their own.

Last edited:

Dude...the one reason this movie has all this hype is because of all the work Sony has done with this IP since the 00s

with the 3 Spider-Man actors and villains they developed during all the movies.

About the after credit scenes

the first scene is 100% about Venom...which Sony is developing. Also...Venom 2 did better at the box office than both Shang Chi and Eternals this year.

I'd say you're not giving Sony enough credit here. Early 2010s Sony Pictures is gone and have been doing mostly hits since that Ghostbusters flop from 2016.

ManaByte

the first scene is 100% about Venom...which Sony is developing. Also...Venom 2 did better at the box office than both Shang Chi and Eternals this year.

Um that first credit scene:
Kicks Sony's Venom out of the MCU.

I'd say you're not giving Sony enough credit here.

Marvel Studios produces the solo Spider-Man movies.

Last edited:

Warnen

I don't like that Spidey suit at all

Aren't we quitting Stark?
Think from now on he will be spider man not iron man jr.
Dude...the one reason this movie has all this hype is because of all the work Sony has done with this IP since the 00s

with the 3 Spider-Man actors and villains they developed during all the movies.

I'd say you're not giving Sony enough credit here. Early 2010s Sony Pictures is gone and have been doing mostly hits since that Ghostbusters flop from 2016.

they made fun of how bad the amazing spider man movies were in this movie….

Think from now on he will be spider man not iron man jr.

they made fun of how bad the amazing spider man movies were in this movie….
We can shit talk ASM all day long but lets be real here. The actual character of Peter Parker and Spider-Man were nothing short of fantastic.

The story was absolutely questionable but Garfields performance was stellar and he still has the most emotional scene in ASM2 with Gwen than any other film beat

Warnen

We can shit talk ASM all day long but lets be real here. The actual character of Peter Parker and Spider-Man were nothing short of fantastic.

The story was absolutely questionable but Garfields performance was stellar and he still has the most emotional scene in ASM2 with Gwen than any other film beat

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Top Bottom