• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC aims to improve chicken sandwich taste by changing preparation procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UK atm we have the Zinger Stacker and it is incredibly good. Doesn't help that I work 2 minutes from the nearest KFC. Anytime I go anywhere else local for fried chicken, it just doesn't compare to KFC.

Apparently the US has no Twisters in their base menu and those are basically the only thing I eat at KFC (or actually fast foods in general). It's... strange to hear.

And since we're at least partially shitting on KFC in this thread, pretty sure the Twister has gotten smaller since the last time I ate it. Disappointing.

I miss the Twister, used to be my favorite chicken sandwich. They still have it in Canada, I generally grab one when we are over there (we are from MI so visit Canada/Toronto once in a while).

How to Improve Your Chicken Sandwich Business Ten-Fold™
by The Entire Public

Step 1: Bring back the Zinger sandwich

Edit: Whaaaaaaat? They're bringing it back? Doesn't look exactly the same, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, KFC. Don't make me regret it.
This monstrosity exists too...
The Zinger Double Down King. It's a greasy mess they've had for a few years now here in Korea. I couldn't finish it.
o-DOUBLE-DOWN-KING-facebook.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Their entire side menu needs fixing as well. Especially the mac and cheese.

FUCK OFF WITH THAT SHIT!! (Not being serious)

Seriously though. Their mac & cheese is godly. I wish I could buy it from their supplier. I'd go all doomsday with that shit and have a giant bunker with a million years worth. Then I'd have another bunker just for KFC's biscuits. lol

jwk94

So I've had the Zinger two days in a row. As someone who hates KFC, I gotta say that thing is so good. It's the best spicey chicken sandwich this side of a chick fil a.

So I've had the Zinger two days in a row. As someone who hates KFC, I gotta say that thing is so good. It's the best spicey chicken sandwich this side of a chick fil a.

Yeah they brought it back to the US starting on 4/24:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...s-zinger-chicken-sandwich-makes-us-debut.html

Apparently it's made and breaded in-store and cost $80 million to develop.

And it's damn delicious. They have it in a $5 fill up box and it's a near-perfect meal for the price.

I've only had one so far but it is knocking on the door of the best fast food chicken sandwiches around (those from Wendy's and Chick-fil-A). I'll have to have another just to be sure, but it could end up GOAT at least based on first impressions.

Taste like a spicy, bigger Chicken Little with lettuce instead of pickles. If I had one knock against it it would be that they could have kept the pickles.

jwk94

Yeah they brought it back to the US starting on 4/24:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...s-zinger-chicken-sandwich-makes-us-debut.html

Apparently it's made and breaded in-store and cost $80 million to develop.

And it's damn delicious. They have it in a $5 fill up box and it's a near-perfect meal for the price.

I've only had one so far but it is knocking on the door of the best fast food chicken sandwiches around (those from Wendy's and Chick-fil-A). I'll have to have another just to be sure, but it could end up GOAT at least based on first impressions.

Taste like a spicy, bigger Chicken Little with lettuce instead of pickles. If I had one knock against it it would be that they could have kept the pickles.
I think it's fine without the pickles. Gonna be sad once they take this off the menu.

painey

my friend who has had a REAL Zinger burger said the American one is very disappointing. I want to check this out, but the KFC's near me are all buffets so it would be dumb to drop $5 on a sandwich meal when for a few bucks more you can get all you can eat chicken

belvedere

Junior Butler
This new Zinger is shite. It has what used to be Twister sauce instead of that spicy orange sauce that I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom