• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH Fans: Would you like a KH Union X remake for PS5/XSX?

RCU005

When we were getting close to Kingdom Hearts 3 release, I started playing all the games again (not all, some I watched the entire story on Youtube). Then, I watched the entire story for KH Chi/Unchained/Union X.

I think story-wise, I am enjoying Chi/Unchained/Union X the most, although it is taking forever to finish. It's almost one year and a half since Kingdom Hearts 3, and the story has progressed like 20 minutes worth of cutscenes.

Nomura said that there are 3 Kingdom Hearts in development. We know that one of them is going to be about Xehanort, and at least one of them is a next gen title. I haven't got the chance to play Re:Mind DLC (please don't spoil) so I don't know how it progresses the story (or if it progresses it) and how much Union X is involved. Basing from the secret ending of KH 3, Union X is the future of the story.

So, my point is:
Would you like one of the games to about Chi/Unchained/Union X) remade with beautiful graphics and cutscenes, KH3 gameplay, etc, or
A game that advances the story after KH3 and Re:Mind (if applies)?

Of course as fans we might want both, but which one would you choose to come first?

All in all, we might have to wait more than a decade for both Union X story to finish and for a next gen title to be released! /s?

YukiOnna

Union X is the one with all the stuff about the Foretellers, right? Personally, I would prefer that before they move to KH4 or whatever they decide. I youtube'd pretty much all the cutscenes at the time, but that shit is quite important lore wise and a pretty good story. Gives some good context for the last quarter of KH3, as well and the future.

njean777

Union X is the one with all the stuff about the Foretellers, right? Personally, I would prefer that before they move to KH4 or whatever they decide. I youtube'd pretty much all the cutscenes at the time, but that shit is quite important lore wise and a pretty good story. Gives some good context for the last quarter of KH3, as well and the future.

Really alls you need to do is watch Back Cover to get the gist of what happened with the foretellers, I wouldn't want to see a whole game about them as it is already basically explained. But that is just me.

Andodalf

Banned
I mean there really is no gameplay to transfer over, you'd have to make a brand new game to retell the story, at that point just make another movie IMO.

RCU005

Really alls you need to do is watch Back Cover to get the gist of what happened with the foretellers, I wouldn't want to see a whole game about them as it is already basically explained. But that is just me.

Not at all. Back Cover explains very little about Chi from the fortellers' perspective, but there was a lot missing, and that's just Chi. There's a lot more happening in Unchained and much, much, much, much more in Union X.

I mean there really is no gameplay to transfer over, you'd have to make a brand new game to retell the story, at that point just make another movie IMO.
Well, of course they would have to reinvent the gamplay, but they introduced a new world (Wrecking Ralph), and they could do a lot with the story and gameplay.

A movie wouldn't be able to cover 20% of it.

Andodalf

Banned
A movie can cover 100% of it. You can basically make a movie of it rn, just watch all the cutscenes on Youtube. If you cut out the literally 300 Agrabah filler missions it's not even that long.

Personally, I think they should release Kingdom Hearts 5.1 Penultimate Chapter Final Remix Volume 1 Part 1 Prologue (Fantasia Edition).

Zephir

I mean...a "KH3 graphic level" game with customizable main character? I would be all in for it, despite being the "ultimate cheesy anime power fantasy" or other words used to look down at such games.

...obviously, with all the gameplay fixes that would come as a not-mobile game.

peronmls

The fact they are bring main story plots to web and mobil why should anyone care about the story or future games? As a fan of 1 and 2 and who used to like everything else after that. Once 3 came out I took it all back. Give Kingdom Hearts a rest. 1 and 2 already looks bad because of this horrible business practice and the super fans who will by anything with KH slapped on it.

Saber

Gold Member
Seriously? The story of foretellers is pure garbage imo. The only thing that remotelly interests me are the Dandellions.

If they want to remake something, they should remake 358 days or Recoded(again). Those games were terrible at time: one with terrible equip system, sluggish combos and boring missions while the other one was basically a mini-game simulator.

Last edited:

Keihart

The spin offs turned a somewhat straightforward but vague story into a more convoluted plot than MGS.
If i could i would erase every spin off from existence and remake 3 with what is left.

TLDR, no.

Last edited:
Top Bottom