• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3: Sephiroth boss return still being deliberated, devs fear it might be redundant

At least finish Cloud's story.

Edit: Wait, I've got it.
bad-guys.jpg

Have the fight start against them, and halfway through they accomplish their reunion and join into Sephiroth.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
People mentioning Noctis don't realize Nomura has no chill when it comes to that subject

LordKasual

Banned
I'll take Ardyn instead of another sephiroth.

Noct will inevitably be a guest member.

Ardyn actually fighting you would just be a giant spoiler lol

I'd take Boss Noctis over Cameo Noctis in a heartbeat though. He'd be way more fun to fight against than to fight with.

Especially in a Kingdom Hearts game.

People mentioning Noctis don't realize Nomura has no chill when it comes to that subject

I can't recall Nomura ever actually commenting on this outside of "Wasn't my decision".

Vengal

I don't think a Sephiroth boss is something that needs to be locked down over a year and a half before release (there's also been interesting stuff cut from KH games and they were still fine). He's not a major presence in the games. And he could still appear and tie up loose ends without being fightable, they just seem to be worried about having him come back again as a boss specifically.

I mean if they're considering it a DLC boss or something i can see that but while not a major part of the original games it had to have been designed based on the difficulty scaling. The incorporation of cloud and zack into the story and their interactions.

Give us Kefka with a Shimomura spin on Dancing Mad.

Sephiroth is the most iconic villain in FF but with the likes of Exdeath getting some love in FFXIV, shine the spotlight on some other villains already. I feel like Judge Gabranth or one of the Ivalice Judges could make a pretty cool KH boss.

Kinsei

Banned
Give us Kefka with a Shimomura spin on Dancing Mad.

Sephiroth is the most iconic villain in FF but with the likes of Exdeath getting some love in FFXIV, shine the spotlight on some other villains already. I feel like Judge Gabranth or one of the Ivalice Judges could make a pretty cool KH boss.

Wait, Exdeath is in XIV? Shit, I might have to play it.

A thought I just had: A lot of Sephiroths moves in KH2 are very similar and exaggerated versions of his Dissidia moves, so I can almost imagine in my head how Kefka or any other FF villain in Dissidia would play in Kingdom Hearts. Due to that, I'd like to see someone not represented in Dissidia currently.

Opa-Pa

I feel like Exdeath's ridiculous nature would feel right at home actually. Having both him AND Gilgamesh would be such a treat...

DKHF

I mean if they're considering it a DLC boss or something i can see that but while not a major part of the original games it had to have been designed based on the difficulty scaling. The incorporation of cloud and zack into the story and their interactions.
I still don't think they need more time than they have left to implement it as a boss even if it's based on how the difficulty scales. They could have some prototypes/a lot of ideas already and will develop them further once the main game has been mostly built.

Mariip

Sephiroth is redundant as hell, i wanna fight Kuja.
Maybe Sora can beat him,
unlike the FFIX party y'know ;)

Gbraga

Outside of KH2 FM, that was the game with the most optional bosses right?

I think we may just get 3 or 4 and maybe more though updates or DLC.

I know this is unlikely for modern S-E, but I'd really like it if they went with the Final Mix thing again. Of course, they'd also release it as DLC for people who already own the vanilla game, but I find that way more interesting than a new battle every now and then. I love FFXV but I still didn't touch any of the DLC and I don't really plan to, I'll wait for the PC version and play everything at once.

Nothing stops me from doing the same with KH III, but I feel like there would be more value to the package if they also planned to sell it as a new release instead of just DLC, since that would generate more sales.

I think? I have no idea if new releases actually sell more than DLC, I'm just guessing.

Malyse

Why are people acting like that KH2 subplot was good or more importantly incomplete?

KH Gilgamesh would be a fantastic fight, what with all the different keyblades in the game.

Arxisz

Sephiroth is a tradition at this point, it wouldn't be the same if we can't build up to fight him as a secret boss at the end of the game, it was one of the reasons I loved the first 2.

Turin

Banned
Love Sephiroth but I'd rather they didn't. At least minimize the FFVII presence anyway. The other FF's aren't getting remakes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Love Sephiroth but I'd rather they didn't. At least minimize the FFVII presence anyway. The other FF's aren't getting remakes.

While I agree with this...

... If they ever surprised people with an FF world, I would still want it to be Midgar.

Slater

Banned
Sora: Where....are we?
Goofy: Looks like a city.
Sora: A city? The World that Never Was?
Goofy: Don't think so.
Sora: Then, where....Armigear activates in the background

Noctis warps into view

Somnus starts playing

he is the KH3 version of Lingering Will

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Top Bottom