• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3 the last 100 days

RPGCrazied

Just this game? If you want to understand the story then no. Although they will have a recap in the game to help you get a gist of it. I'd recommend you get Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 and 2.8. All on PS4 to get maximum enjoyment.

If story doesn't matter to you then yes!

Last edited:

CuNi

People getting this early hurts. Oh well, by the time they are finishing it I will just be starting it. 3 more days!

Fun fact.. I ordered it on the Square Enix store and planned my days off etc from Tuesday..and suddenly it arrived today. The square Enix store himself is delivering this early.

CuNi

I get almost every game on Amazon these days. They never release early.
I just think it's weird that Amazon rightfully sticks to the street release date but even square Enix themselves just release this early. If anything I would habe thought it would be the exact opposite.

Doesn't matter when it just matters that we do get to play it and soon to :) here are 5 things to do while waiting on Kingdom hearts 3 on its last days.

- Take a long walk outside
- Play devil may cry 3 or 4( its a pretty
good antidote)
- Watch or play Resident evil 2
remake
I can only watch do to my no
tolerance for horrors
- Priority some time to your pets,
After kh 3 release it might be hard to
get that done.
Last but not least
-Have a second laugh at some just a
pancake videos :)

Geki-D

Banned
People getting this early hurts. Oh well, by the time they are finishing it I will just be starting it. 3 more days!
Well, I'll only be playing it after I beat RE2. I got that early too but only had time to start today. KH3 will be decently released by the time I get round to starting it. I did preorder on Amazon too, but seeing as it was in the shop I instantly canned my order (yes, knowing I wouldn't have time to play it). I wish they wouldn't be so anal about release dates when every other retailer is putting it out early, it only means less sales for them.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Day 3
e55ebd32f7a3ebb28924f60b7fc77de9.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Last night's dream was the worst. Playing KH3, enjoying the shit out of it only to wake up and realize it still hasn't released.

Lilseb93

I was 9 years old when KH first came out. And in middle school when KH2 came out. I've beaten every game in the series. I can finally get my closure to the story. It's been a long wait, but it's almost here.

Antoon

Banned
I beat every KH title (except the PS3 remakes), so it would be interesting to see how bad the story will get in III. It also sucks they are including somoe of the movie worlds that I really dislke - Big Hero 6, Frozen, PotC, Monsters Inc.

Danjin44

I beat every KH title (except the PS3 remakes), so it would be interesting to see how bad the story will get in III. It also sucks they are including somoe of the movie worlds that I really dislke - Big Hero 6, Frozen, PotC, Monsters Inc.
So.......you going in to this game ready to hate it? Then why buy the game?

How does someone REALLY dislike monsters inc?

Antoon

Banned
So.......you going in to this game ready to hate it? Then why buy the game?

Nice conclusions there, buddy. I am expecting the game to have its share of problems considering they were present in most of the previous titles. Its something I can tolerate, since Im mostly in for the ride because of the button mashing mindless fun.

Wunray

Ok so there is a song in that playlist that comes directly after that one. DON'T LISTEN TO IT, it's not really a spiler but you want to hear that for yourselves in game for the first time, Shimomura went in.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Okay..... so for the last few weeks I've been chipping away at 'The story so far'. Did my second play through KH1, played the Rechain card game, got through 358/2, and am now just entering KH2.

My mind is FUCKING BLOWN. I had no idea there was this level of continuity in all these games over the years.

I hated EVERYTHING about Roxas up until the point you return to being Sora. The moment as you say goodbye to Roxas' friends became such a powerful and emotional moment for a bunch of characters I kept trying my best to ignore.

The gameplay from KH1 to KH2 is an absolute godsend, the major frustrations I had with 1 I feel are fixed in 2. I would say I can't wait for KH3 but I absolutely can until I'm caught up!

Big thanks to Danjin44 for giving me some guidance, I'm glad I went down the rabbit hole

Akuza89

Mine arrives tomorrow. I can not wait.

Although I won't be able to play it much due to after work, but I'll be playing it like crazy after work, maybe through the night haha

Also did I read somewhere there's going to be a new topic, or is this one going to get renamed?

Also side note: the kingdom hearts official YouTube channel just dropped a bunch of story so far/memory archive videos. I haven't watched them yet, but I may be tempted....

Last edited:

Wunray

Mine arrives tomorrow. I can not wait.

Although I won't be able to play it much due to after work, but I'll be playing it like crazy after work, maybe through the night haha

Also did I read somewhere there's going to be a new topic, or is this one going to get renamed?

Also side note: the kingdom hearts official YouTube channel just dropped a bunch of story so far/memory archive videos. I haven't watched them yet, but I may be tempted....
There is going to be an OT idk when it's going up, and have fun tomorrow and enjoy. I myself won't be able to play until next week.

RPGCrazied

Hope the OT is soon. But I might actually play unlocked framerate after seeing a comparison vid. Locked 30 I definitely see frame pacing issues(really hate that) but it seems a tad smoother with unlocked fps. Though while indoor areas it rears its ugly head, but I'll go with that. Really wish there was a 30fps 900p mode.

Cutscenes look locked 30 regardless if its unlocked.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Hope the OT is soon. But I might actually play unlocked framerate after seeing a comparison vid. Locked 30 I definitely see frame pacing issues(really hate that) but it seems a tad smoother with unlocked fps. Though while indoor areas it rears its ugly head, but I'll go with that. Really wish there was a 30fps 900p mode.

Cutscenes look locked 30 regardless if its unlocked.

I will have the OT up by tomorrow. Apologies, taking me a bit longer with all the information being put into it.

decisions

Won't have time to play it too soon but after my recent KH1 playthrough I really want to...Happy for everyone who has been waiting for this game for so long!

Last edited:

Grieves

Cool I'll download it tonight. Still not received an email saying it is shipped yet so I won't be getting it early.

Hinedorf

Banned
You played/watched 358/2 before KH2? You're Kingdom Hearting all wrong, my dude.

Not sure how that's wrong, the story is progressing perfectly. From Roxas origin to going into KH2 made for a perfect flow. Maybe it's because I'm playing it in the final mix with the 'The story so far' and following the games as they show on the list.

Danjin44

Not sure how that's wrong, the story is progressing perfectly. From Roxas origin to going into KH2 made for a perfect flow. Maybe it's because I'm playing it in the final mix with the 'The story so far' and following the games as they show on the list.
Don't worry it doesn't matter if you play 358/2 days before or after KH 2.

Geki-D

Banned
Tetsuya Nomura wants people to play them in order of release (that's why he released them like that). The reason for this in regards to 358/2 is that it's meant to be a revelation. The whole Roxas thing in KH2 is a mystery you're not meant to fully understand in till you play 358/2. It's like playing MGS3 before MGS1 & 2; chronologically it's correct, but it terms of what you learn about the overarching plot, it's so, so wrong.

So you pretty much ruined the Roxas reveal for yourself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wunray

Tetsuya Nomura wants people to play them in order of release (that's why he released them like that). The reason for this in regards to 358/2 is that it's meant to be a revelation. The whole Roxas thing in KH2 is a mystery you're not meant to fully understand in till you play 358/2. It's like playing MGS3 before MGS1 & 2; chronologically it's correct, but it terms of what you learn about the overarching plot, it's so, so wrong.

The optimal way to play them is KH Union Cross>BBS>kh1>CoM and 358/2 at the same time (you see first you boot up 358/2 and when ever axels fucks off to a different place, stop and save and the boot up CoM and pick up from there and when axel fucks off agian....you get the idea)>then you get Re Coded look at it and then chuck it in the garbage where it belongs>Dream Drop Distance>KH3. Very simple you see.

Danjin44

I don't know about that. In KH2 they reveals that Roxas is Sora's Nobody and the fact his was part of the organization XIII and he was Axel's friend. 358/2 Days mostly showed his time in organization and Xion.

Geki-D

Banned
The optimal way to play them is KH Union Cross>BBS>kh1>CoM and 358/2 at the same time (you see first you boot up 358/2 and when ever axels fucks off to a different place, stop and save and the boot up CoM and pick up from there and when axel fucks off agian....you get the idea)>then you get Re Coded look at it and then chuck it in the garbage where it belongs>Dream Drop Distance>KH3. Very simple you see.
That's chronological, far from optimal.
I don't know about that. In KH2 they reveals that Roxas is Sora's Nobody and the fact his was part of the organization XIII and he was Axel's friend. 358/2 Days mostly showed his time in organization and Xion.
You learn that at the end. The mystery is reveal then. You play 358/2 first, there is no mystery. You also know every single detail about Roxas before we're even revealed who he truly is in KH2.

Last edited:

Wunray

That's chronological, far from optimal.

You learn that at the end. The mystery is reveal then. You play 358/2 first, there is no mystery. You also know every single detail about Roxas before we're even revealed who he truly is in KH2.
you are implying there is an optimal way to play the kh series..........heh.

Hinedorf

Banned
I'm completely blown away by this and I can totally see how the Roxas reveal makes sense to be a total WTF moment rather than the linear way I experienced it.

I will however give you my newbie perspective as to how I've experienced some of these characters. While I originally had a mentality of 'all these nobodies are worthless puppets' I now have a certain level of affection and pity for these beings who want to have wholeness. Entering KH2 prior to 358/2 I don't know that I would've ever felt that way. I would consider Axel to be the most sentimental character in the entire story.

RPGCrazied

I watched Tangled, Monsters Inc, Big Hero 6, Toy Story while waiting for the game. Going to watch Frozen tonight or tomorrow.

Wunray

By this time tomorrow we will be 4 hours from launch, lads the finish line is right there. Hype is approaching BoTW levels now.......also I guess we aren't getting a launch trailer?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
By this time tomorrow we will be 4 hours from launch, lads the finish line is right there. Hype is approaching BoTW levels now.......also I guess we aren't getting a launch trailer?

I am hyped. Buying the game digitally at midnight because I am impatient and wanna play NOW.

CuNi

I also want to play KH3 as soon as possible but I'm buying the physical version because I just love the cover arts in KH series.
They did a weird thing with the deluxe edition steel box.. Instead of. Getting the game in the steel box, you get a empty steel box AND the normal game.. Now I love the cover way to much to throw away the normal game box so it sits empty next to the steel box... Still weird to look at at times.

Danjin44

They did a weird thing with the deluxe edition steel box.. Instead of. Getting the game in the steel box, you get a empty steel box AND the normal game.. Now I love the cover way to much to throw away the normal game box so it sits empty next to the steel box... Still weird to look at at times.
Level 5 did same thing with Ni no Kuni CE.

Top Bottom