• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kicked host says Valve wanted to pay the talent at TI4 with signature sales

Keikaku

Hahah racist, oh my god. People are reaching.

You do know that LD and 2GD are close friends? LD even supported 2GD after he got fired.
Regardless of whether you or LD are offended by it or not, casually calling some a "fat, Jewish fuck" is totally and wildly inappropriate. If a person has no filter, fine but that doesn't change the offensive nature of their behavior.

la_briola

So a big time summary of this whole thing is.
Dude has a job.
> yes
Dude gets fired.
> yes
Complains on the internet because he knows he has an audience.
> no, then yes
Internet proceeds to blow it up.
> yes
Dude hopes that this show can help him get his job back.
> no

nature-deal.gif

Jebusman

Banned

He booked a flight out of China immediately after. He in no way is trying to get his job back, and in his statement makes it pretty clear he'll likely never host again.

He also had no intention of actually releasing any of that information and fully owned up to being fired, until Gabe Newell publicly called him an ass. Then he decided to release it.

In which he does not insult Valve or Gabe in general, tells the fans to continue to support them and Dota2 in general, and wishes everyone well.

So yeah, your summary of events are a little off.

But I don't blame you. Everyone has already made up their mind at this point on who's right and who's wrong, and no amount of evidence or common sense is going to change that.

Valve and Gabe being out of touch and doing something stupid...shocking (I mean really calling a guy an ass on Reddit when you're a big company...just ...hilariously bad).

It's like they completely ignored the ivory tower Blizzard of 2006-2010(2), that also acted aloof and unconcerned about anyone but them. Which lead to similar shitshows.

Riddick

Regardless of whether you or LD are offended by it or not, casually calling some a "fat, Jewish fuck" is totally and wildly inappropriate. If a person has no filter, fine but that doesn't change the offensive nature of their behavior.

Some times I wonder what kind of relationship some gaffers have with their friends and where do all these people exist. I call my friends offensive shit all the time for fun and they do the same. I rarely have witnessed a friendship especially amongst men where they don't tease each other or casually trying annoy or 1up each other. Trying to paint this as racism is weird, it's as if you were just introduced to male friendship.

So a big time summary of this whole thing is.
Dude has a job.
Dude gets fired.
Internet proceeds to blow it up.

He already has the full support of the Dota2 community that owes the guy a ton and knew he wouldn't get his job back. He was also being professional and wasn't commenting on his layoff until Gabe's shitpost on reddit.

Kayo-kun

Do you know what a character is? Have you ever watched 2GD host a panel before?

So Dave Chappelle is racist because he makes racial jokes about white, asian, and native americans?

manfestival

cyborgmatt pls
But I don't blame you. Everyone has already made up their mind at this point on who's right and who's wrong, and no amount of evidence or common sense is going to change that.
I don't care who is right or wrong as this is employer/employee relationship. The same goes for most people out there unless they are too famous or too powerful(position wise) to make a difference.

Some times I wonder what kind of relationship some gaffers have with their friends and where do all these people exist. I call my friends offensive shit all the time for fun and they do the same. I rarely have witnessed a friendship especially amongst men where they don't tease each other or casually trying annoy or 1up each other. Trying to paint this as racism is weird, it's as if you were just introduced to male friendship.

He already has the full support of the Dota2 community that owes the guy a ton and knew he wouldn't get his job back. He was also being professional and wasn't commenting on his layoff until Gabe's shitpost on reddit.

Yeah he has the support as well as my support. Dude got railed hard but what can you do when the boss man doesn't want you and got rid of you? You hire cyborgmatt to handle the money.

Top Bottom