• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kickstarter] Art & Stories of Indie Game Creation - 6 days and £5,000 to go

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
This is something I'm really interested in and would love to see made, so I thought I'd share it here during its final week to get funding. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules.

You can back the project here.

RIDOnXH.jpg

A unique insight into the stories and artistry of today's most pioneering indie game developers, delivered as a luxury hardcover book.

Independent By Design is a deluxe hardback book that chronicles the experiences and vivid design of over twenty of the world's most revered and renowned independent developers.

A beautifully realised, 240+ page tome totalling over 80,000 words, Independent By Design is a collection of bespoke, visually stimulating chapters; each telling the story of a featured development studio.

Each spread combines compelling art with exhaustively researched essays based on extensive interviews, offering a unique take on some of the most interesting and offbeat indie game developers of recent years.

Written by videogame industry veterans Stace Harman and John Robertson (IGN, GameSpot, Eurogamer, The Telegraph, Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition), this lavish coffee-table-style book is being created in conjunction with a small team of talented artists to the highest possible standards.

T6T5nPk.gif

We can proudly share that all of the following studios are a part of Independent By Design:

- 11 bit studios (Anomaly, This War of Mine)

- Vlambeer (Nuclear Throne, Luftrausers)

- Acid Wizard Studio (Darkwood)

- Roll7 (OlliOlli, Not a Hero)

- The Chinese Room (Dear Esther, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture)

- Lucas Pope (The Curse of Obra Dinn, Papers, Please)

- Cellar Door Games (Rogue Legacy, Don't Shit Your Pants)

- Tom Francis (Gunpoint, Heat Signature)

- Failbetter Games (Fallen London, Sunless Sea)

- Subset Games (FTL)

- Croteam (Serious Sam, The Talos Principle)

- Chris Hecker (Spy Party, Indie Game Jam co-founder)

- Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia, SOMA)

- Deconstructeam (Ages of Irving, Gods Will Be Watching)

- Messhof (Flywrench, Nidhogg)

- Dennaton (Hotline Miami, Hotline Miami 2)

- Introversion Software (Darwinia, Defcon, Prison Architect)

- inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera)

- Adriel Wallick (Simon & Dene Go To Prison, Infinity Spaceship)

- Acid Nerve (Titan Souls)

HgOewGE.jpg

J4bkTXr.jpg

C4L1YHA.jpg

Here's the link again!

Top Bottom