• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kickstarter] Kitaru - Sci-Fi RPG - $25,000 Goal (Trailer & Concept Art)

border

What kind of reasoning is that? Of course they will try to do their thing even if the kickstarter fails. What's so bad about it?

I think some people would just rather invest in Kickstarters that are actually make-or-break, rather than money grabs or elaborate pre-order campaigns. I want projects that need an infusion of money to be completed because the creators do not have the labor or materials they need. This just seems like hobbyists who openly admit they're just going to spend the funds on booze and candy.

I had that last piece of concept art as a wallpaper for several months (if not years). Wish i had a source to it though, but that much I'm certain.

It doesn't seem like a scam as much as horribly misleading and vague. Sorta the same thing I guess.

Labelling things that are clearly cg cutscenes as "game footage", being very obtuse about the actual game, how complete it already is, who these "volunteer developers" are, and why they need money.

He has updated with some screens of the actual game:

image-109126-full.jpg

image-109127-full.jpg

image-109128-full.jpg

Also an interview with some iphone website that's a bit more clear than anything on the kickstarter page:
http://ifanzine.com/interview-with-aoineko-studios-ben-steele/

Cyrano

Yeah, this looks really awful. The animation of the FMV (that is not actually the game) looks nice, but the game itself looks non-existent. I also find the selling of product placement at the $5,000 reward tier to be particularly hilarious.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Those screens look okay. They probably look more outdated in motion. Like they have some decent art/ideas but lack the skill to realise them in game. Or because they aim for earlier iThings.

Top Bottom