• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Hale-XF11

Everytime they have a gamestop event or something, i'm either out of town or too lazy to go.

Yeah, there's been only one event near me that I can recall and that was about an hour away. Can't see myself going to that much trouble for 5 cards when I live way out in the boonies. The nearest city is only 15 min. away, but these events only seem to take place in major cities.

Doorman

I just found the worst review for this game:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/31/kid-icarus-uprising-review/view-all/

Who could really say that and mean it?!

...which is funny because I almost feel exactly the opposite. Unless you were super-nostalgic for the original NES game, I don't think that the story really engaged at all until you got past that part and the scale of the story really begins to ramp up. I guess I could understand if he didn't like the way the game played, to say that there was more game to play wouldn't really thrill him, but the sentiment as he puts it just...well, makes no sense. If he got his way and it did fully end at chapter 9, would he not complain about it being a good but incredibly short game?

mooooose

Love the game. Flying sections are amazing and the ground sections are insane. Flying feels like a treat before the entree. Great game.

Doorman

Finally beat the game last night. Final boss was a lot of fun
although the VERY last segment felt weirdly slow and anti-climactic compared to the rest of the battle
. Anyway, grade A game, would play again etc etc. Nothing that anybody still in the thread doesn't already know here. ;P

Which means from here on out, it's onward to getting the rest of the weapon types I'm missing, and finally trying to put something together so that I can be at least minorly competitive in the multiplayer aspect.

Korosenai

I'm actually going to start hosting in about 15-20 minutes, just a heads up to everyone. But i'll be on playing for 30+ minutes.

EDIT: Hosting............................... now!

Korosenai

My Magnus Club............ was defeated :(

EDIT: He would leave before I could get my revenge :p

I've really got to find a way to record these matches, becuase the last two have been EPIC

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Hrum. I need to rethink some of my game strats, I don't have anything prepared for this.

Cool to see some real play out there. Cheers.

Anteo

Well this is the first time I've seen anyone kill a player and get killed by the same player in the same move.

Edit : I survived the Aurora Strike!

Edit 2 : And by survived I mean "Holy shit what is this white light around me" "Hey I'm Alive!"

Korosenai

Good games!

Those were some super intense close matches. A lot of fun. Im going to go watch some bellator and ufc for now though, but i will be on later tonight.

Anteo

GG!

There were a couple of games were I got turned into pit with a bad build.
Either "Low Value that Spams black hole and mega lazer and then dies" or
"Item related buffs" (double use, item magned, +4 item attack)

As pit, those are useless =/

Anteo

The other day I got destroyed by a guy that used a 5-6 star bow + that power that make your attacks pass through walls. In a closed map I was getting hit out of nowere all the time!

Korosenai

The other day I got destroyed by a guy that used a 5-6 star bow + that power that make your attacks pass through walls. In a closed map I was getting hit out of nowere all the time!
Oh god that happened to me as well. And with my shot defense -2, i was getting two shot killed. Not fun at all.

Sorry I missed the games, guys, but I had a bit of a personal emergency that I needed to sort out. They sounded exciting; I wish I could've been there.

Top Bottom