• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
And we got a lanyard too? Does it have ki:u and 3ds logos on it?

yea, but no 3ds logo. it's got pit's angel feathers on it though.
What cards did you get?
Midnight Palm
Tortolunk
Shock Orbitars
Underworld Gatekeepr
Suit of Skuttler
Frozum
Space Pirate Sniper
Stealth Claws
Knuckle Staff
Armin

Apparently, Pit w/ Midnight Palms vs Palutena in an AR battle will both kill each other. Lovely.

Just received my prizes from the tournament. Great way to wake up on a lazy sunday.

The pack of 10 AR Cards are awesome! About to scan them all and gets mah hearts on.
And hey, the T-shirt actually fits! Like, it's pretty snug too. Loving the lanyard. I'm definitely going to keep it on my computer desk as a reminder of my battles.

Thanks Neal and everyone at NWR, it's been a great experience. And with that, i have retired

Awesome. I still have to wait a week on account of my Canadian-ness :(

But don't retire yet, my brother, for you may see more action on the horizon...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Awesome. I still have to wait a week on account of my Canadian-ness :(

But don't retire yet, my brother, for you may see more action on the horizon...

The wait is worth it, it's good stuff bro. Tho, I guess i'm kinda making it harder to wait heh.

We will just consider this an off season, Team IcarusGAF.
No doubt. I may have retired from KI multiplayer but it'll always be in my 3DS.
Going on vacation with friends and family since i'm back at home for the summer. Wouldn't be able to get any multiplayer action even if wanted too.

Korosenai

I just started playing kid icarus 3d classic, and man this game is great. First time ive played it. The early levels were pretty frustrating, but im up to level 5 right now.

Anteo

I just started playing kid icarus 3d classic, and man this game is great. First time ive played it. The early levels were pretty frustrating, but im up to level 5 right now.

I wish I could play it, getting 3ds money around here is a pain in the ass since the time nintendo closed the posibility for non US credit cards to add funds to the 3ds.

Korosenai

I wish I could play it, getting 3ds money around here is a pain in the ass since the time nintendo closed the posibility for non US credit cards to add funds to the 3ds.
Well thats weird.

But if anyone else is playing this and having a difficult time, just check out this guide

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus

Edit: I beat it in 3:45. I used that guide that I posted once to help me through Pandoras castle on stage 3-4. Such an awesome game. Gonna play through it again and see if I can improve my time.

Anteo

Holy Shit! Playing in 8.1, I just defeated the boss at chapter 8 in critical state, with pit about to get exausted and the boss about to shoot a charged laser. I didn't had any way to scape at that point, no Powers, no health. I can't belive he died before shooting his thing. I thought I was finished!

Calamari!
What a sucker

ffdgh

Holy Shit! Playing in 8.1, I just defeated the boss at chapter 8 in critical state, with pit about to get exausted and the boss about to shoot a charged laser. I didn't had any way to scape at that point, no Powers, no health. I can't belive he died before shooting his thing. I thought I was finished!

Calamari!
What a sucker

awesome...now do it on 9.0 :p

Pandora's Fortress was the only part that I needed to look up a map, because it has so many one-way routes and a large nonsense loop.

Anyway, 8.0 is significantly easier than 9.0. I've gotta stop making careless mistakes on 9.0 though, as many of these levels are definitely beatable.

ffdgh

hmm good plan. the kracken on 9.0 will constantly spam a paralysis move and do that beam move afterwards so be sure to bring a status recover.

heck you can run from a good bit of the enemies.

maeda

This game's mechanics have so many nuances! I love it. It's just fun replaying levels over and over again! It's my most played game now, ahead of 3D Land. It just keeps on giving!

Korosenai

Just back home and got to open up my prize pack.

It was the Kid Icarus t-shirt (the same one that someone posted pics of last page), Pit perler beads, a pax east 2012 kid icarus lanyard, and the 10 ar card pack

The cards that I got were:

Komayto
Volcano Arm
Bluster
Divine Bow
Igniot
Angel Bow
Bear Claws
Trailtail
Handora
Nettler

Just back home and got to open up my prize pack.

It was the Kid Icarus t-shirt (the same one that someone posted pics of last page), Pit perler beads, a pax east 2012 kid icarus lanyard, and the 10 ar card pack

The cards that I got were:

Komayto
Volcano Arm
Bluster
Divine Bow
Igniot
Angel Bow
Bear Claws
Trailtail
Handora
Nettler

Nice! You, Gospel and I will have to post images of us all swagged up sometime.

Korosenai

I'm about to post what the pit perler beads look like, as well as the photo proof of all of our games. Just so people can kind of get an idea on our matches and what scores we had.

EDIT: For some reason the pic came out sideways

GQEEJ.jpg

Korosenai

Sorry for the double post, but i'm currently doing some community matches with people from NWR. If you want to join, feel free to.

I think I got some games in with Nachocrunk. He's actually pretty good.

Sorry for the double post, but i'm currently doing some community matches with people from NWR. If you want to join, feel free to.

I think I got some games in with Nachocrunk. He's actually pretty good.

Nub, ya need to add me. Of course you can't do that right now though but I'd like it a lot.

And I was already on your list. Fancy that. Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me.

Korosenai

Whats your 3ds name?

Ill be back on soon. Just taking a break watching the heat/pacers game.

EDIT: I'm playing far away mode, and there is this guy on the other team........ hands down best player i've played in this game. Both of his teammates weren't even playing, he goes 7-1, and wins the game. He's beaten me 4 times in a row.

I just went 6-2, had full health as an angel, he was an angel with about 10% health, and he still wins. This guy is amazing.

And here I am looking at my stars wondering what to do with them, the cards don't really appeal to me, i'd rather get the download games you guys get.
If only both NoE and NoA could just get it together and give both trinkets and games.

-MB-

I have gotten a bunch of gems from spotpass with ???, any idea what they are?

I got my 25 sets of kid icarus ar cards from Club Nintendo Europe to :)

Korosenai

Yeah, would be nice to have some AR cards other than the ones that came with the game.

Everytime they have a gamestop event or something, i'm either out of town or too lazy to go.

So please NOA.............. put these things on club nintendo. They would sell like hotcakes.

That's pretty heavily location based. I was just giving out NA 10 card boosters to people I knew for the past two weeks. (I've had a complete collection of all the available cards for a while now, and I went to several events and got a bunch of them. I think about 20? over the course of several. I gave them all to friends/acquaintances who were still collecting. I'm out now, but we'll see if any other events pop up.)

That and I'll see if I can get another NA Three Sacred Treasures. Probably'll try to sell it. Here's hoping.

I just beat this game today...oh my gosh, this game has so much incredible replay value...and the multiplayer is phenomenal! Sakurai, you outdid yourself, once again. Pit is now, most definitely one of my favorite Nintendo characters! : )

I just found the worst review for this game:
The second half
Once you’ve completed chapter nine, you’re given a faux end credit scene which is then interrupted by the game’s “real” villain. Everything good I said about Uprising on the first page? Throw it out starting from this point in the game. Imagine you’ve just ran a marathon, and after crossing the finish line, a clown jumps out from behind a bush, punches you in the kidneys, and says, “Just kidding, you still have 16 more miles to run!” It’s not a good way to break the news to the player..

Kid Icarus Uprising - Nintendo 3DS review

Had Uprising’s story ended at chapter nine, or perhaps had a smoother segue into the second act, my assessment would have been vastly higher. Not only did every mission after that fake-out ending seem like a total chore, but the dialogue and characters that had cohesively held the entire experience together rapidly deteriorated into a non-stop headache. Soon there was an entire crowd of voices incessantly yapping away, including the least intimidating villain since Skyward Sword’s Ghirahim, and I no longer cared about any of it. I just wanted the game to stop, but it didn’t. This relentless nightmare persisted for another 16 dreadfully long levels, and my enjoyment of the game incrementally dropped with each and every one of them..
http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/31/kid-icarus-uprising-review/view-all/

Who could really say that and mean it?!

Top Bottom