• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Anteo

I keep using the wrong weapons! Melee for open fight and bow for closed enviroment!
Also, a item centered build sucks so much in FFA xD

Korosenai

I stop using my magnus club and I drop out of the top 3, i'm such a fraud lololol

Sorry guys, i'm rehosting. I don't know what happened.

Korosenai

You were a beast that game lazybones, I could not hit you at all.

I had to use the Magnus Club and get back that first place spot, sorry guys!

FIRST PLACE BITCHES!

And on that note...I'm outta here lol

It's been fun

Yes it was. We need some more gaffers to play with in a full game. That would be awesome.

Also one more game then i'm done for the night.

Anteo

Yep, I was using ares armor. And if you see me glowing purple, then it's energy charge.

I've never used Raptor Claws before so I was just testing out different powers.

Yeah when I saw that I just could think "RUN RUN!!"

GG everyone
I trapped like 4 fighters with a blackhole near the begining of the game!

Korosenai

Yeah when I saw that I just could think "RUN RUN!!"

GG everyone
I trapped like 4 fighters with a blackhole near the begining of the game!

Oh man, that was you with the blackhole? That was perfect haha. I had no idea what was going on.

And yea, I use energy charge on my Magnus Club. Take my 220 charged shot to 400+ for one hit kills :)

But like i've said before, i'm very easy to kill. I was invisible, going in for the kill on Gospel, and he randomly shot and one hit killed me with a charged shot.

Anteo

Oh man, that was you with the blackhole? That was perfect haha. I had no idea what was going on.

And yea, I use energy charge on my Magnus Club. Take my 220 charged shot to 400+ for one hit kills :)

But like i've said before, i'm very easy to kill. I was invisible, going in for the kill on Gospel, and he randomly shot and one hit killed me with a charged shot.

Yeah, I got two kills early because of that!

Later in the game I got a black hole with two fighters and noone else around, but could not score a kill, I was running towards them but there was a little wall(?) that I was not seeing and bumped into it like 4 times =/

Yeah your club + transparency is still good, you can never count on random shots to take the enemy out right?

I tried a 6 stars pirate cannon but it was not good, the charge shot was good in closed enviroments (+ autoaim) but that was it. And I could not use my bow very well. I think I'll stick to claws.

Korosenai

Yea, with the club I just have to pretty much be looking in the general direction of the enemy, but if they are moving around a lot then it does require a little bit of precision.

And I think Gospel was using the Rose Staff, which seemed to have good homing on it. That is my only weakness 0_0 (I guess I shouldn't have put that on here :p)

Anteo

Yea, with the club I just have to pretty much be looking in the general direction of the enemy, but if they are moving around a lot then it does require a little bit of precision.

And I think Gospel was using the Rose Staff, which seemed to have good homing on it. That is my only weakness 0_0

I knew I should have used my +3 homming Bow! (though I don't think it could have one hit you)

And with that staff he countered my claws and melee'd me away, I was so surprised when that happened. (Then he killed you, just when I was trying to chase you down)

Korosenai

I knew I should have used my +3 homming Bow! (though I don't think it could have one hit you)

And with that staff he countered my claws and melee'd me away, I was so surprised when that happened. (Then he killed you, just when I was trying to chase you down)

Yea man, Gospel is a beast. He has the perfect weapon + power combination, and knows exactly how to use it.

Those were some fun ffa's though. I'm glad you and Lazybones could play.

Kangi

Five star ranged, six star melee Skyscraper Club. 14 kills in a free-for-all match.

Oh, this is lovely. (And it makes people hate me)

Kangi

I love the Skyscraper Club. It's charged shot is perfect for grouped up enemies.
Mine has a boost to its forward charged shot. So I used homing boost, slip shot, and invisible shot powers. I love interrupting three-person brawls with an invisible sphere of death coming through the walls.

I have a fantastic announcement to make: I just beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity!

Holy crap, what an incredible game! I haven't felt any personal sense of pride after beating a game since I was a kid, but goddamn, do I feel good tonight.

This game went from a passing thought to a potential Game of the Year for me. Absolutely amazing.

Kangi

I have a fantastic announcement to make: I just beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity!

Holy crap, what an incredible game! I haven't felt any personal sense of pride after beating a game since I was a kid, but goddamn, do I feel good tonight.

This game went from a passing thought to a potential Game of the Year for me. Absolutely amazing.

You're making me want to try doing this again... urgh. Which weapon did you use most of the time, by the way?

Korosenai

Mine has a boost to its forward charged shot. So I used homing boost, slip shot, and invisible shot powers. I love interrupting three-person brawls with an invisible sphere of death coming through the walls.
Adding invisible shot to it is just basically high level ffa trolling, and I love it! lol

Congrats! Not that many people here have done that IIRC.

I haven't played many games this year, and since i'm a huge Halo fanboy it'll probably be my GOTY, but this game is definitely runner up (imo). I haven't had this much fun with a game in a while, and the NWR tournament was a blast as well.

Anteo

Wow. All in 9 intensity? Wow. I don't think I'll ever get to do that! Congrats!

And Kangi, I have a mediocre Club with +3 homming, and it is amazing at surprising people with invisible shoot. Man I can only imagine what could I do with a 6 stars one

You're making me want to try doing this again... urgh. Which weapon did you use most of the time, by the way?

My beloved bow:

Darkness Bow
Ranged: 5 stars
Melee: 2 stars

Overall Defense +3
Shot range +1
Dash cont. fire +4
Heart bonus +2

Honestly, without that weapon, I don't think I could have done it. I was struggling to get past the first four chapters on 9.0 until one of my Great Reaper runs nabbed me that bow.

Although, for
Chapter 24
I had to go with a special set of Artillery Claws with six stars in ranged and a side-dash ch. shot +4. Boss would tear through me like paper if I let him touch me, so I had to devise a strategy of "Run left, dodge, left-dash charge shot, run right, dodge, right-dash charge shot". And, of course, Aries Armor + Super Armor helped a bit. XD

(Beating
Chapter 19
with a club on 9.0 was quite the bitch as well...)

What powers did you use?

Depended on the specific chapter, but about 80% of the time I went with one of the following:

Aries Armor Lv. 4
Pisces Heal Lv. 4
Crisis Recovery Lv. 1

Aries Armor Lv. 4
Health Recovery Lv. 4
Weak-Point Reticule Lv. 3

I started out with the first set because Pisces felt soooo overpowered, but then I quickly moved to the second set because I found Pisces too unreliable in the middle of a boss fight – just too risky trying to purposefully get hit. I found I favored having the occasional pick-me-up between big fights during the level, or just after I fucked up doing something stupid. I tried to save Aries for the bosses, and would hope I could kill them before both charges of Aries ran out.

Weak-Point wasn't really necessary, I just kept it there because I needed it for a few bosses (makes
Arlon
sooo trivial, lol) and couldn't think of anything better to put in its place.

But for the really hard stages, I made custom power sets. For example, for
Hades' Heart
I used the largest Transparency I had (whatever gives you 5 charges). I'd use my bow's slight homing to hit it from the opposite side of the maze, and once it got angry I'd immediately turn invisible, pretty much negating that whole mechanic for the most part. With my bow, it lasted exactly five "rounds", so it worked out pretty well.

Anteo

Health Recovery works better the more health is left to you. So I always carry a lvl 3 or lvl 4 one and use it as soon as I drop to 60%. With that, I get back to neraly 95%.

Health Recovery works better the more health is left to you. So I always carry a lvl 3 or lvl 4 one and use it as soon as I drop to 60%. With that, I get back to neraly 95%.

I didn't know that, but that would make sense. I thought it was weird that the amount it healed always seemed variable. XD

Korosenai

Wow, thanks for the tips Metroid. I'll definitely keep them in mind when i'm doing my 9.0 intensity run.

I never knew that. That's actually really helpful, thanks man.

ffdgh

I have learned the joys of using playing dead for 9.0 runs. 20 secs of being invisible and invincible if you don't walk around is such a god send.

that aside, any one has any tips for chapter 18 on 9.0? a certain someone lacks ranged attacks.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
2012-05-17-410-YourMoneyorYourLife.jpg

I have learned the joys of using playing dead for 9.0 runs. 20 secs of being invisible and invincible if you don't walk around is such a god send.

that aside, any one has any tips for chapter 18 on 9.0? a certain someone lacks ranged attacks.
Playing Dead feels borderline necessary for Chapter 6's boss on 9.0. Gah that fight...

ffdgh

>_> just beat that a few hours ago. that battle wouldn't be nearly as hard if dark pit didn't fly around so much....or at all.

and XD at the great fairy giving hearts.
why are her boobs round?

If only getting hearts were that simple.

Hey Tyeforce, did you ever get a reply back regarding having the AR cards shipped to you? I know I sent the email about having them shipped to my house, but haven't gotten a reply yet

vanty

I got Raptor Claws with +4 speed (think it's 2 range, 4.5 melee). Thing is so fast it almost seems to break the game ahaha, walking is faster than most weapons running. Finally something I can use to change up occasionally from the Fairy Orbitars I've been using for probably over half the game now.

I studied this video VERY intently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qgscqmhpM

Only kill the enemies he kills, and try to copy some of his techniques. For example, the most difficult part is that last gauntlet before the boss, but what you need to do is
immediately bum rush the lone centurion, causing a strongarm to appear. Just keep running and pray you don't get grabbed, and use Magnus's running kick to get behind the juggernaut. Turn around, and hopefully both strongarms are now stuck behind it, trying to grab you. At this point, keep mashing the attack button until they're all dead. The juggernaut will die first and leave you vulnerable, but ignore everything and just keep attacking until just one strongarm is left, at which point you can focus on being careful and dodging its attacks.

Other misc. tips: The yellow arrow that appears above enemies to let you know if you can attack them REALLY helps. Never press the attack button unless you see a yellow triangle.

Also, since your weapon doesn't matter for anything except the flying section, unless you're more comfortable with something else I'd go with a club. If you're lucky enough to get to the flying part of the stage you really don't want to die, and constantly swinging a club basically makes it a free pass. (I had a Black Club with +6 overall defense.) And remember that when the building debris is falling towards you, the exact center of the screen is a safe spot.

Playing Dead feels borderline necessary for Chapter 6's boss on 9.0. Gah that fight...

I had a decent Angel Bow that I used for that fight. I abused that weapon's homing properties.

The four platforms are essentially arranged into three tiers. If Dark Pit was near the top tier, I would move to the second tier and angle myself so that the top platform would block his shots, but if I aimed straight up, my shots would curve and hit him. If he was on the second tier, which has two platforms, I could hide on whatever platform he wasn't on and use the top tier platform to stand between us and block his shots. If he was on the bottom tier, again just try to find a position on either the second or top tier where the angle of the platforms keeps you out of line of sight.

If he can see you, don't attack, just focus on moving and dodging until you can move the fight into a more favorable position. Break that line of sight however you can and then let loose.

ffdgh

After looking at a weapon fusion guide for tips on gfaqs.....and almost 4 days of constant farming,ejecting my cart, and trying to transfer a verrrry picky defence +8, I've finally got lucky managed to make some 9.0 tiger claws yesterday.

305 Value
Ranged/melee 1.5
Overall defence +8
Health +2
evasion +2
melee combo +4 make them stronger than my 4 star beam claws XD

Korosenai

After looking at a weapon fusion guide for tips on gfaqs.....and almost 4 days of constant farming,ejecting my cart, and trying to transfer a verrrry picky defence +8, I've finally got lucky managed to make some 9.0 tiger claws yesterday.

305 Value
Ranged/melee 1.5
Overall defence +8
Health +2
evasion +2
melee combo +4 make them stronger than my 4 star beam claws XD

Have you tried any levels with it yet? Hows it working out for you?

ffdgh

Have you tried any levels with it yet? Hows it working out for you?

so far so good. Pit can take a hit and the evasion boost great for waves of enemies. The only downside I can think of is how weak ranged attacks are but atlease he can kill enemies with one or 2 melee combos.

Korosenai

so far so good. Pit can take a hit and the evasion boost great for waves of enemies. The only downside I can think of is how weak ranged attacks are but atlease he can kill enemies with one or 2 melee combos.

Awesome, hopefully you can beat most of the levels with it.

Right now i'm using a sagittarius bow, and it's pretty powerful, but I move too slow with it, so i'm probably gonna just have to forge a good pair of claws or palms.

Top Bottom