• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Chopper

I actually get quite a bit of loot in lvd, but i dont play ffa, so i cant really compare.
How is it determined? I mean, sometimes I win the bonus item that appears at the beginning of a match (though more often, I don't), but sometimes I am randomly(?) awarded with loot too. Not that I'm complaining, but what gives?

Korosenai

How is it determined? I mean, sometimes I win the bonus item that appears at the beginning of a match (though more often, I don't), but sometimes I am randomly(?) awarded with loot too. Not that I'm complaining, but what gives?

I honestly don't know. I think it's just completely random, because some games they don't give out anything, other games they give out weapons or powers, and sometimes it's idols.

I also have a mic that i'm about to test for the podcast tonight. Hopefully it works good.

I honestly don't know. I think it's just completely random, because some games they don't give out anything, other games they give out weapons or powers, and sometimes it's idols.

I also have a mic that i'm about to test for the podcast tonight. Hopefully it works good.

I need to use the lapel mic that I use to record my violin music :X

Hopefully it'll have better quality than the external mic, otherwise I'm euchered. I guess that's what mic tests are for, though.

Korosenai

I need to use the lapel mic that I use to record my violin music :X

Hopefully it'll have better quality than the external mic, otherwise I'm euchered. I guess that's what mic tests are for, though.

You want to do a test call real fast?

I've never used skype before, but my profile name is nizzub. So maybe you can add me or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
19th May seems to be THE DAY!

REDMOND, Wash., May 16, 2012 - Since the March 23 launch of Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo 3DS system, legions of fans have experienced the game's action-packed multiplayer features. To make it easier than ever for fans to come together, Nintendo of America has created a Multiplayer Battle Day Meetup Everywhere community that people can use to organize their own local Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer tournaments, meetups and social gatherings*.

Fans and Nintendo 3DS users are encouraged to get together and battle it out on Saturday, May 19, which has been designated as Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer Battle Day. Using a broadband Internet connection or local wireless connection, players who own a Nintendo 3DS and Kid Icarus: Uprising can compete in the game's frenetic multiplayer modes, whether battling it out in three-on-three Light Versus Dark mode or six-player Free-for-All mode. The 20 groups with the most participants will receive special Kid Icarus: Uprising premium items such as AR Card packs and T-shirts, while supplies last.

Meetup Everywhere is a simple-to-use online platform that enables followers to coordinate local, real-life meetups based on shared interests. Nintendo 3DS users who are interested in sharing Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer experiences, trading AR cards with others or exchanging in-game weapons using StreetPass are invited to visit http://www.meetup.com/nintendo3ds to find events in their area or to plan their own meetups.

For more information about Kid Icarus: Uprising, available now exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system, visit http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising.

I'll just be using my phone. I didn't know there was a Skype app on my phone and man am I thankful. I might've had to flake if there wasn't one.

Just be careful; the Skype app has a tedency to crash at the worst times.

My Skype name is the same as my username, by the way.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just be careful; the Skype app has a tedency to crash at the worst times.

My Skype name is the same as my username, by the way.

Aw, what a mess. Hopefully it isn't too long and things go smoothly. My skype name is gospeldos.
edit: Says you aren't listed in the directory :S

Aw, what a mess. Hopefully it isn't too long and things go smoothly. My skype name is gospeldos.
edit: Says you aren't listed in the directory :S
Hmm, that's strange...

There's no capitals and it's all one word, but that's all I can think of that could be wrong. I'll check it out when I'm back at my laptop.

Korosenai

I added you too Scrafty.

Me and Gospel just tried out a phone call, it sounds really good.

Can't wait for us to all 3 be on tonight and talk about the tournament.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I added you too Scrafty.

Me and Gospel just tried out a phone call, it sounds really good.

Can't wait for us to all 3 be on tonight and talk about the tournament.
Haven't used Skype in since Brawl came out but that was much, much smoother than I remember. It was nice hearing the voice behind Gotenks too.

Now, I must rehearse one-liners and deliveries.

Tyeforce

I wish Nintendo would have either told us about this earlier or had it take place at a later date, because it's kinda hard to plan a big event in only three days. They gave us more time to plan StreetPass Day!

Korosenai

Haven't used Skype in since Brawl came out but that was much, much smoother than I remember. It was nice hearing the voice behind Gotenks too.

Now, I must rehearse one-liners and deliveries.

Lol, i've got one line prepared, but that's about it. I'm just gonna go with the flow and hope for the best.

Lol, i've got one line prepared, but that's about it. I'm just gonna go with the flow and hope for the best.

I have a few things prepared, but I'm just going to let my natural wit handle the rest ;)

Please excuse me if I talk fast, I get excited real easily.

By the way, we have to begin the segment with "sorry to keep you waiting!" It's just too easy to pass up.

Korosenai

Well............ now I have more time to come up with some one liners :p

I think skype should come out with a built in recorder. Would be really helpful.

Well............ now I have more time to come up with some one liners :p

I think skype should come out with a built in recorder. Would be really helpful.

Indeed. It was really great actually hearing you guys for the first time; now I can put a voice to your posts. Sorry for my mic issues, I'll try and get them sorted out before tomorrow.

We should briefy give a shout-out to Presidents, Kyle and Arkin, as they were the only team to beat us once, and Dr. Hadji's team for being fellow GAFfers and dealing with Frank Abagnale Jr. Jr. so well.

By the way, you can expect me to quote Regular Show, Firefly, and KI:U tomorrow, among other things. It's just what I do.

Korosenai

Indeed. It was really great actually hearing you guys for the first time; now I can put a voice to your posts. Sorry for my mic issues, I'll try and get them sorted out before tomorrow.
Yea for sure man, and your mic is ok, it just messed up here and there.

We should briefy give a shout-out to Presidents, Kyle and Arkin, as they were the only team to beat us once, and Dr. Hadji's team for being fellow GAFfers and dealing with Frank Abagnale Jr. Jr. so well.
Yea, we should talk about our wins/losses, and then maybe elaborate on what we did in some of the games (ex. the first round where we stayed back against the kids who used trade off), that way the viewers can actually get some tips and maybe we can help them learn some stuff.

By the way, you can expect me to quote Regular Show, Firefly, and KI:U tomorrow, among other things. It's just what I do.
Can't wait to hear it haha.

I also found this program called call burner, i'll see how it works out, and if it's good, i'll tell Neal about it.

Tyeforce

If I was in Arizona, I would attend :(
You can create your own meetup in your area! That's how StreetPass Arizona started, after all. You don't even need to start a StreetPass group if you don't want to, Meetup.com lets anyone plan a meetup easily. That's what Nintendo's encouraging people to do for this event.

You can create your own meetup in your area! That's how StreetPass Arizona started, after all. You don't even need to start a StreetPass group if you don't want to, Meetup.com lets anyone plan a meetup easily. That's what Nintendo's encouraging people to do for this event.

Part of a Streetpass group on Facebook, so I don't use the meetup thingy anymore

Korosenai

Does anyone have any tips or strategies for cannons?

I've been wanting to try out cannons for a while, but i've never found the right one or the right powers to use with it.

Does anyone have any tips or strategies for cannons?

I've been wanting to try out cannons for a while, but i've never found the right one or the right powers to use with it.

Protip: Don't use them. Cannons are only really effective when fighting in tight corridors, which only about 3 stages have.

If you must use one, then Autoreticle is an important power to have due to the lack of homing that cannons have. They also benefit from Black Hole (for grouping enemies together) and Quick Charge (their charge shots are exponentially better than their continous fire). You may also want to consider using Lightweight, since they really slow you down, and Transparency, so you can get the drop on your enemies.

Korosenai

Protip: Don't use them. Cannons are only really effective when fighting in tight corridors, which only about 3 stages have.

If you must use one, then Autoreticle is an important power to have due to the lack of homing that cannons have. They also benefit from Black Hole (for grouping enemies together) and Quick Charge (their charge shots are exponentially better than their continous fire). You may also want to consider using Lightweight, since they really slow you down, and Transparency, so you can get the drop on your enemies.
Good points. I dont really see cannons being able to beat most weapons, but with those powers they could have a good chance.

Lolololol just went 18-3 in an ffa. Second place went 3-4.

Awesome! Is it 10 card ar packs? I wish nintendo would just go ahead and put them on club nintendo, they already did for Japan.

Don't know for sure. Hoping it's a 10 pack. Or even better, a 24 pack (or whatever was the number of cards the Europeans got for preordering/buying the game)

EDIT: Tyeforce, did you also get an email stating you had a Top 20 event?

Korosenai

Just a heads up, I will be hosting ffa's tonight at around 10:30 central.

If you have not added me yet and want to play, just pm me your friend code and I will add you.

Tyeforce

Don't know for sure. Hoping it's a 10 pack. Or even better, a 24 pack (or whatever was the number of cards the Europeans got for preordering/buying the game)

EDIT: Tyeforce, did you also get an email stating you had a Top 20 event?
Yup! I'm shocked, my event is the biggest one in the U.S.! While the email I received only mentioned AR Cards, Nintendo's Facebook mentioned T-shirts as well, so hopefully we'll get those too, at least a limited quantity of them.

Korosenai

30 minutes til the FFA if you want to play........ please :( lol

Anyways, i'm listening to our podcast and it sounds pretty good. I forgot to give out team tips though. I remember korean dj talking about how his team was 1 slayer and two support players. You really need one guy who deals out damage/keeps attention, a main player, and a support slayer. One of the main reasons why our team did so good. Our roles all complemented each other really well.

Top Bottom