• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Amikami

Banned
I thought it was established that it's all on Aniplex's end

Regardless, I'm interested to see if they'll get off their asses for the last episode.

They probably won't...

I'm not sure whose fault it is, but if your going to antagonize me with Doge, then you're still an asshat.

Scarecrow

I'm glad I stuck with this show despite the awful exploitative scenes. Some awesome, epic shit is going down and I love it. How many episodes are left? Something like two or three?

Amikami

Banned
I'm glad I stuck with this show despite the awful exploitative scenes. Some awesome, epic shit is going down and I love it. How many episodes are left? Something like two or three?

Just 2 more. Gotta be honest. I would love for COVERS to stick around and just have this end the Ragyo drama. Then we could have a chance at a season 2, but that's just wishful thinking, and it's probably in everyone's best interest to end it here. I wouldn't be able to NOT support a second season though if they went at it.

Scarecrow

Just 2 more. Gotta be honest. I would love for COVERS to stick around and just have this end the Ragyo drama. Then we could have a chance at a season 2, but that's just wishful thinking, and it's probably in everyone's best interest to end it here. I wouldn't be able to NOT support a second season though if they went at it.

One and done is best. More opportunity to do something new.

Eusis

Daisuki gets everything but English up, they are usually just as delayed as Crunchyroll.
Well, it still hit earlier for the last episode I believe (and I only caught up when 21 was out for a few days) but yeah, English was still later than the rest. Wonder what's going on with that.
I thought it was established that it's all on Aniplex's end

Regardless, I'm interested to see if they'll get off their asses for the last episode.

They probably won't...
That doesn't surprise me, especially if this is the only show Crunchyroll has issues with... then again I also haven't been following them THAT much, so maybe it's more widespread?

Giolon

Well, it still hit earlier for the last episode I believe (and I only caught up when 21 was out for a few days) but yeah, English was still later than the rest. Wonder what's going on with that.

That doesn't surprise me, especially if this is the only show Crunchyroll has issues with... then again I also haven't been following them THAT much, so maybe it's more widespread?

I typically watch 2-3 shows + Naruto on Crunchyroll every season and I have never seen this happen before than maybe 1 time. KLK is every week for 5+ weeks now. It's kind of ridiculous.

Evilisk

I think I read somewhere (either here or somewhere else) that some past shows did have some delays as well, but I'm not sure if I just imagined that or if I'm remembering incorrectly

duckroll

I typically watch 2-3 shows + Naruto on Crunchyroll every season and I have never seen this happen before than maybe 1 time. KLK is every week for 5+ weeks now. It's kind of ridiculous.

The exact same thing happened with Valvrave S2 last season on both CR and Daisuki/Hulu.

I know it's really late on discussing episode 22 since episode 23 is coming up but I wonder if anyone feels the same way

It's nice that Satsuki showed an apology, it makes her more than the one note she has been playing all along. Though I think Ryuko should have punched her because she still deserves it. One thing that does irk me is that the Deva unconditionally stand up for everything she does like pets. For a lack of a better word it's obsessive dick-riding.

Now I understand the point of the unconditional loyalty and honor and what not but when she compared Ryuko having Mako is like her having the Devas, I don't think that fits at all. Mako would be willing to call Ryuko out on her shit, and tell her what is wrong. With Mako you can feel that she is friends and an equal to Ryuko in the relationship. The Devas follow orders unconditionally and act as tools for their queen, you always get the feeling that Satsuki is not on their level but more of a general and her soldiers. They also unconditionally follow her BS such as attacking other cities and nudist beach being bombed to hell. Not only to mention the only death that we can be certain of on screen (Besides Isshin in the past) was the kid in the first episode.

Well anyways I guess that's as far as they are going to take it though with the apology. Just own up to "I was wrong lying to you all this time", even though it would have been much easier if she tried working with people. If Ryuko did punch her I would think it's deserved since she did do a lot of scumbag stuff, and even taunted her with her father's death (even though ironically it's what she thought was the death of her father and sister that drove her to do what she does).

raven777

EP 23

I liked it. It somewhat felt like TTGL.

I am sad that this ends next week... I really loved the show...despite having few meh episodes.

A-V-B

Any OMG moments?

A ton.

New suits for Elite Four that still have them mostly naked, Mako + crew hamsterwheeling Dai-Gurren through Original Fiber, Gurren Lagann callouts galore, fake Ryuuko death, Rei getting absorbed into Super Discomilf's new outfit, Discomilf giving Nui new arms ala Voldemort giving Wormtail his silver hand, new credits remix, Nui interrupting credits, budget increase, etc..

Feltrol

Banned
A ton.

New suits for Elite Four that still have them mostly naked, Mako + crew hamsterwheeling Dai-Gurren through Original Fiber, Gurren Lagann callouts galore, fake Ryuuko death, Rei getting absorbed into Super Discomilf's new outfit, Discomilf giving Nui new arms ala Voldemort giving Wormtail his silver hand, new credits remix, Nui interrupting credits, budget increase, etc..

With that much happening, I can't believe it only has 1 episode left. Rushed?

Vito

Banned
how are they different? for a moment I thought WSJ was Wall Street Journal. Its Weekly Shonen Jump, right?

They're not, I just want to spam pics :) But yeah Shonen Jump, legally the big 3 titles (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) aren't officially out until Monday (also simulpublished by Viz), but everyone reads the "early translated edition" on Wednesday.

It's only kinda funny/odd when you have simulcasting delays like Kill la Kill, cause lately we get anime stuff pretty fast and there's (usually) no leaks. I assume Daisuki will have Kill la Kill up in every language except English up shortly, but the spoilers rule still applyies afaik.

TheOGB

Banned
I lost count of how much I said 'oh shit'.

Then again, I don't think I started counting, but it seemed to be happening often.

_PM

This felt like the most
Gurren Lagann-ish
ep from all. Which is good, very good.

It's going to be sad saying goodbye to this show.

Zeppeli

Banned
This felt like the most
Gurren Lagann-ish

This series is pretty much what would have happened if they tried to stretch the Spiral King arc out for the entire series. KlK isn't bad, but it should have dealt with Raygo and moved on to the next big baddy by episode 12.

Mononoke

Banned
This felt like the most
Gurren Lagann-ish

Yeah, at this point it's what I expected it would be. I just hope the finale doesn't fizzle out. I kind of fear that all the over the top action stuff has become so repetitive at this point, that they won't be able to top it all off.

Moaradin

This series is pretty much what would have happened if they tried to stretch the Spiral King arc out for the entire series. KlK isn't bad, but it should have dealt with Raygo and moved on to the next big baddy by episode 12.

Not every series can, or needs to, ramp up as much as Gurren Lagann did. Shit is near impossible.

Zeppeli

Banned
Not every series can, or needs to, ramp up as much as Gurren Lagann did. Shit is near impossible.

KlK should have never been 24 episodes if they had planned to only deal with Raygo. There's been so little plot advancement until the recent episodes that it was basically filler.

Soma

Yeah I dunno.

Coming off of the hype from the last episode, I wasn't feeling this one. Some cool stuff happened but with all the crazy stuff happening I feel like the show is holding back on a lot of things. Maybe I got my expectations too high but it's kinda telling that the biggest knee-jerk reactions I got from watching this was from
Sanageyama getting his eyesight back
and
Nui interrupting the credits
out of everything that happened. It was fun and wacky just like the show has always been but I think I expected too much out of it.

After this I'm not really all that hyped for the last episode and I'm kinda just ready for the show to be over and see what happens to everyone in the end.

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah I dunno.

Coming off of the hype from the last episode, I wasn't feeling this one. Some cool stuff happened but with all the crazy stuff happening I feel like the show is holding back on a lot of things. Maybe I got my expectations too high but it's kinda telling that the biggest knee-jerk reactions I got from watching this was from
Sanageyama getting his eyesight back
and
Nui interrupting the credits
out of everything that happened. It was fun and wacky just like the show has always been but I think I expected too much out of it.

After this I'm not really all that hyped for the last episode and I'm kinda just ready for the show to be over and see what happens to everyone in the end.

Yep, basically how I felt about it. It's like, on the one hand, I can't say I'm entirely let down. Because it's what I expected. At this point, it is what it is. But for all the really
crowd pleasing moments
in this episode, it oddly felt hollow. I'm really really curious how they end this series. Not because, I think they will pull off something unexpected. Like I said, you should already have known what kind of show this was going into the half way point. BUT, I'm curious to see how they pull off the last episode within what the show is limited to. I just hope that all the absurdity hasn't been completely spent. I hope I'm able to smile and walk away from the series feeling good about it.

For the most part, this has been the case. I've really enjoyed this show. But I didn't really love this episode like I thought I should have.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Gamagori: I can pick 9 cannons at once!!!!
Mako: ...Only? You fool!!! I'm gonna use 9...x 3!
Gamagori: Ah, so you mean twen-
Mako: 999 cannons assault!!!
Gamagori: WHAT THE

Top Bottom