• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Jarmel

Banned
Oh my god, that final Ragyo design is so fucking awful. Oh god.

Also come the fuck on Trigger, you guys have to know this fight choreography is completely unacceptable.

Branduil

Oh my god, that final Ragyo design is so fucking awful. Oh god.

Also come the fuck on Trigger, you guys have to know this fight choreography is completely unacceptable.

iy3CRzqzxKhBx.gif

wow
such movement
very action

It's nice that it's heating up for the final conflict. I wish the fight was directed better, though it's good that they aren't using any of that out of place cg from the early episodes on this.

I definitely like Mako the best and this episode did solidify that with how much work she put in. Also in a way I think Satsuki got mad corny now. Like I know she was all about those speeches before and resolve, but ever since she turned a new leaf and had that apology her lines just seem weird. Though it does sort of feel that way I guess because while people criticize Ryuko for not growing or knowing better, Satsuki kind of changed at the drop of a reveal without gradual progression into it over the series.

Mik317

yo.

I legit Bandaras'd multiple times during this,

everyone pretty much had the FUCK YEAH Moment...(well...except Mohawk Dude...who would have thought that he would be the true Yamcha of the series).

yo dam, this show is awesome.

Jarmel

Banned
iy3CRzqzxKhBx.gif

wow
such movement
very action

It's fucking embarrassing. That's like one area where the guys at Trigger have to know better. Flailing at high speeds doesn't make a good fight sequence. I'm just sitting there hoping that there would be one good action cut and I get nothing.

Soma

Yeah the fight scenes have been letting me down a lot lately. There hasn't been an exceptionally good fight sequence since the Osaka battle in episode 15.

Episode 18 had some good moments too though.

Kinda why I'm not really expecting much from the last episode. It'd be nice to have something REALLY awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Beats

Yeah, one of my biggest disappointments with the show are definitely the fights/the action. I was kinda hoping there would be some nice stuff this episode, but I guess not. I probably shouldn't expect too much for the next one.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, one of my biggest disappointments with the show are definitely the fights/the action. I was kinda hoping there would be some nice stuff this episode, but I guess not. I probably shouldn't expect too much for the next one.
Being hotblooded is all that should matter!

TheOGB

Banned
I can't believe
they killed my girl Ryuko. RIP in peace homie

yo.

I legit Bandaras'd multiple times during this,

everyone pretty much had the FUCK YEAH Moment...(well...except Mohawk Dude...who would have thought that he would be the true Yamcha of the series).

yo dam, this show is awesome.
He almost did something this week

That's better than the last 5 episodes combined for him

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah the fight scenes have been letting me down a lot lately. There hasn't been an exceptionally good fight sequence since the Osaka battle in episode 15.

Episode 18 had some good moments too though.

Kinda why I'm not really expecting much from the last episode. It'd be nice to have something REALLY awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Yeah that is my issue too. The action stuff hasn't been all that spectacular lately. They feel more by the numbers and are not absurd enough to be entertaining.

Xamdou

Very underwhelming episode, the fight scenes weren't that amazing and the flight mode outfits look ridiculous. Their ship that ends up flying is just a straight rip off Gurren lagann. Prior episodes have been hyped but this latest ep certainly wasn't.

Ezalc

Four Devas looked awesome, don't get the Nonon love here either, guess it must be some elaborate joke.

Still dislike the fact that the Devas get outfit changes yet Senketsu/Junketsu never really change their base appearance except for the "modes".

Episode 23

I got chills the second Sanbika started playing, and the scene itself was already awesome enough without a fantastic track accompanying it. It's as fitting as Happily Ever After was in TTGL.

This is really everything I could have hoped for and more. This is the presentation of TTGL with a different message, and I am loving every second of it. Everything from the camera cuts to the dialogue boasts enthusiasm, and I am loving every second.

I have complete faith in Trigger to end this on a high note and make this my AOTY two years in a row.

Evilisk

I guess this was an okay episode.

It was nice that they acknowledged the 2-Stars but they're several episodes too late for me to get hype for it.

Also RIP awesome Nonon. Sorry but literal whore outfit Nonon is too much. It doesn't help that she's not even the same character that she was about 13 episodes ago. Boring Satsuki groupie Nonon can go and die somewhere. As far as I'm concerned, the real Nonon is in that great big place of smug in the sky along with Maiko.

RIP awesome Nonon, 2013 -2014

Still dislike the fact that the Devas get outfit changes yet Senketsu/Junketsu never really change their base appearance except for the "modes".
Oh yes, this. It doesn't help that both Kamui's were in the stupidest/worst looking forms for most of this episode.

duckroll

I really enjoyed the latest episode. It started off a little slow, but built up really nice momentum. Not a lot of great animation, but there was some solid use of music, and I really liked how Ryuko was actually NOT BEING USELESS for once in the series. I guess there's no better time than at the end of the series. Lol. The fake-out in the ED was great. I knew they were going to do something since they already played the ED before that. Hopefully there's some really cool action in the final episode! :p

Not

Banned
This show is ruined for me by the sexist costumes. No amount of justification and reaching will convince me otherwise.

Branduil

As far as this last episode goes, I felt like the pacing and editing was really awful. Like, it technically hit all the story beats you would expect from a penultimate episode, and yet somehow they had no impact whatsoever. The terrible fight choreography probably didn't help, but tension itself was nonexistent. Ryuuko getting cut in half felt completely halfhearted, like the show already knew that absolutely no one would be fooled by it. At no point in the episode did it remotely feel like anyone was actually going to die. Everything was just like, oh, I guess that happened. Yeah. Ryuuko didn't die because of whatever. Keikakus gonna keikaku. Seems like the life fiber thing is dead. Okay.

This show is ruined for me by the sexist costumes. No amount of justification and reaching will convince me otherwise.

Now that's not really fair. The show is ruined by a bunch of other things as well.

Top Bottom