• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Odrion

Banned
It was a fun episode, yaaaay. I can't wait to see how Trigger will bum us out with the ending.

Also Nui owns now.
Well, so far not a single male character in the show has been raped by their parent, so there's that.
No, just a guy who got violated with a staff.

Vito

Banned
42378328.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....lling up reading the typical (dumb) comments.

Mendrox

Best episode imo, got the Gurren Lagann feels. Still miss the weekly 4chan discussion and monday waitings for BBS subs. I loved that the last gurren lagann episode was about 800mb large lol. Miss that time.

LordCanti

Odds of it not quite being
dead yet
next episode?

My money is on
Ragyo absorbing it...or it absorbing her or....something. We're going to find out how far down the "No, really, I want these life fibers to destroy the Earth" rabbit hole she is. She wants to be queen...but considering that they're literally going to destroy the Earth, I'm not sure her plan makes a whole lot of sense. It being dead and the whole "let's destroy the Earth" plan being shot to hell would actually benefit her.

A-V-B

Odds of it not quite being
dead yet
next episode?

My money is on
Ragyo absorbing it...or it absorbing her or....something. We're going to find out how far down the "No, really, I want these life fibers to destroy the Earth" rabbit hole she is. She wants to be queen...but considering that they're literally going to destroy the Earth, I'm not sure her plan makes a whole lot of sense. It being dead and the whole "let's destroy the Earth" plan being shot to hell would actually benefit her.

She's a total buttmonkey slave to life fibers. I don't think she cares about ruling the Earth, just make sure the fibers propagate. Now
the original fiber seed is destroyed, it's totally personal and she's gonna go a bit gonzo.

Mendrox

Oh and my prediction is that episode 24 won't be the end and there will be a movie announcement. Just to get a galaxy like scene like in TTGL... but with a movie budget. Would be horrible in one way, because the wait would be too long but it also would be awesome.

Dynedom

I see this ending with
Junketsu having to die (finally saying something to Satsuki ala The End to Anemone in Eureka 7), as well as Senketsu dying (possibly along with Ryuko). I'd imagine they want to completely eliminate Life Fibres from the planet or something and it will involve at least losing the Kamuis. Ryuko's fate will be the interesting part

I hope Trigger knocks it out of the park with the final episode. Give us an over the top, feast for the eyes please! They way the end card seems to hype them up makes me think they'll at least try.

LordCanti

She's a total buttmonkey slave to life fibers. I don't think she cares about ruling the Earth, just make sure the fibers propagate. Now
the original fiber seed is destroyed, it's totally personal and she's gonna go a bit gonzo.

Yeah I don't know if they'll even try to sell it in a deeper way.

I still do expect
Aikuro to be their Dad though, because...uhhh...they look exactly alike and....they've red herring'd the fuck out of us if he's not, and I'm wondering what implications that will have at this incredibly late stage. If he's the guy that created the scissors, there's no reason that he couldn't have some scissors hidden on that boat somewhere or....some other kind of trick up his....uhh....in his utility belt.

Hamlet

Another really enjoyable episode
The new Elite 4 outfits also look fantastic
Loved the TTGL vibe it had for the second half of the episode

Nikodemos

I think it's awesome that the Elite 4's
Mk.III (IV, in Sanageyama's case) gokuseifuku are visually a combo between Nudist battledress and activated kamui.

Sigmaah

Many of us knew it'd only be 24 episodes. Doesn't really need more anyway.

season 2 believe

Well, there's an OVA on the last Blu-Ray in September.

I'm hoping it's an onsen episode.

I'm just surprised that this show is ending in only 24 eps. I thought it was gonna be a lot longer but it's fine. Now I can see why the pacing was so quick. But the show is great and I'm enjoying it!

I'm in love with Ryuko though...

sonicmj1

Anyway, I totally get people's complaints about the lack of interesting battle choreography (postcards for Sakaki's generals fighting on the ship? C'mon!), but I felt like the second half was strong, particularly with
Ryuuko destroying the original fiber with everyone's help
. It was cheesy, but the music and Mako's voiceover pulled everything together really well. And I think I saw Maiko somewhere for a fraction of a second?

I still really want them to go all out, because I know they can do it, and I feel like they're still not doing all they can do with the animation.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Anyway, I totally get people's complaints about the lack of interesting battle choreography (postcards for Sakaki's generals fighting on the ship? C'mon!), but I felt like the second half was strong, particularly with
. It was cheesy, but the music and Mako's voiceover pulled everything together really well. And I think I saw Maiko somewhere for a fraction of a second?

I still really want them to go all out, because I know they can do it, and I feel like they're still not doing all they can do with the animation.

Let's just believe in the 24th episode for now >__<

Surely that will be the one where trigger's talent finally goes all out!

JoeFu

Banned
Just rewatched Little Witch Academia... makes me sad how bad KLK's animation is. I'm still enjoying the show, but it just feels so cheap.

Oh well, looking forward to the finale. Also dat Nonon magical girl transformation

Nikodemos

Oh well, looking forward to the finale. Also dat Nonon magical girl transformation
Dat magical
stripper
girl transformation. ^_^

Also, Gamagoori's has
a gladiator's manica
and Sanageyama's
shinai is a lightsaber.
I love these little touches.

Rewatched the episode and it felt more hype than the first time.

I really love the new Elite 4 outfits.

I wish the animation was better but heres hoping they saved all that budget and shit for the finale.

Lol Mako though (spoilers)

Sadist

Mako's powerlevels are extremely high! Lol her 999 cannon attack. Gamagoori am cry.

Thought it was fun again, great stuff. Elite Four were cool, Ryuko with a plan that actually works? Well hot damn. Nui: I never asked for this.

Mononoke

Banned

I think it's a mix of the choreography not being that interesting as it once was, and the fact that you know there isn't any consequences or stakes to these epic fights. SO it's like, at the very least they need to entertain you on a spectacle level.

Oh and my prediction is that episode 24 won't be the end and there will be a movie announcement. Just to get a galaxy like scene like in TTGL... but with a movie budget. Would be horrible in one way, because the wait would be too long but it also would be awesome.

There is a galaxy scene like in TTGL with a movie budget...it's in the second TTGL movie.

It's amazing.

Top Bottom