• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct coming to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed on the XBL subscription card for XB1 it refers to KI as KI round one reiterating that there will be more characters next year.

"Day One 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

For a limited time, get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character. Includes commemorative card and case."

I just noticed on the XBL subscription card for XB1 it refers to KI as KI round one reiterating that there will be more characters next year.

"Day One 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

For a limited time, get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character. Includes commemorative card and case."

Yeah, they'll be 6 characters at launch and 2 more next year for round one.

Does anyone else feel the newer version of the DH version of Glacius is a downgrade? He's looking less and less like Glacius. If they wanted an alien they could have just made a new character.

glacius22.jpg

looks nothing like a past character so it was easy to know it was new.

Yeah, but I thought the first 8 were going to be from the original roster, which is why I was puzzled. Thought they just changed someone up like Maya. She used blades, was a princess/queen/royalty, had flipping aerial moves, etc. Glad it's a new character though.

Does anyone else feel the newer version of the DH version of Glacius is a downgrade? He's looking less and less like Glacius. If they wanted an alien they could have just made a new character.

Naw. He still reads as an ice man, it's just that he looks more like an alien like he's supposed to. Old Glacius was alright but he never read as an alien to me.

MrMephistoX

glacius22.jpg

Not to worry they'll sell you a classic Glacius outfit as DLC...I'm not even mad I eat up fighting game DLC so I'm part of the problem.

Loving all the new tweaks in the new build but the freaking audio in this stream is terribad. It's a shame because a huge part of the attraction of this new KI is the dynamic music. -_-

Not to worry they'll sell you a classic Glacius outfit as DLC...I'm not even mad I eat up fighting game DLC so I'm part of the problem.

Im shelling out $40 so it better be included.

I was just saying that between the Gamescom version and the newest build he became a downgrade. When they showed him a few months ago he looked good enough now there just making him too complicated looking with all those TRON lines and face split in the middle.

Somnia

Im shelling out $40 so it better be included.

I was just saying that between the Gamescom version and the newest build he became a downgrade. When they showed him a few months ago he looked good enough now there just making him too complicated looking.

You do not get EVERYTHING in the $40 version. You get everything they've listed, but they will be adding things over time for sell like new outfits, etc.

Silky

Banned

glacius22.jpg

Look at those fucking NIPPLES. Why the fuck does an Alien need nipples.

Every iteration of Glacius is different, as every Glacius is a different member of that character's species.

glacius3.jpg

His wiki: http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Glacius

Look at those fucking NIPPLES. Why the fuck does an Alien need nipples.

Every iteration of Glacius is different, as every Glacius is a different member of that character's species.

glacius3.jpg

The reason he has nipples is because he still has the same physiology as humans or tried to take a form that closely resembled them. Even though there are other members of his race the charecter Glacius is the same.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
this is actually making the game look real bad.

Bad players always make good games look bad

These guys are jumping around so much :/

So wait $40 just gets you the 8 charecters and a port of KI 1? I thought for that money you get the whole enchillada

Shadow jago is exclusive to the day one gold until February 14th... So that's at least one DLC that will be extra... Likely not much else will be extra

Somnia

So wait $40 just gets you the 8 charecters and a port of KI 1? I thought for that money you get the whole enchillada

- The $39.99 Ultra Edition pack will include everything available with the Combo Breaker pack, the original Killer Instinct arcade game as well as accessories and costumers for characters.

They have said there could be additional DLC released that they would charge for (probably some outfits). Also when Round Two comes out you'll have to pay again if you want the new characters after the first 8.

They have said there could be additional DLC released that they would charge for (probably some outfits). Also when Round Two comes out you'll have to pay again if you want the new characters after the first 8.
This is the list from the pricing thread:

The Ultra Edition includes:

- The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)
- Character accessory packs
- Character costumes
- The original “Killer Instinct” arcade game

I'm sure there will be more DLC after that, but I'm pretty sure that will get you everything available day one (plus the 2 extra characters).

Somnia

it does for round one. That guy doesn't know what he talking about.

Oh really?

"If you buy the $40 pack, there are a couple of other little things you'll be able to buy, but you're done. It's not like there's some buy coins to unlock thing. That's why I've always said this is not a free-to-play game."

There will be extra stuff to buy eventually people.

royalan

this stream proves this game isn't a button masher like haters want to claim lol.

Exactly.

It's easy to forget that we've been watching mostly streams of the game devs and pros up to this point.

Watching some Average Joes play the game makes it very obvious that there is a learning curve to this game,

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

glacius22.jpg

Old (KI2) Glacius looks like a basic #D model with a little bit of love put into a spikey chin and some extra details on his limbs (similar to how Street Fighter makes hands and feet larger, to emphasize the "attacking" parts of the body). I always liked the KI1 model better, but even he was just a basic T1000 with ice skin.

New Glacius retains the texture detail and ice like look (with some interesting techno-lines along his form), while giving him more layers of detail, a more inspired shape, and a model that looks much more advanced than "a few changes to my base male character mesh".

In no way, shape, or form, do the old ones look better. One might like it better, because it's familiar, but it's just nowhere near as inspired a design.

Looking at the Riptor that Bayliss is working on now, I think he would push for similar improvements to the characters, even if he was designing them. Old KI's designs are one of the few things I would say are "Too 90s"... Transformers, KoF, Mario, Sonic, I enjoy their old styles, and still find much of what they bring to be relevant to modern design. But KI... NOPE! It NEEDED to be refreshed and updated.

you get the original costumes in the $40 dollar package. you said they selling that even though it is included in th $40 package.

Somnia

you get the original costumes in the $40 dollar package. you said they selling that even though it is included in th $40 package.

I never said that, I said there could be additional costumes after release, don't put words in my mouth please. All I've said all along is there could be additional items for sell, just as Ken Lobb himself just said in the quote I posted above. I just speculated that it could be outfits.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The only think we know about the "Costumes" and "character accessories" to come with the $40 pack... is that they're there.

They haven't said they're the classic models. They HAVE said their costumes are really cool, and push further than the average fighting game costume, however. That remains to be seen, though.

The accessories are suppose to be ways to customize a character for an original look. We do NOT know what these entail yet. They could allow you to change mask, hairstyles, shirts, tattoos, weapons, parts of the outfits... of they could just be bobbles to hang on the character, or attack effects.

It also sounds like some accessories should be unlockable in the game, as well as the ones you get with the $40 edition. The full game has some kind of features that are unlocked by earning points through playing.

malfcn

I still don't understand the counter during combos with the lights and numbers. Suppose I am not a fighter enough to understand that mechanic.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I still don't understand the counter during combos with the lights and numbers. Suppose I am not a fighter enough to understand that mechanic.

Ok, the numbers are your knockdown value. When it hits over 100, end it or it will end it for you by knocking down your opponent (far less damage)

The lights are the amount of damage iirc... The more squares = the more painful ender you can do

In combo... Using your instinct or performing a counter breaker resets your knockdown value meaning you can make an epic combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom