• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct coming to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Rare own Battletoads? I remember Cheesemeister posting nebulous details about the IP rights.
They definitely do.

From Nuts & Bolts:

btoads_zpsa87cf86e.png

I would freaking love it! Above Joanna Dark even for me. That would be wicked awesome!

Yeah! Support! :D Honestly if this were to happen, I would be all over Killer Instinct for a life long time. Not only do I think he fits in with the world of KI, with the whole genetics and Ultratech.

Plus I think the look for Killer instinct, is perfect for Battletoads.

Found this. I would seriously think he'd look like that if he was in, Double Helix and what-not. :p

bumpkin

It's too quiet. I thought PAX was supposed to be when they'd be dropping more buckets of awesome on us... Where's the goods, Double Helix? Klobb? Bueller?

abadguy

Banned
It's too quiet. I thought PAX was supposed to be when they'd be dropping more buckets of awesome on us... Where's the goods, Double Helix? Klobb? Bueller?

Yeah, isn't there supposed to be some new info or something today? Maybe a proper debut of Sadira?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anything new for KI yet from PAX? I missed the stream.

No

Berserker_mike: @delt31 @Filthierich Nothing more new at PAX. But we hope to share more very soon!

They reaaaaalllly need to stop doing that... "Want some cool unveils? I recommend you check out pax!" Then show nothing new at all...

bumpkin

That's freaking awesome! I feel very much the same way when I go up to Funspot (at Weirs Beach in New Hampshire). It's pretty much a birthday ritual for me. I go up there with 20 bucks, get myself a big cup of tokens, and pretty much spend 80% of my time there up on the third floor in their classic games area. The other 20% is me playing more modern stuff like Daytona USA, NBA Jam, Street Fighter 2: CE and at least one of the Mortal Kombat games, which are still on the lower floors. So many memories of my childhood and teenage years at that place.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
dear Double Helix,

you know we are hungry for info. we know you are working incredibly hard. maybe announce the roster now, and reveal each character when they're "done"?

love
oneida

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
dear Double Helix,

you know we are hungry for info. we know you are working incredibly hard. maybe announce the roster now, and reveal each character when they're "done"?

love
oneida

I think they should announce all returning characters for season 2 as well when they

Just so a) we don't go through the "ARE THEY CUTTING MY CHARACTER" b) it allows us to focus more on the new characters and get excited for the reveals

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Awesome video, so many freaking feals man.

Also... would you happen to have any more direct feed footage (not on youtube) that you could share with us to help satiate our hunger for more KI news?

There's more on the way for sure. It's pending approval tho, similar to other media outlets get approved footage to release to the public. Stay tuned guys!

.la1n

There's more on the way for sure. It's pending approval tho, similar to other media outlets get approved footage to release to the public. Stay tuned guys!

Max I'd just like to commend the efforts you have put into making these videos for us. They are always great to watch and this is coming from someone who usually has no interest in YouTube videos of this kind. Your a great asset to this community and to the developers behind KI as I'm sure they are aware. Thanks for taking the time to make these for us.

Delt31

No

Berserker_mike: @delt31 @Filthierich Nothing more new at PAX. But we hope to share more very soon!

They reaaaaalllly need to stop doing that... "Want some cool unveils? I recommend you check out pax!" Then show nothing new at all...

yep I can confirm. I asked Mike today b/c I was like where is all the news they promised? I think DH is doing a great job but stop putting your foot in your mouth by promising more info and then NOT delivering.

def sim

This seems to be the pattern with Microsoft in general. "Hey, be sure to pay attention to ??? for surprises." Nothing much comes from it and we see some more good news from Sony.

GGPO was not confirmed unless i missed something

source?

IIRC, it's rollback based, not GGPO.

This seems to be the pattern with Microsoft in general. "Hey, be sure to pay attention to ??? for surprises." Nothing much comes from it and we see some more good news from Sony.

IIRC, it's rollback based, not GGPO
Yeah, this is what I heard. They talked to the person behind GGPO to develop their own rollback code.

Delt31

so does their rollback code = GGPO or that type of experience? I thought they said no GGPO at the panel but is rollback the same type of thing just not called GGPO?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
so does their rollback code = GGPO or that type of experience? I thought they said no GGPO at the panel but is rollback the same type of thing just not called GGPO?

Rollback is the technique used when handling the client data, and it is what defines GGPO but it is not exclusive to GGPO. If I recall correctly, Capcom attempted something similar with Street Fighter X Tekken. You may remember hearing about or even experiencing strange behavior in SFxT online. In many online fighting games, latency issues are manifested in slowdown. What rollback does in high latency situations is actually ditch entire sequences of animation. That means that in a match with good latency, it almost feels like you're playing offline. With bad connections, it looks like the game is skipping like a scratched CD.

Slowdown, in my opinion, is far worse. I'd rather not play than feel like I'm playing on the moon.

Ugh, rollback is the worst even in the best hands. I'm scared to see the result for a team that is new to fighter development. At least they have another season to work out the kinks if it self destructs =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom