• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

.la1n

With Iron Galaxy's new game I'm guessing they are trying to figure out a new developer.

Their current staff seems capable of balancing more than one game. Especially considering support for KI isn't the same resources as building a brand new one.

Doukou

They are bigger than that but they spend most of their resources on porting and publishing or developing parts of other games. The last game they developed solely by themselves besides KI was Divekick extended addition in 2014, and their new game is a much 'bigger' than what they have done before. I shouldn't have had said it was a guess when it's an idea I could see happening.

Not to mention the three characters could be a way of Iron Galaxy creating content while the new developer gets used to it.

melkier33

If I wanted to pick this up on PC is the windows store my only option? I don't own an Xbox so I don't know how the play anywhere stuff works.

TheFawz

Got another glimpse at Eagle in-game:
DBczs6QVoAEG8Ox.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/871222025343324160

I'm really curious to see how the cybernetics will tie to his gameplay. It's likely the glowy visual queue for his instinct.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
If Eagles Nez Perce outfit is anywhere near as good as Thunders I will probably never touch his default look.

TheFawz

Maybe I missed it before but I was pleasantly surprised to read that Eagle will be getting a retro costume unlike Killgore and Shinsako.

I don't think any of those 9 pictures of Eagle and his alternate colors look good, mostly due to his goofy stance, but it looks a lot better from gameplay view.

Char Select:

In-Game:

tapedeck

Maybe I missed it before but I was pleasantly surprised to read that Eagle will be getting a retro costume unlike Killgore and Shinsako.

I don't think any of those 9 pictures of Eagle and his alternate colors look good, mostly due to his goofy stance, but it looks a lot better from gameplay view.

Char Select:

In-Game:
Yeah he looks way better in game, those color variant stills don't do him any favors but I'm sure he'll animate well and I look forward to his traditional outfit.

As a side note..for some reason I find Eagles default look off putting..like the mix of tech and Native American bothers me. And this is coming from someone who didn't think Thunders KI1 look was offensive..stereotypical for sure but not offensive.

shandy706

Yeah he looks way better in game, those color variant stills don't do him any favors but I'm sure he'll animate well and I look forward to his traditional outfit.

As a side note..for some reason I find Eagles default look off putting..like the mix of tech and Native American bothers me. And this is coming from someone who didn't think Thunders KI1 look was offensive..stereotypical for sure but not offensive.

I think it looks cool, it's like a male Aloy from Horizon. A mix of tech and old.

tapedeck

I think it looks cool, it's like a male Aloy from Horizon. A mix of tech and old.
Yeah it might just be me, regardless he's getting a tribal outfit that if Thunders was any indication I'm sure will look great.

.la1n

The retro is pulling from Thunder's new retro, yeah? The one they worked with that tribe on.

I dig it, tbh.

Yeah; I imagine they used the tribes input for this design as well. Good on IG/MS for wanting to respectfully represent native Americans in video games.

Yeah; I imagine they used the tribes input for this design as well. Good on IG/MS for wanting to respectfully represent native Americans in video games.

It's the same pants and hairdo, I wouldn't be surprised if they just followed the existing design guidelines.

But you're definitely right that it's great to see some legit representation. And in a fighting game, no less.

TheFawz

The accessory sets are cool, and I'm glad they're treating him like a full character release with a complete assortment of colors and accessories for default and retro.

However I realistically only see myself using the Wasteland accessory set in full and only selective pieces of the others. Which to be honest is pretty much the case for all the characters in KI where most accessories don't look all that great.

tapedeck

So native 4K patch coming for KI on Xbox One X (ugh that name..can I just call it Scorpio) this Fall for free..thats pretty awesome. Have to wonder if that's finally gonna be it for KI 2013..

TheFawz

Really nice that KI got some form of at E3 for the 5th year in a row!

I wasn't really expecting a sequel this soon, hopefully next year, but that they're doing proper Scorpio 4K support is interesting. Hopefully it's more than just a resolution and dynamic asset quality scaling removal. I know more than likely it'll be the same thing the PC can already do at 4k native resolution, but who knows...

tapedeck

If there was a sequel being made they wouldn't announce it with MS's new no CGI slogan.
I'm pretty sure we are getting a full 'KI4' at some point down the road, I just can't wrap my head around how they are going to do it in their current hardware situation. I don't know about you guys but the last thing I want is a KI sequel graphically handicapped by Xbone. :|

You figure Xbox Two isn't coming till at the earliest late 2019 or 2020. I guess it could be a launch game for that running in 4K and running in 1080p (maybe) on XB1X to compensate for what I'm sure is gonna be a massive power discrepancy.

TheFawz

For those wondering about when we'd get the Eagle trailer here's what Rukari had to say on it Monday via the forums.

User: "Max works in the trailers, but he doesn't do al the work. For example, Zachary has to edit the sound.

So Max may have ended his work with the trailer, but the trailer may not be finished"

Rukari: "The audio portion is what's correct. Max is done. Well not all the way.

Audi has the trailer. Their target delivery is tomorrow evening. Then the trailer will be delivered back to max for a final render with source and audio, aimed to be delivered to me for publishing by Wednesday at 12:30"

I've never played the previous Killer Instincts so I don't know. What archetype does Eagle fall into?

Or is it gonna be one of those "7 different archetypes rolled into one character"?

I've never played the previous Killer Instincts so I don't know. What archetype does Eagle fall into?

Or is it gonna be one of those "7 different archetypes rolled into one character"?

All we know is that he has a bow & arrow and a mechanical eagle.

I'd wager that Eagle is a zoner/puppet wielder character ala characters like Zato-1 from GG and Carl from BB.

Top Bottom