• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Stream on MadCatz TV

Silky

Banned
Confirmed no F2P, "F2P" mode is just a demo.
I called it.

The team developing KI3 is an entirely new team created for the game.
I called that too.

Game looks great.

RS4-

Hopefully it's archived. I want to play the shit out of KI but I'm not buying an xb1 just for it.

So they're talking about pushing this at tournaments... I can see sponsored runs at Evo not being a problem, but do they have a solution for tournament organizers having to manage XBONEs and the used game/online check-in restrictions for those setups?

RooMHM

Who stream in 432p+? -_-

No Cinder, no fuck given.

74hits? Hmm ... So Ultra means you do juggle infinitely? ... lame

quickwhips

This was made by Double Helix games, the odds of it actually being good are about 2%.

I hope that makes you feel good for missing out. The reviews from people playing it at E3 is that it is really good. I like Silent Hill Homecoming and Front Mission Evolved so meh. Sometimes you got to feed your family and yourself.

Silky

Banned
So they're talking about pushing this at tournaments... I can see sponsored runs at Evo not being a problem, but do they have a solution for tournament organizers having to manage XBONEs and the used game/online check-in restrictions for those setups?

If professional tournaments can (barely) manage constant live-streams from multiple different outputs, I'm pretty sure they can handle connecting the Xbone at least once for the day.

commedieu

Banned
I hope that makes you feel good for missing out. The reviews from people playing it at E3 is that it is really good. I like Silent Hill Homecoming and Front Mission Evolved so meh. Sometimes you got to feed your family and yourself.

where are e3 reviews?

Sydle

He makes it sound so technical. I guess this is good for the FGC to get a good fighting game with more technical depth, but it sounds like I'm going to have to stay off line because I suck at fighting games.

EDIT: Also, sounds like it's in great hands. Didn't know there were so many FG enthusiasts at DoubleHelix and how much they were inspired by other fighting games. Maybe no Rare was the right thing to do.

He makes it sound so technical. I guess this is good for the FGC to get a good fighting game with more technical depth, but it sounds like I'm going to have to stay off line because I suck at fighting games.
The impressions from people make it sound like while it is really technical it is also easy to pick up for anyone. But I guess you are right about online. Might be brutal if matchmaking isn't nice, haha!

If professional tournaments can (barely) manage constant live-streams from multiple different outputs, I'm pretty sure they can handle connecting the Xbone at least once for the day.

That's the easier of the two logistical issues, but often it isn't as easy as you make it sound. Funding is always an issue, and there's a lot of BYOC going on for the mid-level tournaments; you can imagine how that might complicate things when the console needs to be pre-authorized per day, and tied to a specific game(or multiple games).

Also I'd add that streams are often pretty separate from the rest of the event and often not even handled by the TOs, except when the event is really big. These are events where you're lucky if they can accurately update the brackets to the viewers.

Kintaco

Looks a lot better on the stream than it did at the conference to me. Still not liking Jago, but it sure looks like KI!

Corsick

Game looks really fun and the particle effects are actually pretty good. Hope it somehow, someway comes to PS4. Give this game a chance if you get an Xbone.

EDIT: Also, sounds like it's in great hands. Didn't know there were so many FG enthusiasts at DoubleHelix and how much they were inspired by other fighting games. Maybe no Rare was the right thing to do.

Well people that were good at the old KI games knew game breaking infinites and stuff. Having a solid game is better for everyone.

Top Bottom