• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Stream on MadCatz TV

Thermite

Can we get a source for this clarification?

The developers explain what models there are going to be in the Gamespot demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVuO03LKAQ. It sounds like there's going to be some type of special edition, the regular retail version, and then a free to play version where you only have Jago to play and then you can purchase other characters/modes for that character if you choose to.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

kick51

Banned
Not sure, but if it is a problem they do have time to get it fixed. Your probably right though and it's not that bad of a problem.

Animations have to finish and the receiver has to go through hit stun or block stun, that's just how it is. Everything in fighting games is animation frame dependent and that animation frame data has to be reliable or the game would quickly get way too complex and weird. If limbs bounced off and physical space was more realistic, fighting games would be about 1/20th as fun :)

Dai101

Banned
UUUUULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

COOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.la1n

Looks pretty fun in the stream. The character models grew on me as I watched, it's not like the old designs were the pinnacle of innovation. Mechanics look fairly solid.

drbond

Neo Member
Got a chance to finally play Killer Instinct for Xbox One at E3 .

Like many, I was skeptical about Killer Instinct (let alone any game) being developed by Double Helix. Double Helix is the developer of bargain-bin gems like Battleship The Video Game, and current gen console versions of GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. Yea...

Happy to report that the game is a very fun and accesible take on KI. Chaining combos is relatively easy, and feels good to play overall. The new hard-rock remix of the classic KI theme is catchy too. Did they get the same person for announcer too? Sounds awesome! According to the designer of the game, expect another character (right now its only Jago, Sabrewulf, and Glacius) to be announced at EVO. Not sure if it was mentioned already in this thread, or another.

I almost cried manly tears today at E3, to see not only Ken Lobb (creator of KI and other Rare legendary games) at the KI area, but at that same exact time Ed Boon was hanging out near the demo stations.

Skab

Game looks fun as fuck.

I know people have said they dont like how Jago looks, but I'm fine with it. Of the two characters in game, the only design choice I don't like is the lack of Saberwulfs howling during some of his stuff.

is this a downloadable title or full retail release?

Also they need to fix the announcer he way overdoes it in this game and starts screaming. He doesn't sound as cool as he did in the SNES/n64/arcade version.

is this a downloadable title or full retail release?
It's both. All retail titles will be downloadable next gen.

This will have a free demo that includes Jago + all game modes and you'll be able to buy characters peacemeal or you can get the regular $60 retail disc with everything included

This will have a free demo that includes Jago + all game modes and you'll be able to buy characters peacemeal or you can get the regular $60 retail disc with everything included

ok so it will have a full retail copy its not just an XBLA game?

Also, they keep saying contact the dev team and give feedback but where do we go to tell them what we want?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Actually, they said in the stream with Gamespot that it's a download-only title. I know there are boxes up for pre-orders appearing online, but these seem to be incorrect.

The full "all in" purchase is still an option though. They also plan to offer special smaller character packs, and sell bundles at a discount, it seems.

He referred to the first full game set of characters as a "Season" once, and Filthie kept talking about wanting to support the game for years to come, so additional DLC of characters, after the initial batch, seems likely.

I played a massive amount of KI back in the day (and long after it died out), and this game has kept quite a bit of it faithful. Nice. I still hate wolf's design, but oh well.

cant wait for this. Im so glad we are actually getting a next gen full fledged fighting game at launch for the XB1. Hope we get to see some fatalities soon.

ShogunX

Sabrewulf looks a lot of fun to play and that guy just got smashed hard on the Twitch stream with an Ultra. Looks very promising so far and it's nice to see all of the fears and tears about Double Helix developing pretty much evaporate with hands on impressions.

royalan

Game looks really good. Much better than I thought.

Funny watching the guys in the stream try to play it like Street Fighter and getting owned, though.

Izick

This game looks so awesome! I think the free demo version of the game is a fucking awesome idea. I was worried when they said F2P, but they're basically opening up the game to everyone for free (besides the price of Gold), and giving them a taste of what the game is about.

Damn, I really like the X1's line-up (so far) of exclusives more than what I'm seeing on the PS4, but the PS4 has that price and the policy advantage for me, not to mention better hardware.

Top Bottom