• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 3 announced

Fucking finally! I got all the trophies in KF2 with a friend but they kept adding the dlc collectibles for new years a s every time they did, we reinstalled the game just for that. Lol. Finally!!! Looks sick.

An unexpected surprise! I'm really looking forward to this, as me and my friends had an absolute blast on KF2. The trailer was exceptionally gory which Ieft me yurning for more content. I hope more footage is released soon as from what I briefly viewed of the in-game footage it looked awesome.

VN1X

Banned
Really hope it runs on the same engine. They already did wonders with UE3 so I'm hoping they just iterate on that.

Fuck.

Well then we can only hope they know their way around that awful fuckin' thing.
What is wrong with UE5? lol. You wanted a sequel that would still utilize an ancient engine? UE5 is amazing. Just because some games do not have good performance doesn't mean the engine is bad, it means that whoever is doing the optimization and programming doesn't know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to optimizing.

and I am pretty positive Tripwire knows what they are doing with UE5. They have a ton of experience already with UE3 and as far as I am concerned, they never had issues with optimizing their titles. A lot of the optimization work depends on the skill and the knowledge of the developer.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Cyst reveal:

Get your foreskin memes in while they're hot! :nougat_rofl:

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

MarkyG

I think official support finished last Halloween. There's been the odd QoL update here and there but nothing significant. Good! Means they can focus on this monstrosity.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I played killing floor almost religiously, maxing out all the classes, I was also one of like 10 people to have "The Ball" Indiana Jones rip off preorder character.

I preordered killing floor 2 and enjoyed several months, they then announced lootboxes and i immediately dropped it to never play again.

I hope at least with this game and the newly revealed Dicklet character that they stay the fuck away from that shit monetisation.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I played killing floor almost religiously, maxing out all the classes, I was also one of like 10 people to have "The Ball" Indiana Jones rip off preorder character.

I preordered killing floor 2 and enjoyed several months, they then announced lootboxes and i immediately dropped it to never play again.

I hope at least with this game and the newly revealed Dicklet character that they stay the fuck away from that shit monetisation.

As much as I wish otherwise, I think it's quite likely KF3 will also have microtransactions like that.

Neon Xenon

Cyst reveal:

Get your foreskin memes in while they're hot! :nougat_rofl:

Man, the Cyst seems like a real dickhead.

Microtransactions are my main worry with a Killing Floor 3. I would like to think that it's going to, at the very least, kept to a reasonable minimum (to cosmetics), but the past few years have taught me to be on guard. Still interested in Killing Floor 3, for now.

Tripwire did talk about the monetization a while back, focusing on cosmetics. Hopefully they stick with that.

Last edited:

Crownttano

I'm ready to stand in the middle of enemies with fire bug flame thrower and spin my camera around at 100% sensitivity burning every fook

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
kf2 was sick but the way fps sequels are turning out (see dying light 2 shadow warrior 3, etc) and looking at general gaming trends, it will pander to console users and the gameplay will just play itself

Last good fps I played was prodeus and doom eternal , makes me sad . Titanfall 2?

Last edited:
Top Bottom