• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone developer comment on PS3 ease of development!

Gattsu25

Banned
IVYLancets said:
Doubtful. Likely, it doesn't matter now because people are tired of talking about it.
Or, they had more experience, *documentation*, and better tools than they had back when everyone was complaining?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mrbob said:
Epic already has UT 2007 running at 50FPS on incomplete PS3 hardware.
57FPS, AFAIK ;)

But that again by itself doesn't give whole information. Is there any FSAA, AF, etc, etc...

Wakune said:
Did they simplify this or is it just me? The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pics look off compared to what i remembered

There were 2 trailers released and in each Dante was in a different location. That scenes from one, this is from the other.

devil-may-cry-4-20050917055152411.jpg

Personally I think this is a big reason why Sony went with Nvidia rather than what may have been originally an entirely CELL-only design.

The Nvidia GPU will let just about any dev get a game up and running probably much easier than the PS2 allowed, that was an entirely different architecture from the ground up.

Then the CELL is there ... which I think early devs will probably tap into to varying degrees.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
soundwave05 said:
Personally I think this is a big reason why Sony went with Nvidia rather than what may have been originally an entirely CELL-only design.

The Nvidia GPU will let just about any dev get a game up and running probably much easier than the PS2 allowed, that was an entirely different architecture from the ground up.

Then the CELL is there ... which I think early devs will probably tap into to varying degrees.

As important (if not more important) than that is Sony having access to CG and other mature nVidia development tools......nVidia is actually very strong in this area, no to mention they have tons of ex-SGI employees too....access to that knowledgebase has to count for something too :)

Too bad these lame websites like 1up, IGN and CVG have forced him to stop posting:

Ok, from now on I will no longer answer any questions related to PS3 or future titles. I am being quoted on strange technology articles and games websites all around the world and I am getting fed up with my words being twisted and me being misquoted.

Assholes.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Too bad these lame websites like 1up, IGN and CVG have forced him to stop posting:

Assholes.

Son of a bitch! I guess this is over KZL, he mentioned there would be big news coming about Killzone soon and everyone jumped on it and thought it was about KZ PS3 while forgetting they also had a PSP KZ.

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Assholes.

Damn it! How long will we have to wait now? The wait is absolutely killing me! I WANT PS3 NEWS!

element

anything is easier then PS2.

Many PS2 devs are having a blast because many restrictions when working on the PS2 aren't around anymore.

Im kinda surprised the Ninja Theory guys still hang out at B3D. Any ridiculously innocent and/or out of context comment they post somehow ends up as the official "State of the Address" for PS3 development. This is why media blackouts suck on the internet.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Im kinda surprised the Ninja Theory guys still hang out at B3D. Any ridiculously innocent and/or out of context comment they post somehow ends up as the official "State of the Address" for PS3 development. This is why media blackouts suck on the internet.

Yah but they have the benefit of not being quoted on several websites after they say something. It's just mainly staying on message boards with them. With Guerrilla it seems like anything they say is quickly picked up and posted on websites. It sucks since if you've read the official Killzone board the staff does the best they can to answer any question asked, including stuff about the PS3 and KZ PS3.

Raistlin

Lukkas said:
IMO both 360 and PS3 should have stuck closer to PC parts. It wouldnt get easier than that for devs really. Nothing wrong with a mini pc as a console, look at Xbox. It was nearly maxed out with first gen titles (DOA, Rallisport, Halo).

I think most people would agree that the majority of great titles for consoles have historically come from console-only development houses (many of which are Japanese).

The PC environment and tools wouldn't really help them all that much since they aren't familar with it, nor do they have in-house engines.

Top Bottom