• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall: 2 Free Maps Out Today

BigDug13

Okay, I give the fuck up, if nobody wants to even actually read what I've said then fine.

The conversation you want to have isn't worth having. You're attempting to do armchair developer resource management without any clue how the company is arranged and how their resources are divided. They promised free maps and they are delivering on their promise. You want them to back out of their promise due to not enough people playing even though that would upset the few people who are actually playing. It also would hurt the amount of maps available if the game ever became PS+ freebie where the community would possibly become healthy again.

Did you applauded Titanfall shutting down game modes that had unhealthy populations?

Will definitely jump back in at some point soon.

I played for a spell when the last pack came out and was pleasantly surprised to find some really amazing matches - tense, close matches with a lot of teamwork. For all of its faults its still been my favorite competitive game on the current gen consoles.

Sciortino

LOL I can see why you'd think that. Sorry, haha.

I'd be quite happy with that though, loved the first one. MP and campaign was different and refreshing.

Play Warzone. TDM is where the spawn camp fest is.

Campaign was pure eye candy and thats what I loved about it. MP had my attention for quite a bit but its been awhile since I went back to it. Is it still alive and kicking?

The conversation you want to have isn't worth having. You're attempting to do armchair developer resource management without any clue how the company is arranged and how their resources are divided. They promised free maps and they are delivering on their promise. You want them to back out of their promise due to not enough people playing even though that would upset the few people who are actually playing. It also would hurt the amount of maps available if the game ever became PS+ freebie where the community would possibly become healthy again.

Did you applauded Titanfall shutting down game modes that had unhealthy populations?

Holy shit, no I don't, I never said that. Seriously READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID. I said I WONDER why they bother with something that seems like a waste of money. I never said that they need to stop or anything, I just said I WONDER why they bother.
God Damn.

BigDug13

Holy shit, no I don't, I never said that. Seriously READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID. I said I WONDER why they bother with something that seems like a waste of money. I never said that they need to stop or anything, I just said I WONDER why they bother.
God Damn.

You didn't really say "I wonder", you started with "I gotta wonder" which comes off as "I already know better than them what is best and I gotta wonder why they aren't doing it". Then you went on to emphatically try to say its a pointless effort.

Don't try to dial it back now to attempt to make it sound like innocent thoughts.

If that was not your intent, then I apologize, but your opening statement didn't sound as benign as you are trying to make it sound now.

You came into a thread about free maps to be an early post talking shit about it and your comments got jumped on. Intent is not always translated well into text form and it came off as trolling.

Navy Bean

God Damn.
To be honest, I thought the same thing as you. I just didn't type it...lol. I played the multiplayer for a month or two and thought it was decent. Nothing special, nothing terrible, but I had some fun.

You didn't really say "I wonder", you started with "I gotta wonder" which comes off as "I already know better than them what is best and I gotta wonder why they aren't doing it". Then you went on to emphatically try to say its a pointless effort.

Don't try to dial it back now to attempt to make it sound like innocent thoughts.

If that was not your intent, then I apologize, but your opening statement didn't sound as benign as you are trying to make it sound now.

Yes, please, tell me what I meant by my post. Obviously I have no idea what I meant, but you? Oh you know.
I never dialed anything back, all I did was try to better explain myself to the many people who apparently didn't understand my post, but if you want to tell me I'm wrong and that I was trying to shit talk the game and the developer or playing armchair developer, that's cool. I never even said anything bad about them, all I fucking said was that I wonder why they are still doing DLC.

Sayad

I really gotta wonder why they bother with any free DLC for this game. I understand the paid DLC because they made a season pass, but they get nothing from doing free DLC since no one even plays the game anymore.
They might have other plans for the multiplayer, like turning it f2p or something.

They might have other plans for the multiplayer, like turning it f2p or something.

That would be one reason, but even then wouldn't it be a smarter idea to hold the new maps back until the release of the f2p version so that the new maps would be extra reason for more people to download and play the game? Either way if they do make the multiplayer f2p I hope they don't force people to download all the maps separately. It would only be a minor inconvenience to not pack them in, but it would still be nice for the package to have all the maps there from the get go.

Yes, please, tell me what I meant by my post. Obviously I have no idea what I meant, but you? Oh you know.
I never dialed anything back, all I did was try to better explain myself to the many people who apparently didn't understand my post, but if you want to tell me I'm wrong and that I was trying to shit talk the game and the developer or playing armchair developer, that's cool. I never even said anything bad about them, all I fucking said was that I wonder why they are still doing DLC.

When you say "I wonder why" it implies (whether you want it to or not) you know the correct course of action, but don't have courage to come out and say it. Hence the comments

Every time i try to play this MP it's just spawntrap mania deluxe 2k14.
Don't play Team Deathmatch. That's not Killzone. Warzone or Warzone extended is what you want. Spawn camping can still happen but there are several ways of fighting it. But if my team is completely hosted and just running into death like lemmings I just back out of the game. Haven't had to do that in a good while though.

I really gotta wonder why they bother with any free DLC for this game.
Hopefully because of this:

I am having an internal debate about picking this game up or not.
Speaking for myself I'd look at free DLC as an invitation to jump into a game I might have passed up at release. And if anything, games that announce their premium DLC map packs continue to justify the choice of avoiding them.

Jamesways

ArchedThunder, why do you hate free things?

I'm kidding, I get your point. Why would they indeed? But I'm sure glad they still do!

I recently got a ps4 a month and a half ago and am loving Killzone. Most fun I've had in MP in a long time. And true, the user base isn't nearly as big as it was at release, but there's still plenty of people playing extended warzones, that's for sure. I get into matches very quickly every night.

Now Intersect however... that already seems dead. It's tough sometimes to get a full room of 4.

I find this to much more varied and fun than COD personally. Love the strategy and changes in flow the abilities add, creates much more diversity in the gameplay. And the Insurgent class is fun twist too.

But new maps, hell yeah!

I'll still experiment with botzone games, and that alone will keep me busy after the bulk of the online community moves on.

All I know is whenever I boot up this game to play online, I am able to quickly find a full match to play in with no waiting so I can't agree with your sentiments that it is dead.

I tried playing a few games a month ago and I couldn't get a full game and there were about 600 people online. That's dead. It's a shame because I really enjoyed my short time with the multiplayer.

jgf

I really gotta wonder why they bother with any free DLC for this game. I understand the paid DLC because they made a season pass, but they get nothing from doing free DLC since no one even plays the game anymore.

EDIT: Because people don't want to actually bother to think about what I said and instead would rather call me a troll or say I am complaining about free DLC I feel the need to put this edit here. I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE DLC, I'm not even complaining. All I said is I wonder why they bother with any DLC, especially free DLC, beyond the season pass when the online community is dead.

Its not dead. It's the go-to shooter for PS4 in our online group that meets once a week. We always found games without any problems so far. But again, maybe dead means something completely different to you,

Might check this out tonight to hold me over until Destiny Beta is back. Screw all the haters I liked Killzone: SF. It's not perfect but it's a damn fine game.

Now Intersect however... that already seems dead. It's tough sometimes to get a full room of 4.
It was doing OK until the Destiny Beta hit and then whammo. Ghost town ;p

On the first day of the Destiny Beta I wanted to start off with some Killzone co-op first and there were a grand total of 22 players on the US West server(s). Twenty-two.

Being premium DLC and having just the one game mode hurts it, but its great fun to play when you have at least 3 players (friends or pickup group).

If you're playing TDM in Killzone, you aren't doing it right.
Can't stress this enough. Killzone is not tuned for deathmatch and that mode is all about who can spawn camp the other team first. Fair warning anyway.

Killzone has TDM?

Honestly I don't know why people would play Killzone and opt out of its most innovative multiplayer feature. That being the rotating objectives within a single match.

MMaRsu

Banned
I have played plenty of TDM matches that dont result in spawn camping and I love it. Warxone is cool too, but objectices with randoms doesnt always work.

Jamesways

It was doing OK until the Destiny Beta hit and then whammo. Ghost town ;p

On the first day of the Destiny Beta I wanted to start off with some Killzone co-op first and there were a grand total of 22 players on the US West server(s). Twenty-two.

Being premium DLC and having just the one game mode hurts it, but its great fun to play when you have at least 3 players (friends or pickup group).

Yeah, lately when I've checked it's been 19 players, then 13 or less on the US server I'm on. Bummer. It should get a bolster in numbers when it comes as a standalone.

Campaign was pure eye candy and thats what I loved about it. MP had my attention for quite a bit but its been awhile since I went back to it. Is it still alive and kicking?

The numbers aren't big but you'll never have any problems finding full matches, that's for sure.

Mooreberg

Does this ever have more than 1000 concurrent players? It had about that much when I hit one million points and stopped playing.

Massa

No, I'm saying why bother with any DLC beyond the DLC that they absolutely have to make because they already charged people for a season pass. Something like 800 people still play the game, supporting the game beyond the season pass is a waste of money on their part.

Sorry this is ridiculous. If 800 people are playing the game at a given time that doesn't mean that they're the ones that ever play it. Last night when I played FIFA on PS3 there were less than 3k people playing, and that's one of the most popular games on PSN.

It was added shortly after release because so much of the playerbase asked for it.

I'm pretty sure its been the most popular warzone since it launched too, which is a bummer since it ditches nearly everything that makes Killzone unique.

These days I often see more people playing the Extended Warzone, which is good since that's my favorite.

It's good having a TDM warzone though, it filters out people who really don't care about the objectives.

Allforce

The numbers aren't big but you'll never have any problems finding full matches, that's for sure.

Exactly. I don't play often but when I fire it up I'm in a full match within seconds. "Dead" would mean you absolutely could not play multiplayer due to no other players being available.

Dial back the hyperbole people, it's embarrassing.

MADGAME

Love Warzone/WZ Extended and Co-op mode. Pleasant surprise here, looking forward to exploring the new maps tonight.

Is this a game update that'll install on its own or do you have to add them in-game or through the store?

I forget how I got the last batch of maps.

ICPEE

God Damn.
Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

Is this a game update that'll install on its own or do you have to add them in-game or through the store?

I forget how I got the last batch of maps.

Last time it was automatic, this time around it doesn't seem to be the case. Just checked the store and it's there. I'll update the OP.

Top Bottom