• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall Review Thread

I laughed at the Eurogamer quotes about Killzone 1, considering they absolutely shit over that game back when it first came out. Gave it 5/10 I believe. Speaking of which, who didn't see the Polygon review coming a mile off?

Anyways, was expecting mostly 8s for Shadow Fall and that seems to be the most common score so far. Sounding good :)

Never been so sure of my Xbox preorder now..

Gun be gud when the Xbone reviews start appearing :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not surprised Killzone has always been a franchise that doesn't live up to it's potential.

Lime

I'm glad that reviewers are being critical for once, especially on story elements. I just wish they'd do it across the board on all games.

original.png

PNG no compression i guess?

Also:

ku-xlarge.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
sounds good to me. Tactical shooter, multiple ways to approach each fight - thats all good. Bottling it at the end doesn't sound good but lets hope they get more time with shadowfall 2

Freeman

Banned
Polygon, how can they do this with a straight face? They should be banned from metacritics.

To bad they don't have someone like Jeff Gerstmann to blow this shit up.

Hexa

lol @ Kotaku and Polygon. Reviews aren't worth shit.

Eurogamer and Gamespot though. Hmmmm...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So how come this is the only competitive FPS reviewed on the SP portion alone? Why is barely anyone talking about the MP?

Are there spoilers in these reviews? Be nice to know this before I start checking them out. It would be awesome if a spoiler tag could be added beside each review. :)

Zia

The Polygon and Eurogamer scores are about what I expected. An Edge 6 is right around the corner, surely. Sony needs to stop funding Guerilla's tripe.

Daffy Duck

What do you expect?

It's a Killzone game, of the previous three games I have played, I have enjoyed none of them. This just another Killzone game sprinkled with some launch title glitter, and the scarcity of other games at launch has built the hype about this one.

AssaTM

Is this the part where people justifiably point out that 1080p really doesnt make a good game it turns out? (not that it's bad, just that it isnt the next gen of shooters) still good reviews if it's hovering around a 7/8 of course :)

What did COD get from Polygon?

I do not read reviews for my ability to decipher how good games would be for me, but something about a 5 sounds just well...

Empty

the eurogamer review is very well written. it made me excited for the game despite the issues it articulates. it's a shame if the non-linearity is only in a few parts of the game like it suggests though.

Z3M0G

Jesus... the Vita game was brilliant, but just short. I was hoping for a longer but similar campaign here.

If it is, I'll be very happy regardless...

Edit: From the IGN review, that's exactly what it sounds like. Vita campaign style with double the length. I'm stoked!

IvorB

These reviews in general are meaningless but Eurogamer reviews are some of the worst in the business. I really wouldn't put much stock in anything they say.

Izayoi

Banned
So how come this is the only competitive FPS reviewed on the SP portion alone? Why is barely anyone talking about the MP?
Sounds like most of them only played a couple hours of MP, but completed the campaign. So there's that...

By the way, 12-15 hour campaign? Was not expecting that.

Top Bottom