• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadowfall / 1080p/60fps Multiplayer & Campaign

JP

I read this after following the link to the Sniper Multiplayer video that's already on here, I'be not seen this mentioned though and I'm almost 100% convinced that it's just bee nworded badly. I apologise if it has already been discussed but I've searched and I can't find any mention of it in the 8 bazillion Killzone: Shadowfall threads.

Sid Shuman (SCEA Social Manager) said:
Then there’s the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game’s campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps. Supporting up to 24 players across a variety of play modes, Shadow Fall’s multiplayer combat feels more agile and responsive than its predecessor thanks to DualShock 4′s many refinements and, well, dat framerate.

PlayStation Blog (2nd November)

Eggbok

I need to see the receipts.

23krurn.jpg

Ehhh, either an error or they're just saying "60fps" because the campaign may technically hit 60 when you're looking at the wall of this specific corridor.

I want to believe, but don't.

Tratorn

It was mentioned in the Sniper-Thread. But yeah, it's probably misinformation.

KZ is 60FPS in MP and unlocked 30FPS in SP. Most of the time its on ~40FPS iirc.

People mentioned in another thread that it was written in error. KZ:SF is unlocked in SP mode and can reach 60fps but the average I've heard is around 40fps.

JP

Well I don't see how it can be right, I think he's actually referring to the 1080p but he hasn't worded it very well.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/96034/A+new+Killzone+for+a+new+generation/

The singleplayer campaign of Killzone: Shadow Fall is rendered in a native 1920x1080p resolution with framerates ranging between 35 and 40 frames per second. The resolution of the textures are 15 times as high as in Killzone 3 and the game is stocked full of gorgeous systems for volumentric lighting and particles. The multiplayer is rendered in the same resolution with 60 frames per second as Guerrilla hope to compete with Call of Duty.

Edit- IIRC, I read somewhere that the director or someone at Guerilla said that frames could drop in MP if everyone threw a grenade at the same time and the effects get really hectic, but would aim to be 60 frames in less intensive situations.

Double Edit- http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/killz...60fps_killzone_shadow_fall_multiplayer_2.html

"We're running 60fps," the studio said of the Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer. "However, the game may drop a few frames in extreme situations – when there are a lot of GPU-intensive things going on at once. Guaranteeing a constant 60fps under such circumstances would've required undesired concessions.

"We wanted to make sure Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer would present a visual spectacle, boasting a stunning level of detail in 1080p at 60fps, while still allowing 24 players and their drones (effectively 48 entities) to take part at once."

The Q&A concluded: "We're very proud of the results – when you move through the maps you'll notice lots of intricate details, from beautiful reflective surfaces to individually moving leaves on the foliage."

If you're 100% sure it was worded incorrectly, why is that concern not addressed in the thread title? This wouldn't be the first time in recorded history a company got something wrong about its own product on a public forum.

Thread title should either be edited to reflect this, or thread should be locked. We already have confirmation from the game director that the SP has a variable frame rate. Its gone gold. So that won't be changing unless via an update, ehich is extremely unlikely.

Edit: there you go. Nothing to see here.

Tripolygon

Banned
There is no mistake in that blog post, you are just reading it wrong.

The campaign is introduced as running at native 1080p, unspecified FPS, while the Multiplayer runs at that same 1080p as single player and 60fps.

Put it in context and it sounds like he is saying "we didn't have to reduce the resolution and scale down the single player aspect to get it to run at 60fps and still maintain that sharp 1080 resolution of the campaign"

Top Bottom