• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kind of hate guys on XBL who talk and talk....

My friend is playing PGR3 and I'm wishing I brought a headset from home to tell this ****er on the other end that he sucks. I really don't need to hear how many times you can swear in a sentence and asking everyone their a/s/l or give advice. Why can't they just play the game and use speech for strategy or you know... something reasonable.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
13 year old kid wearing his mom's panties said:
DOOD SHUT THE **** UP YOU NIGGER FAG!!! YOU ****ING SUCK AT THIS GAME YOU ****ING FAG... WAIT, I AM SOOOO RIPPED, I NEED TO SMOKE A BOWL. <cough> <cough> OK FAG, I AM BACK TO KICK YOUR ****ING ASS HOMONIGFAGGOTBOT

Yeah, I hate listening to people on live too.

Favre4435 said:
:lol I hope we can do this over Wii. Ps3 will be labelled the Kiddie lol. Especially with its Yu-Gi-Oh online card halogram shit.

Kevtones

*** ***** mother****** I kicked your ******* *** ****** ***** folds **** ******* micro*****

IMO it never gets old, I love responding to it

shpankey

not an idiot
DarknessTear said:
So can you mute voice chat or do you have to mute the sound?
both.

but like was pointed out, you can mute individual players, all players, yourself, or any combo therein. and no, this does not mute the sound, just the people that you chose to mute. you can also leave feedback on these idiots, and also choose to have XBL keep them out of rooms with you [well, basically].

shpankey

not an idiot
if this is the only thing keeping you off Live, then [wants to call you names but refrains].

just use the mute. it takes all of 2 seconds. besides, nobody here ever mentions the positives of voice chat. hell, some of my favorite online times ever is just hanging out, playing some games and kicking the shit with like minded gamers. many times, that's with a bunch of GAF'ers. I agree some of the people on Live are really lame, but there are much, much more cool people and some people are really exaggerating this phenomena greatly. it exists, but it's easily handled [mute] and happens far less than some people would have you believe.

Tommy Gun

shpankey said:
if this is the only thing keeping you off Live, then [wants to call you names but refrains].
If you meant me, then no, I was joking. I have other reasons for not using Live. I'm smart enough to mute, anyway. :)

goldenpp72

I talk a lot depending on the situation, but usually in my own rooms and such, I try not to annoy people aiming for a serious tactical experience.

sprocket

Banned
I hate the people who sing and rap the whole time with their music loud in the background.

You are not cool fellows . I am sorry to be the one to tell ya that .

Odysseus

Banned
shpankey said:

Why? The people on Live really suck the joy out of it. Yeah, mute one, two, two dozen, or everyone, but it just gets tiring after a while. It may be one rotton apple in the bushel, but Xbox Live sucks.

Kevtones said:
*** ***** mother****** I kicked your ******* *** ****** ***** folds **** ******* micro*****

IMO it never gets old, I love responding to it
How?

I found that you can't mute unless you're in the lobby, so we had to wait for the race to finish. I'm aware that you can mute people, I really shouldn't have to though. They don't give out a headset to annoy everyone with.

JB1981

sprocket said:
I hate the people who sing and rap the whole time with their music loud in the background.

You are not cool fellows . I am sorry to be the one to tell ya that .

Now this I've run into. And yes, it's annoying.

Mr. Spinnington said:
How?

I found that you can't mute unless you're in the lobby, so we had to wait for the race to finish. I'm aware that you can mute people, I really shouldn't have to though. They don't give out a headset to annoy everyone with.
You insult them, then they insult you back. This goes on for 10 minutes until some random person comes into the room and calls you both childish. Then you both focus your insults on that guy until he leaves, after it's all said and done you add the original guy to your friendslist. It's the way of XBL.

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:
Why? The people on Live really suck the joy out of it. Yeah, mute one, two, two dozen, or everyone, but it just gets tiring after a while. It may be one rotton apple in the bushel, but Xbox Live sucks.
some of the people, maybe, but not the service.

at any rate - the only game I've played over Live is Halo 2 and usually have a good experience with it. I'd say 90% of my games are with non-screaming/swearing/griefing folks just looking to have fun. not sure where the bad reputation for it comes from.

shpankey

not an idiot
Odysseus said:
if it's that bad for you, you can either try to just play with friends (build up your friends list if you can) or simply not connect the headset at all and just play online without it. and i don't know how you equate a few idiots to the whole of Xbox Live. those people "suck" not XBL.

and i know it's anecdotal and all, but i play on Live all the time and find that, for me, it's actually rare to run into these types, and like I said, in 2 seconds they're muted by all and are a non-issue once again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Favre4435 said:

DOOD SHUT THE **** UP YOU NIGGER FAG!!! YOU ****ING SUCK AT THIS GAME YOU ****ING FAG... WAIT, I AM SOOOO RIPPED, I NEED TO SMOKE A BOWL. <cough> <cough> OK FAG, I AM BACK TO KICK YOUR ****ING ASS HOMONIGFAGGOTBOT

STOP RECORDING ME BITCH!!!!!!

Odysseus

Banned
shpankey said:
if it's that bad for you, you can either try to just play with friends (build up your friends list if you can) or simply not connect the headset at all and just play online without it.

Believe me, that's what it basically has come down to. I'd rather just play with bots. *kicks Halo 2*

I've basically cancelled my Live renewal because I no longer care to hear profanity, trash-talking, or anything else that spews from the mouths of far too many people on Live. It's just not worth it.

shpankey

not an idiot
Odysseus said:
Believe me, that's what it basically has come down to. I'd rather just play with bots. *kicks Halo 2*

I've basically cancelled my Live renewal because I no longer care to hear profanity, trash-talking, or anything else that spews from the mouths of far too many people on Live. It's just not worth it.
you should try to hook up in some of the GAF games. :D we have a blast together, and it's always civil [with lots of humor]. add me to your friends list sometime: shpankE and i'll try to get some games going for us.

Odysseus

Banned
Perhaps, and thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'm going to have the urge to play any of my Live games online before my subscription runs out in November. I only play three games online anyway: Halo 2, Crimson Skies, and Amped 2. My other Live games (Battlefront I and II) , I can play offline. (Bots!) I'm in RPG replay mode now, though.

Top Bottom