• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

N° 2048

Shit, I left Facebook a year ago and it's been the best thing, ever.

I was on there for no reason at all at times.

Choomp

Banned
The Facebook group turned into the same stuff, really dominated my Facebook feed and I realized I enjoyed the other stuff on there more.

MattyG

Banned
Sorry I didn't get the daily post up yesterday, everybody. I woke up vomiting at 6AM and didn't get out of bed until 8AM this morning. I guess I had a 24 hour stomach bug or something, but there's no way I was making it to my computer and I can't do the posts properly from GAF mobile. I'll have it up in a minute.

MattyG

Banned
Colin, you may be in luck yet again. It's looking like your other favorite series may be getting the spiritual successor treatment as well...

Castlevania!

Teaser images said:
iUfLVAS.jpg

2skhMvu.jpg

Original thread from September
New thread

I'm now supporting them on Patreon! Yay! Exclusive monthly videos! Also, Greg, if you're reading this, the January GOG exclusive video seems to be missing.

Edit- I loved the December video. It was fun watching their drive. I think it would be awesome if they do a similar drive to E3 and film the whole trip.

MattyG

Banned
Colin, if you're reading this, there's something I need to tell you. Everytime you guys talk about Star Wars rumors and you mention this, I mean to tweet it at you or something, but I just remembered when I was typing up the daily post.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE FORCE AWAKENS BELOW

When you talk about
Captain Phasma being obsessed with the Sith, I believe you're confusing that with another rumor. Kylo Ren is actually the one who's supposed to be obsessed, and another rumor says that it's because
SECOND RUMOR INCOMING
he's Han and Leia's son. The idea is that he's obsessed with his grandfather and the mythos surrounding him. In addition, he may not really a "true" Sith. Imagine him instead as a Sith fanboy.

This may also be why his lightsaber appears to be wild and crackly, as well as made out of part of Vader's (that last part is speculation based on pictures of the prop from Star Wars celebration, may not be entirely accurate). He tried to use a piece of his idol's weapon to make his own, but didn't have the full skill required to make it perfect.

Colin, if you're reading this, there's something I need to tell you. Everytime you guys talk about Star Wars rumors and you mention this, I mean to tweet it at you or something, but I just remembered when I was typing up the daily post.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE FORCE AWAKENS BELOW

When you talk about
Captain Phasma being obsessed with the Sith, I believe you're confusing that with another rumor. Kylo Ren is actually the one who's supposed to be obsessed, and another rumor says that it's because
SECOND RUMOR INCOMING
he's Han and Leia's son. The idea is that he's obsessed with his grandfather and the mythos surrounding him. In addition, he may not really a "true" Sith. Imagine him instead as a Sith fanboy.

This may also be why his lightsaber appears to be wild and crackly, as well as made out of part of Vader's (that last part is speculation based on pictures of the prop from Star Wars celebration, may not be entirely accurate). He tried to use a piece of his idol's weapon to make his own, but didn't have the full skill required to make it perfect.

Not to mention
he has somewhat a passing resemblance to young Harrison Ford and Daisy Ridley has a passing resemblance to Natalie Portman/Keira Knightly (Keira Knightly if you recall played the decoy queen in The Phantom Menace). I think both actors are playing the children of Han and Leia and are the new trilogy's version of the Expanded Universe's Jaina and Jacen Solo. If I remember correctly, Jacen turns to the Dark Side in the EU.

MattyG

Banned
Not to mention
he has somewhat a passing resemblance to young Harrison Ford and Daisy Ridley has a passing resemblance to Natalie Portman/Keira Knightly (Keira Knightly if you recall played the decoy queen in The Phantom Menace). I think both actors are playing the children of Han and Leia and are the new trilogy's version of the Expanded Universe's Jaina and Jacen Solo. If I remember correctly, Jacen turns to the Dark Side in the EU.
WAIT WHAT? Keira Knightly played Padme's decoy in TPM?!

S4MYFQO.gif

I can't believe I never knew that.

And Rose Byrne was he decoy in AOTC?!?!?!

WAIT WHAT? Keira Knightly played Padme's decoy in TPM?!

S4MYFQO.gif

I can't believe I never knew that.

And Rose Byrne was he decoy in AOTC?!?!?!

Yup and Yup. Keira Knightly was like 13 or 14 during filming (might've been her first role). I remember having a Making of the Phantom Menace book and there was a cast list where it shows that due to her age, one of her parents was required to be there during filming of her scenes. Funnily enough, according to the fiction, she was actually the proper age for the role. Padme was supposed to be 13 or 14 during the events of the Phantom Menace, rather than the 17 or 18 Natalie Portman was in 1999.

Sean Murray himself said No Man's Sky would be releasing this year. I hoped Danny would mention that in response to Colin, but I guess he was unaware.

He cool tho

sora87

I like that Colin said "If you do that again I'm gonna knock you out in real life" during the smash bros LP, I've said those exact same words to friends playing it haha

I would like to see Kristine appear on the GOG show once. Colin seems to like to keep his personal life with Cheryl quite private which I respect, but Greg and Kristine are both pretty public faces (since she works for Playstation) and they are always tweeting back and forth random things.

Karu

The Mewtwo one was... weird. On the one side, they had fun, but on the other... it was fucking terrible, the worst. "Yeah, this totally sucks" Cool. I wanna watch that. Not.

Choomp

Banned
"Kinda funny" is entrenched in the vernacular of me and my friends, so I very often have to stifle a Beyond!-like reaction to people saying it.

I still do the Beyond thing whenever someone says that word and no one understands what I'm doing. Kinda Funny hasn't had the same effect on me yet.

"Kinda funny" is entrenched in the vernacular of me and my friends, so I very often have to stifle a Beyond!-like reaction to people saying it.

You have RL friends who watch them? Mine are so disinterested in podcasts.
As I was like a few months ago

Well I guess they do other content but I mainly like them for their podcasts because they get me through tedious activities.

You have RL friends who watch them? Mine are so disinterested in podcasts.
As I was like a few months ago

Well I guess they do other content but I mainly like them for their podcasts because they get me through tedious activities.

No, I just meant that "kinda funny" is a very common adjective among my friends, so I always have an internal reaction to it.

MattyG

Banned
Hey everybody, just thought I'd drop in and let you all know that I may not have the daily posts up in time for the next week and a half or so. I'm in Florida, so my schedule isn't as predictable as it is when I'm at home.

Hey everybody, just thought I'd drop in and let you all know that I may not have the daily posts up in time for the next week and a half or so. I'm in Florida, so my schedule isn't as predictable as it is when I'm at home.

No worries dude.

watch out for Florida Man

No worries dude.

watch out for Florida Man
The worst superhero (villain?) ever.

Man, it still really bums me out when people hate on Colin. I understand his personality/politics rubbing people the wrong way, but this
well, colin moriarty was never known for his quality writing
is downright ignorant. He is easily one of the most respected writers in the video game industry. In fact, when Danny O'Dwyer was on this week's Gamescast, he called Colin one of the smartest guys in the industry. The quote comes from the Giant Bomb NeoGAF Thread. Right now on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are streaming Castlevania 2 and using GameFAQs Colin's guide. Somebody in the thread called the guide bad and was responded at with the quote from above.

Edit- Apparently it was a joke. At least I assume so, because they replied to me with the Rainier Wolfcastle doing stand-up image.

mdubs

Banned
I was watching the Mewtwo Smash LP and that was hilarious. I saw a lot of the Youtube commenters were complaining about them not playing seriously and being bad at the game, but I thought it was the most entertaining of the Smash LPs. I mean I can watch competitive Smash elsewhere but when I'm watching I want to laugh, so good on them for making that video.

Best moment: Colin going "f this character, and jumping off the stage"

I would love for a history program with Colin. Maybe spend 15-30 minutes a week on a subject.

I would listen to this, I enjoy his history discussions a lot and I'm not even American.

Myggen

15 year old Colin at the end of the Simon's Quest walkthrough he wrote (checked it out after the Giant Bomb guys used it in a video today):

Well... as of the time I'm writing this, I'm just finished up the 11th grade. I live
on Long Island, in New York, about half an hour from New York City. I play ice
hockey, I work at a deli, and I love videogames, especially RPGs. My favorite
series for videogames include the Final Fantasy series (excluding VIII), the Dragon
Warrior/Quest series, the Mega Man series, and the Tales series. I aspire to go to
Northeastern University in the fall of 2002 to study History and Archaeology.

Adorable.

Wha!

2EtZ2nL.png

If anyone is confused, it seems Colin is hosting the reveal of Koji Igarashi's newest game. Koji Igarashi, for those that don't know, was a director on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and was pretty much the keeper of Castlevania until Konami went another direction with Lords of Shadow which was made in Spain and was produced by -redacted- (Oh, Konami...).

Edit- The stream is said to be happening on Monday at 11AM Pacific, which we all know is Colin and Greg Live time. Also, Shuhei Yoshida retweeted one of Igarashi's hints. Could this mean it's a PlayStation exclusive? Coming to Vita, maybe!?

Man, it still really bums me out when people hate on Colin. I understand his personality/politics rubbing people the wrong way, but this

is downright ignorant. He is easily one of the most respected writers in the video game industry. In fact, when Danny O'Dwyer was on this week's Gamescast, he called Colin one of the smartest guys in the industry. The quote comes from the Giant Bomb NeoGAF Thread. Right now on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are streaming Castlevania 2 and using GameFAQs Colin's guide. Somebody in the thread called the guide bad and was responded at with the quote from above.

Edit- Apparently it was a joke. At least I assume so, because they replied to me with the Rainier Wolfcastle doing stand-up image.

I can in fact confirm that it was a joke. You can calm down, now.

That last sentence is also a joke.

In fact, when Danny O'Dwyer was on this week's Gamescast, he called Colin one of the smartest guys in the industry.

Yeah but now people
No Man's Sky Community
are hating on Danny because of the statements he was making at the end of the podcast about NMS not coming out this year. Welp. I've heard "Dummy O'Dwyer" tossed around a few times recently, lol

Myggen

Yeah but now people
No Man's Sky Community
are hating on Danny because of the statements he was making at the end of the podcast about NMS not coming out this year. Welp. I've heard "Dummy O'Dwyer" tossed around a few times recently, lol

People will always find the weirdest reasons to dislike someone.

Yeah I think it has do with the fact that people in the community found him as credible because of all of the coverage he's done on the game in the past, and then in the podcast he says the game isn't releasing this year which goes against Sean Murray's statement that it will hit 2015. So people are kind of riled about that.

N° 2048

People in the No Man's Sky fourms have more to worry about than just a delay.

Like that game most likely being a flop.

Yep. IMO.

Myggen

Yeah I think it has do with the fact that people in the community found him as credible because of all of the coverage he's done on the game in the past, and then in the podcast he says the game isn't releasing this year which goes against Sean Murray's statement that it will hit 2015. So people are kind of riled about that.

It's probably speculation by Danny, but the game being delayed to 2016 wouldn't surprise me at all.

People in the No Man's Sky fourms have more to worry about than just a delay.

Like that game most likely being a flop.

Yep. IMO.

Heck nah it will only be a flop to those people who have no realistic expectations for the game. One thing I can say about the NMS communities is that generally most people are excited because of the hard facts that exist on the game rather than just speculation on what could exist within the game.

Top Bottom