• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kinda sorta late to the party? RE DS & metroid prime hunters

rod

Banned
so i got my ds lite yesterday w00t along with resident evil ds and metroid prime hunters. i had played a little bit of metroid prime hunters on a friends ds and i didnt really like it, but im a big metroid fan so i snapped it up for cheapish and got re ds bundled aswell. not expecting much from either to be honest.

but WOW great purchases. resident evil ds ive played for about 2 hours now and even though ive finished re 1 psx and REmake, its still great. i never had much problems with the control scheme in RE classic, so thats not a problem. the graphics are nice and sharp and im STILL jumping at shit i know is gonna happen :lol the sound is also great too...basically if u liked old RE games i reccomend this highly. i give it 8.5/10

as for hunters, i havent played online yet, but i think the adventure mode is HIGHLY underrated. im loving it so far, actually better than echoes! i think the graphics are a bit overrated tho...theyre nice, but i have to play the ds close to my eyes, and in doing so i see the pixellation pretty badly. but its still a nice-ish looking game.

so yeh both games rock! im gonna go out and get a new ds game today. what to get? ive already got the usual suspects, ouendan, phoenix wright, castlevania, meteos, trauma centre...i know im missing some great games but dont remember whats come out lately

thanks!

rod

Banned
YES thats exactly what i was thinkin while i was playing RE1DS....come on RE 2 DS
and re3 too:p

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I'm in the UK and own Advance Wars, MKDS, Pheonix Wright, Oeundan, Kirby and Meteos. I also got my girlfriend a pink DS with Nintendogs. Yesterday I ordered Sonic Rush and Castlevania (could only find it on ebay by the way).

I'm definately buying MPH, Tetris, NSMB and BT when they come out here and the gf wants Peach. Is there anything else I should get? Whats trauma center like?

rod

Banned
hmm...i may get tetris...what are the play modes like? (ps i love puzzle games generally, hell i played zoo keeper for a total of about 30 hours:lol )

Wink

Can't wait for MP to arrive over here.
As for RE... I'm still not sure if this is a franchise I want to play on DS and no one I know will buy it so I can't try.

Roders5 said:
Is there anything else I should get?

Give Wario Ware Touched! a go, it's still the first game I use to demonstrate the DS ;) (take into account I probably only like it because it was the first game I played that used the TS so good, it was something special).

no one will recommend Yoshi's T&G *cries*

blahness

Wink said:
no one will recommend Yoshi's T&G *cries*

i will! it is a great arcade style game... its a pity that many thought it was going to play otherwise. If you get what the game is about it can be a whole lot of fun

Top Bottom