• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect - $150 / £130 / €150 - Kinect Adventures bundled

Maleficence said:
Some saying about money and sense comes to mind.
bow_wow.jpg

Deadly Cyclone said:
and 1 controller. Does it come with a game?
yes.

FrankT

Seda said:
Didn't know if this was known already, but the date of the 4GB console is confirmed too

Edit: Ah you edited OP

Shocked they are keeping the Wifi in this. That thing should do very well come August. The only thing is they say they are not putting the 250gb stand alone HDD on the market. I mean they got to put some kind of upgrade offer with just 4gb.

$150 ain't cool even with Kinect Adventures. Had it been Dance Central I may have been a bit more forgiving. Still getting it as a gift so I'll take the game at least.

lulz 'official', you watch MS drop the price overnight just before launch day, even after every single retailer in the country prices it at $150

DaBuddaDa said:
For an inferior product, yes.

In our current economic climate, I can't see people going out in droves spending $150 for a peripheral. The only way Microsoft can make this a success is to get the media on its side raving about how new and unique it is so it makes thousands of "must have this christmas!" lists.
4 gb is quite different from the old school arcade. I see this pushing units, the kinect bundle makes a lot of sense for people not into online/traditional gaming, especially with the "free" game.

I mean seriously, the only game that looks even remotely engaging that hasn't been offered somewhere else, and possibly better, is Dance Central. To charge that king of price for the unit alone is ludicrous.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hugbot said:
Was there ever any doubt that it would be?
I know, just need to make things worse in this thread :p

The image of the 360 arcade looks like it's matte but I think that's just how the photo and shop edit was taken.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Honestly, I figured they were in fact bluffing. At least for a while I thought that.

They should take out the game and sell it for less. (I know it doesn't work like that, and the game is a cheap way to value-add, but the number is the problem).

Spasm

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot...
Too lazy to finish.

Black matte 4GB console looks nice though. Maybe I'll wait for the $299 bundle to finally get an S.

Acheteedo

Can't predict whether it'll succeed or not... I mean sure, they've lost the hardcore from day 1, but casual and non-gamers will fork over $300+ if you capture their imaginations.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Awesome. They just officially handed Nintendo the holiday season once again. I'd expect the Wii to drop to $150 sometime before this hits as Nintendo finally stomps on the throat of this generation (DS systems will price drop too). The NPD top 20 for November and December (maybe even October if they do it before then) will include 15 games for Nintendo systems.

This will be the holiday season they put Microsoft and Sony out of their misery for the generation (because new system rumors will start flying next year).

FrankT

Shalashaska161 said:
The standalone price is way too much, but the bundled console price is actually pretty decent.

I think they could end up getting more in homes this holiday just from the bundle than anything heh.

besiktas1

Ok, spin doctor fanbot here :D :
Kinect aimed for multiplayer (2 people) with game, Total = £130

Move for 2 people =
PlayStation Move Motion Controller & Eye Camera = £50
PlayStation Move Navigation Controller X 2 = £50
2nd PlayStation Move Motion Controller = £35
Move Game = £40

Total = £175

Kinect is cheaper *coolface.jpg*

Price expected but fuu- that's expensive :( No buy for me... at least not at launch. Move I'll get at launch though just for one, then add second one later.

Elios83

It's a placeholder price or obviously a fake price to surprise people later with how cheap it is, you don't get anything of market strategies (.cit)......oh wait it's official announcement :lol

Btw there's nothing to say, it's definetly expensive and I don't think many people will upgrade to this outside of the launch window. The Arcade bundle is too expensive for the casuals, but it sounds a good deal for core gamers willing to upgrade to a Slim and to try Kinect (if they can put their old hard drive at no cost).

Edit: LOL you can't even upgrade the drive drive....so they really believe that their core gamers audience will spend 150$ for Kinect.

Majmun

besiktas1 said:
Kinect aimed for multiplayer (2 people) Total = £130

Move for 2 people =
Total = £135

Price expected but fuu- that's expensive :( No buy for me... at least not at launch. Move I'll get at launch though just for one, then add second one later.

Well, PS Move offers cheaper games. So you'll be paying less for Move in the end. :p

besiktas1 said:
Kinect aimed for multiplayer (2 people) with game, Total = £130

Move for 2 people =
Move Game = £40

Total = £175

Nav controller is optional (you can use the DS3 instead), and the Move Controller and Eye Camera bundle already includes a game (Sports Champions). Nice try though!

szaromir

Banned
$299 is a bit steep price of entry, heck they had their "casual SKU" positioned at $199 in 2008 and two years later after hardware revision it's $100 more. I was honestly considering Kinect for Dance Central, it would be a big hit at parties, but at $149 MS can forget about the whole thing.

I was wrong it is matte, says in the text :lol my bad.

Make a 120gig version in white please, I don't want that shitty shine on my console.

Second said:
Well, PS Move offers cheaper games. So you'll be paying less for Move in the end. :p

But with Kinect you're only buying Dance Central and never using it again. You'll probably be buying a few games for the Move as Sony support it with "hardcore" games.

Move is clearly the more expensive option. :D

Top Bottom