• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX Announced for PS3, coming 2014 [up: Trailer]

Would have preferred the PS4 for 1080P and maybe 60 FPS(not sure if that would be possible) but oh well. Will still grab. Is coded a remake or just story bits similar to 358/2?

Edit: Was posting in the thread that mentioned PS3. The hope lives! When is that KH3 footage coming by the way?

LAA

A little weird its PS3 only too with KH3 coming to X1...
Though honestly (And weirdly), KH2 on 360 just doesnt sound right, ha ha, dont think KH3 on X1 sounds right either, so who knows what could happen.

What I really want it on is Vita, though it was always looking unlikely, just would have been really awesome is all... At the very least I hope can can implement Remote play...

Ravage

NICE!!

PS3 is a given, but i hope there's a PS4 version in the works too. Would double dip for sure even with a 6 months delay.

Famassu

I assume Re:Coded will just be a video. What was Re:Coded about?
ReCoded was all about the ending scene that leads straight into KH3D (
Mickey & Yensid figure out the big bad Xehanort is back and they need Sora & Riku to take the Mark of Mastery exam to become Keyblade Masters to learn some 1337 skillzorz so they have a chance of beating him
), explaining what was in the letter that we saw Sora receiving during the ending CGI scene of Kingdom Hearts II. There are other small hints about where the story will go, but those aren't really that important.

From a story POV, it's pretty much the most pointless one of all KHs. A full game for a couple of hints at future events, basically. Though, it was a fun game to actually play.

Thoraxes

If it is well into next year, no reason there shouldn't be a PS4 SKU.

Could be a really small team again who may or may not have experience developing for the platform which will have a fraction of the PS3's install base.

That's a relatively decent reason it wouldn't.

But yeah, I would like it on my PS4 too.

LAA

Hmm interesting, no platform specified... odd.
Please no, dont be saying mobile, please, ha ha!

Wouldnt mind KH2.5 for PS4 at all, closest I could probably get to KH for a while on it, ha ha.

I'm sure this will be PS3 only, but since KH3 is more or less confirmed for PS4 and XBOne I'd bet a small amount of money that there will be an HD Collection Collection for both next gen systems before KH3 releases.

botty

Banned
tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

BBS is the big deal of course.

I could never play it properly on the PSP. My hands just couldn't adjust to trying to control it.

Will be very excited to play it with a DS3.

botty

Banned

No it isn't. The general consensus amongst the Kingdom Hearts community is that Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is the best game in the series in terms of content, gameplay, story
:)
, etc.

BbS is a nice addition, though.

Jeels

Doesn't omtiting DDD scenes kind of destroy the entire point of making prep collections for fans before KH3? It's not like there is going to be a DDD Final Mix for PS3.

Noi

You don't want to play Coded. It's not just a mobile game, it's pre-iPhone.

That's why we're getting re:Coded, the DS game, and not the original Coded. ;D

Though again, I hope the entirety of re:Coded makes it and it doesn't get Days'd. There's literally no point in showing off just the cut-scenes for re:Coded, and the Avatar Kingdom component, if not axe'd outright, could actually benefit from having online play.

LAA

We most probably should be getting them, after KH1.5 adding KH1FM, but KH2FM + BBSFM versions please!

I think Re-Coded will be just a cutscene too, probably, don't really care for Re-Coded much though, whatever they chose would have made me "meh" really.

Jeels

That's why we're getting re:Coded, the DS game, and not the original Coded. ;D

Though again, I hope the entirety of re:Coded makes it and it doesn't get Days'd. There's literally no point in just showing off just the cut-scenes for re:Coded, and the Avatar Kingdom component, if not axe'd outright, could actually benefit from having online play.

Even the DS version of Coded is not that great. It's a pretty janky mess (albeit kind of fun).

It serves its purpose much better just being cut scenes.

But even then, there are maybe 10 minutes of important scenes in that game tops? The entire thing is silly, it should have been DDD scenes in there.

Sandfox

Doesn't omtiting DDD scenes kind of destroy the entire point of making prep collections for fans before KH3? It's not like there is going to be a DDD Final Mix for PS3.

You don't know that.

Its porbably because the game is still pretty newish.

Famassu

No, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is the bigger deal. The gloriousness that is BBS can already be experienced in English by anyone. KHIIFM is such a huge improvement over vanilla KHII that it's the bigger deal here.

botty

Banned

DDD would not be a full game on a console without a touch screen. So it's either omit it or have another movie. Which will only waste time. I need this game now.

Wazzy

Banned
If platform isn't announced then I hope it's going to be on Vita or 3DS.

Either way I'm excited for this.

Hopefully its on PS3 since I wont have my PS4 for a while. Loving 1.5 HD right now. Still surprised that 1.5 didnt come to WiiU(and this one probably wont either sadly) considering Chain of Memories, Re:Coded, 358/2 Days, and the recent one in Dream Drop Distance have all been on Nintendo consoles(or well their handhelds anyway).

Top Bottom