• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Nudull

Banned
Wouldn't Disney want Square to bring in TFA-era Star Wars to promote the new trilogy, though? Chicken Little ended up being a summon in II and Tron Legacy more or less replaced Space Paranoids in 3D for similar reasons, no?

MAtgS

Both Tron & Tron Legacy were meant to be in 3D. Sora would go to 1 & Riku to the other. Space Paranoids was probably just cut for time.

You already fight Xemnas and that guy has two lightsabers and is far more agile. Vader should be a breeze.
Might as well say they shouldn't have any Disney bosses because they always get upstaged.

zeemumu

Xemnas doesn't have the Force.

True but he does have this

Sora%2B4.gif

Kylo Ren only held one laser in place

And he shoots lightning at you in KH1 Final Mix

And he throws buildings at you in KH 2

KLQ1RU.gif

UNILMITED POOOOOWAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

Tsunamo

I definately agree with Frank that the Death Star in episode IV would probably be the optimal Star Wars world for the game, just feels like it'd fit really well.
Though my ideal world would be The Clone Wars show and fighting along Asoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan but that'll never happen. Rebels would probably be a bit of a better fit if they went that route anyway.
Sort of? Castle of Dreams isn't even in the game yet, so unless they start doing monthly updates to get the content out, I don't think they'll finish the story. Not really.
I wonder if they would skip it due to time constraints. They only mentioned Agrabahs story finishing and the storys conclusion in the blogpost, but I suppose that would leave a bit of a plothole if it winds up in Unchained but not Chi.

Then again though, that Daybreak Town story update felt like we were really really skimming it close to the end in terms of mainstory, so perhaps they'll only do one or two Daybreak Town story updates and make the rest finishing up the rest of the disney worlds.

And they've been pretty consistent the past few months with monthly story content, so i'm not too worried on that front. But yeah I guess it probably wont end until September upon rethinking it.
Both Tron & Tron Legacy were meant to be in 3D. Sora would go to 1 & Riku to the other. Space Paranoids was probably just cut for time.
I'm still extremely happy that they gave Sora a chance to be in Legacy this time around. The Sora/Rinzler dynamic and Sora trying to get through to him was way more enjoyable to me than how it worked out in Legacy personally. (plus I prefered how the Legacy world looked over Space Paranoids) Probably one of my favorite worlds on DDD.

But yeah going by how Tron was supposed to be in DDD I don't think world choices are based on the most recent ones, as much as what the teams want to do and think fits in well with the game and Disney allows them that creative freedom.
Well now we know how Chi and Unchained lore differ. The former ends up in apocalypse.
That's basically how it's looking.

If they do go that route i'd love it if they actually made it playable in-game in some form with everyone fighting eachother,
Especially with it seeming like the player in Chi is most likely gonna stay behind to see it through to the end rather than carryover into the 'outside world'
similar to how some MMO's have done when they end of their service/run.

Kinsei

Banned

Interesting. I'm happy they ended up cutting Space Paranoids (despite loving it in KHII) since I really enjoyed both character in The Grid. Now if only they could have cut Monstro and had Riku visit Pleasure Island too (with Honest John as the boss).

Zaverious

Sora and Riku were going to go to Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 respectively as well. It would have been interesting. Just reading back on cut content and ideas have been pretty cool. I want to see the King skyscraper boss realized in some way in this series. It looks so ridiculous, I love it. Also I would like to see more Nobody bosses in the series like Twilight Thorn. I've felt disappointed in that regard as I've found Twilight Thorn to be very interesting in his design and movements. Organization XIII is cool and all but more boss monsters would be great.

Kinsei

Banned
Sora and Riku were going to go to Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 respectively as well. It would have been interesting. Just reading back on cut content and ideas have been pretty cool. I want to see the King skyscraper boss realized in some way in this series. It looks so ridiculous, I love it. Also I would like to see more Nobody bosses in the series like Twilight Thorn. I've felt disappointed in that regard as I've found Twilight Thorn to be very interesting in his design and movements. Organization XIII is cool and all but more boss monsters would be great.

I agree. While Grim Reaper and Groundshaker are fun, I would have preferred to see nobodies in their place. I like Storm Rider though as I like to think that the dragon from the final boss is it's nobody.

Fantasia 2000 would have been cool. I wonder if we'll see it (and the untitled Jungle Book world) in a future game like with Pranksters Paradise in 3D and Pride Lands in II.

Tsunamo

Are they on par with [chi] now, or is that still the farthest in terms of story content?
Not sure how far into Beasts Castle they are (but that was covered fairly quickly in Chi) but when beasts castle ends there's about 2 daybreak town story updates before it is up to Chi so they're cutting it pretty close.

With that said though i'm not sure how frequent Unchained updates/how many missions it updates with usually having not followed the Japanese version since launch and only recently getting into it again, but it seems to be on mission 475 at the moment going by the Chi X Wiki.
Fantasia 2000 would have been cool. I wonder if we'll see it (and the untitled Jungle Book world) in a future game like with Pranksters Paradise in 3D and Pride Lands in II.
I feel like we might see it but in a different form if it happens and they'll go for the liveaction Junglebook because that would fit in more with KH's artstyle now. Yeah, there always seems to be a world that turnsup later that they wanted to/were going to use in earlier games. Another world we have that has history is a Toy Story one, Pizza Planet (at least I think it was pizza planet) was included on the list of world drawing concepts and then we have Buzz and Woody being unfinished summons on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.

Malyse

Now that we have unchained, have your feelings on KH multiplayer changed? To be more specific, imagine the game is set up like a cross between Monster Hunter and Unchained: mission based structure but with a co-op component to it. You still have custom characters, avatar boards with nodes, lux, etc. The combat shifts to more like BBS or 3D. You still pick up abilities at random. You still level keyblades and abilities. Raid bosses are still triggered by defeating a certain number of heartless. Only real differences is that you are using realtime action combat and that you can go on missions with other players. Yay or nay?

zeemumu

Maybe. I've been fighting the raid bosses on my own because I'm impatient. 358/2 and this show that they could make a decent multiplayer

Malyse

Maybe. I've been fighting the raid bosses on my own because I'm impatient. 358/2 and this show that they could make a decent multiplayer
My raid bosses are level 40. I *can not* beat them on my own. Hell, we have to plan when I pull bosses now because of how hard they are.

Psxphile

My raid bosses are level 40. I *can not* beat them on my own. Hell, we have to plan when I pull bosses now because of how hard they are.

They are starting to get annoyingly difficult to off in one try. Though you don't really seem to lose anything if you lose, and the first fight is (AP) free. Do as much damage as you can before you get wiped, and then wait for someone else to finish it off. You'll still be awarded XP and medals if you did well enough. I imagine you'd be forced to wait the 7-8 minutes for it to go away if you're not in a party, though... or just stomache the AP loss and fight it again. If you level up afterwards, you'll get your AP back.

zeemumu

They are starting to get annoyingly difficult to off in one try. Though you don't really seem to lose anything if you lose, and the first fight is (AP) free. Do as much damage as you can before you get wiped, and then wait for someone else to finish it off. You'll still be awarded XP and medals if you did well enough. I imagine you'd be forced to wait the 7-8 minutes for it to go away if you're not in a party, though... or just stomache the AP loss and fight it again. If you level up afterwards, you'll get your AP back.

Pretty much. I go for the stun to buy me time and do as much damage as possible before I die. AP isn't much of an issue for me.

Kinsei

Banned
Now that we have unchained, have your feelings on KH multiplayer changed? To be more specific, imagine the game is set up like a cross between Monster Hunter and Unchained: mission based structure but with a co-op component to it. You still have custom characters, avatar boards with nodes, lux, etc. The combat shifts to more like BBS or 3D. You still pick up abilities at random. You still level keyblades and abilities. Raid bosses are still triggered by defeating a certain number of heartless. Only real differences is that you are using realtime action combat and that you can go on missions with other players. Yay or nay?

Yay. I'd definitely give that a shot.

Famassu

BBS & Days already did mission based multiplayer in KH (and both did it better than Unchained), not sure why Unchained would change any opinions.

And as of mission 127, there's nothing I'd want any future KH to copy from Unchained, except maybe switchable outfits & maybe some kind of version of Daily/Weekly (Olympus Coliseum) challenges, though nothing that is so absolutely integral to stuff like crafting/leveling systems as it is in Unchained, more for just additional challenges for enthusiasts to test their skills in (i.e. extra hard form of bosses with specific goals like "don't use Cure").

Tsunamo

Aslong as it doesn't detract from the maingames/singleplayers development i'm all for it. I've been wanting the oppurtunity to play multiplayer with my online friends who like Kingdom Hearts ever since 358/2 Days (which sadly didn't support Nintendo wi-fi)

eefara

(Spoilers from the Unchained Chi thread, in regards to the Daybreak Town missions 50ish-60ish and possible overall spoilers from the game.)
I don't think
that was the Mickey that we know from the other games. It seems that this game takes place in the realm of sleep so it's a different Mickey like the ones in Country of the Musketeers and Symphony of Sorcery.

This same point was brought up for Hercules as well, and it got me thinking about DDD:
are the Mickeys we see in the DDD Sleeping Worlds actually different Mickeys? (And by extension, other repeating Disney characters.) Like, once the worlds were awoken, there would be three Mickeys running around? I always thought that they were the same as King Mickey; once the world fell into darkness, it dreamed of the last day or so that occurred, leading to the copies of Mickey we see.

I could be completely wrong, though; I only played DDD the once, it's been a while, and the tangle of a story made things a bit difficult to follow, especially at the end.

Famassu

That's how I understood it as well. They aren't different Mickeys, just (past) versions of him kind of frozen in time in the realm of sleep. Though I'm sure if Nomura wanted he could invent some BS reason how they could transfer all those sleep versions into the "real" world. :p

zeemumu

I view the realm of sleep as a google cache of worlds. It contains a bunch of old screenshots of worlds and their people as they were at a certain time.

That's how I understood it as well. They aren't different Mickeys, just (past) versions of him kind of frozen in time in the realm of sleep. Though I'm sure if Nomura wanted he could invent some BS reason how they could transfer all those sleep versions into the "real" world. :p

Isn't this basically what's happening with the villains in 3D?

Malyse

So the foretellers are named Invi, Gula, Ira, Aced, and Ava. Those correspond to the seven deadly sins:

• the Latin word "invidia", or Envy, which is symbolized by a snake in the Ancrene Wisse,
  • the Latin word "ira", or Wrath, which is symbolized by a unicorn in the Ancrene Wisse,
  • the Latin word "acedia", or Sloth, which is symbolized by a bear in the Ancrene Wisse,
  • the Latin word "avaritia", or Greed, which is symbolized by a fox in the Ancrene Wisse, and
  • the Latin word "gula", or Gluttony.
That leaves Pride which would be "superbia" and Lust which would be "libidine".

Problem is, that neither of those line up with the goat head on Xehanort's keyblade. Lust is "the scorpion with the tail of stinging lechery" and Pride is a lion. I'm inclined to think that since "The lion of pride has very many cubs" that the Master of Masters is the lion. And though it doesn't correspond to Ancrene Wisse, in other stories the goat *is* associated with lust. So maybe the Sixth/The Unknown is Libi. I can't get a good name out of Superbia though.

JTripper

FINALLYYYYYY did it

FAYSqHg.jpg

Birth By Sleep was one of the worst platinums I've ever pursued. What a slog. I'm so happy I'm finished
until 2.8

JTripper

Wow, congrats! Which of those was the easiest for you?

Either 1 or 2. Each of them took around the same amount of time to platinum but those two main titles seemed less tedious looking back. My favorite game is 1 though so I had the most fun with that.

Malyse

I can't get over how quickly it caught up to Chi in updates.

That's because Unchained is all critical path and doesn't really do non story events, like the summer festival or easter egg hunts. That plus the fact that they are putting out much more content at once than [chi] ever did on top of the fact that there's no Fuck you and your keyblade, literally impossible enemies like the level 555 heartless that [chi] occasionally tosses at you, makes it pretty easy.

Malyse

So, the big mystery in KHX/UX is who among the foretellers is the traitor. I'm thinking that there's a reasonable probability that it's Invi.

Sign on KHInsider said:
We were only able to catch a glimpse of this figure after meeting Mickey for the first time. You can view the image below with the figure at the upper left corner. We can't see much, but it does look a lot like one of Xehanort's black coats, don't you think?

7koiMpI.jpg

Except it's not. Far from it. I've gone into the event files to grab a full image of this instance:

Ls71Nb3.jpg

And here's a close up:

jhmreLZ.jpg

It's actually the Anguis Foreteller!

We have little information about this, but what do you think is going on? Why is this Foreteller watching over Mickey and the others? What could this be leading up to?

As of now, we know a bit of what it leads to:
(plot spoiler)
tumblr_inline_o5ovp4Czee1ryj4mb_540.png

Aced trying to kill her on the roofs of Daybreak Town.

I think the snake is the traitor, guys.

Here's a silly little fan theory I cooked up. It no doubt has been tought before by someone but here goes:

Vanitas is one of those characters that don't need to return for KH3 or even shouldn't but he will because Nomura can't help himself (with the little DDD cameo and all) and nobody ever dies in KH. Anyway I was thinking how or why he would return.

The most boring way would be MX just randomly bringing him back with power of darkness™ as a random lackey. But it would be kinda lame, at this point he doesn't seem to have any part in MX master plan unless he is one of the 13 darknesses (tho there isn't really any indication yet that he is part Xehanort).

Now one of the bigger ''mysteries'' in the series that Nomura has been wanting to show for quite a while is Mickey's adventures in the Realm of Darkness during KH1 where he finds the Kingdom Key D. That keyblade is pretty interesting in itself. If you look at KH1FM in a vaccuum then it almost seems that there could just as well be only 2 keyblades in existence, the one Sora has and the one Mickey finds so it doesn't really seem that odd that it looks exactly like Sora's Kingdom Key, the true form of the keyblade.

Anyhow nowdays we know Mickey has had a keyblade long before that and keyblades are given out like candy in general with every single one having an unique look usually somehow connected to the wielder. But that makes Kingdom Key D even more interesting, why would it share the look of Kingdom Key but in reverse? One theory could be that every keyblade has a mirror image in the world of darkness for some reason and Mickey needed that exact one to be able to close the Door to Darkness with Sora.

But I suggest a different story. There is one more big thingy about Kingdom Key+Kingdom Key D, that being the design of the X-blade we see in Birth By Sleep. Now either it is just a huge red herring or there is a connection. With Sora and Kingdom Key it's easy to make. Ventus was the other half of the X-blade in BBS and thus you can make the connection that the reason when Sora gets the keyblade it would take the form of one half of X-blade. Not saying it has any special powers but the connection just makes it look that way. Perhaps if Riku got it first it would have resembled something else (Terra's Earthshaker if you allow bit of a retcon speculation). But one last time I ask, what the heck is up with Kingdom Key D, the other half if you will?

At this point you know where I'm kinda going with this. Think about the details yourself but imagine something like this: Mickey desperately searching for a keyblade that belongs in the realm of darkness. He just happens to stumble upon KKD in this vast void of nothing, neat coincedence.

Or perhaps someone wanted him to find it. The keyblade in this lore's hell that just happens to be functional unlike those that are found in the Keyblade Graveyard. ''United with the hearts of their masters.'' MX once said. Kingdom Key D still has the heart of it's old master in it alright, desperate to get out of the Realm of Darkness and to be able to exact his REVENGE!

2spooky

Psxphile

Snek fail loyalty? But that's unpossible!

What does that say about her expy? *conspirancy thoughts*
Also: doesn't who battles among the rooftops change depending on what Union you're in? Is it always Invi? If so then yes, that's pretty telling. Just as Ava has her role to play regardless of your Union.

turns out they're all traitors, what a twist

damn homey

Yeah, still wondering what's up with that key myself as its role in the expanded lore seems quite diminished (at least until the x-blade appeared). As for Van, I just assumed he was the real reason MX wanted Sora to succumb to darkness: so he could reclaim him in some form.

Malyse

Snek fail loyalty? But that's unpossible!

What does that say about her expy? *conspirancy thoughts*
Also: doesn't who battles among the rooftops change depending on what Union you're in? Is it always Invi? If so then yes, that's pretty telling. Just as Ava has her role to play regardless of your Union.

turns out they're all traitors, what a twist

Nope. It's alway Aced and Invi. And Aced was going hard.

zeemumu

So, the big mystery in KHX/UX is who among the foretellers is the traitor. I'm thinking that there's a reasonable probability that it's Invi.

As of now, we know a bit of what it leads to:
(plot spoiler)
tumblr_inline_o5ovp4Czee1ryj4mb_540.png

Aced trying to kill her on the roofs of Daybreak Town.

From my point of view the Unicorns are evil!

Top Bottom