• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Soriku

I was thinking what would be a perfect place for the next KH game. First I was thinking about Vita but sales make it a no-no so the next best thing would be KH Kinect.

First screens:

209712-D1.jpg

214046-a.jpg

Pixar, finally!

aravuus

Again you would think so, but Nomura is on record saying that he prefers people to play next to each other rather than apart, dont have that quote. But it exists.

How does that have anything to do with releasing the games in an online store? No doubt Nomura decides if the game's have online stuff or not, but he won't decide how they are released. Going to bet my head on that.

TheMink

How does that have anything to do with releasing the games in an online store? No doubt Nomura decides if the game's have online stuff or not, but he won't decide how they are released. Going to bet my head on that.

*shrugs*

I think he influences it in some way.

Tsunamo

If we're lucky we'll see online multiplayer for BBS HD.
I would be really suprised if it wasn't. Mirage arena online on a console release of BBS seems like a no brainer, then again though this is Square-Enix.
Lol XD

One would think so, but take every other Square Enix release before and after BBS as a reason why that doesnt make sense.

Both Dissidias are available through the store, at least one has Online play.

Every final fantasy ever basically is available for download. Including DS and PSP remakes.

Zero kingdom hearts are downloadable.
Not to mention DDD got a downloadable demo, but the game's not up on the eShop.
I was thinking what would be a perfect place for the next KH game. First I was thinking about Vita but sales make it a no-no so the next best thing would be KH Kinect.
I really am sad that Kingdom Hearts return to consoles and shifting away from handhelds happened when it did, if not we might have seen 1.5 and 2.5 on the Vita :(

I'm still wondering about if BBSv2 was originally a Vita title before it got canceled/shelved.

Lol XD

One would think so, but take every other Square Enix release before and after BBS as a reason why that doesnt make sense.

Both Dissidias are available through the store, at least one has Online play.

Every final fantasy ever basically is available for download. Including DS and PSP remakes.

Zero kingdom hearts are downloadable.
Really? Tell me where I can download Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, XIII, or XIII-2.
Please don't troll and/or post terrible ideas.

This is just me speculating here, but after the whole thing with Crisis Core and the issues with that getting a digital release, I wouldn't be surprised if KH faced the same issue: The contracts to use Utada's stuff probably didn't take into account digital releases and as such probably can't digitally release any games with her music without editing them out or re-negotiating something, and considering nearly* every KH game uses/reuses Simple & Clean and Sanctuary... well, yeah.

*As far as I'm aware, the cellphone version of Coded is the only KH game that doesn't have either of those songs. Incidentally, it's the only KH game to get a digital release!

TheMink

Really? Tell me where I can download Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, XIII, or XIII-2.
Please don't troll and/or post terrible ideas.

I dont see your point, do you understand the point I was making?

Edit:
Going to bet X,X-2 HD will be available online, were they confirmed retail only?(I think vita games mandate it?)
Not that it matters.

I dont see your point, do you understand the point I was making?

Edit:
Going to bet X,X-2 HD will be available online, were they confirmed retail only?(I think vita games mandate it?)
Not that it matters.

And you don't think KH:Final Mix and RE:CoM will eventually be available online?

If they're not, btw, it's MUCH more likely a Disney issue than Nomura.

TheMink

And you don't think KH:Final Mix and RE:CoM will eventually be available online?

If they're not, btw, it's MUCH more likely a Disney issue than Nomura.

Probably is a disney issue, good point. Is Epic Mickey available online?

I still think nomura is against it somehow haha.

Probably is a disney issue, good point. Is Epic Mickey available online?

I still think nomura is against it somehow haha.

Nomura's got his quirks, for sure, but I don't think he's against online play per se (again, see the Mirage Arena stuff).

However, I think there are certain aspects of Kingdom Hearts (as a franchise) that make it incompatible with playing through the campaign fully cooperatively. Resident Evil 5/6 and Dead Space 3 allow that sort of thing, but they aren't quite as heavily stat-based as KH, and (frankly) the story isn't as much of a big deal with those. It'd be weird to just sort of jump back in at different points in the story with your extremely powered-up Donald or whatever and help out a friend. I dunno.

The series wouldn't work well with in-person multiplayer in the story because the third-person camera would make it really difficult. I can only really see an arena mode working.

Nomura's got his quirks, for sure, but I don't think he's against online play per se (again, see the Mirage Arena stuff).

However, I think there are certain aspects of Kingdom Hearts (as a franchise) that make it incompatible with playing through the campaign fully cooperatively. Resident Evil 5/6 and Dead Space 3 allow that sort of thing, but they aren't quite as heavily stat-based as KH, and (frankly) the story isn't as much of a big deal with those. It'd be weird to just sort of jump back in at different points in the story with your extremely powered-up Donald or whatever and help out a friend. I dunno.

The series wouldn't work well with in-person multiplayer in the story because the third-person camera would make it really difficult. I can only really see an arena mode working.

If they went for co-op campaing they would design it around it. In other words Donald+Goofy would always be present with Sora for example. I honestly see KH much more friendly for co-op play than RE5 for example. In KH you equip your items, choose a few abilities and you are ready to go until you get a new ability/weapon and those don't happen that often. In RE5 you are constantly in the menu switching equipment and talking with your buddy who is to pick whatever items up from the ground.

As for being overpowered I was thinking more about you jumping into your friends game and playing as the Donald he has at that point. Mostly the mode would be for you and your friend to play the whole game through together.

BTW I am not really asking for this or expecting this or anything. Just speculating that it could be fun.

If they went for co-op campaing they would design it around it. In other words Donald+Goofy would always be present with Sora for example. I honestly see KH much more friendly for co-op play than RE5 for example. In KH you equip your items, choose a few abilities and you are ready to go until you get a new ability/weapon and those don't happen that often. In RE5 you are constantly in the menu switching equipment and talking with your buddy who is to pick whatever items up from the ground.

As for being overpowered I was thinking more about you jumping into your friends game and playing as the Donald he has at that point. Mostly the mode would be for you and your friend to play the whole game through together.

BTW I am not really asking for this or expecting this or anything. Just speculating that it could be fun.

I think it could be extremely fun if done right, but yeah, the game would need to be designed around it, and I'm pretty sure you'd all have to be Keyblade wielders (i.e. no playing as Donald or Goofy).

I think it could be extremely fun if done right, but yeah, the game would need to be designed around it, and I'm pretty sure you'd all have to be Keyblade wielders (i.e. no playing as Donald or Goofy).

Nooooooo ;(. I'd totally love playing as a 100% mage Donald. It's just a question of designing the characters right.

Groof

What if you got to choose character upon entering the co-op game, effectively replacing one of the team members? If the game had changeable party members like KH1 that would work quite well, I think.

What if you got to choose character upon entering the co-op game, effectively replacing one of the team members? If the game had changeable party members like KH1 that would work quite well, I think.

That's what I have been saying all along silly.

Besides I was thinking some time ago that they could even have more than 2 party members. If KH3 was PS3/PS4 it would have much better resolution for more information on screen and powar for more characters. Let's say Sora always has Riku, Donald and Goofy with him. You could choose to play as Riku if you wanted and he would be basically the same as Sora.

Groof

That's what I have been saying all along silly.

Besides I was thinking some time ago that they could even have more than 2 party members. If KH3 was PS3/PS4 it would have much better resolution for more information on screen and powar for more characters. Let's say Sora always has Riku, Donald and Goofy with him. You could choose to play as Riku if you wanted and he would be basically the same as Sora.

Sorry, long day and I'm tired, brain's all mushy :(

I'd say more than 2 party members beside the main character would be a bit too much. Enemy numbers would also have to be increased.

Sorry, long day and I'm tired, brain's all mushy :(

I'd say more than 2 party members beside the main character would be a bit too much. Enemy numbers would also have to be increased.

Well I mean what else would they do with more power ;).

We have already seen kinda sorta 3 party members in the KH2 Hades/Pete boss battle for example and that was on a small arena.

Daaamn. It's. So. good. <3

How did they handle Re:Com's soundtrack btw? Did they reuse these or did they use the original music?

Some key tracks are remastered like Lord of the Castle but most of the music is still original form. I guess they remastered things like Namine theme and such too.

I think for 2.5 it will be whole of KH2FM remastered, few key tracks for BBS and just leave Re:Coded to rot like it should :).

Joqu

I wonder if they remastered The 13th Struggle. I sure hope they did.

Ugh that reminds me of how bad KH2's synth was. Those violins were simply awful. Good thing that it was much better with BBS, but I'm pretty sure they used audio streaming there anyway.

And hey, Re:Coded's battle theme was pretty cool! But it's not like that one needs any changing.

I wonder if they remastered The 13th Struggle. I sure hope they did.

Ugh that reminds me of how bad KH2's synth was. Those violins were simply awful. Good thing that it was much better with BBS, but I'm pretty sure they used audio streaming there anyway.

And hey, Re:Coded's battle theme was pretty cool! But it's not like that one needs any changing.

Especially when the whole Coded portion will be cutscenes only :lol.

Joqu

And damn pointless ones at that. How long are they going to make it, 5 minutes?

it's going to be 3 hours isn't it

Joqu

Well I think there was some stuff worth mentioning? The only thing I remember is the ending but I guess they need some of the other stuff too to make it look like it had a plot.

KH and Valkyria fans suffer from the same opressive japanese overlords who first hook the fans with a game and then decide not to release the next good shit over here.

Someday...

But they make damn sure to release VC2 and Coded over here of course.

Joqu

Someone uploaded Re:Com's HD remix soundtrack and it sounds like only Lord of the Castle got the remaster treatment.
Oh well, I guess that was to be expected, but I was hoping that The 13th Struggle got orchestrated too. Not that I'm really disappointed about this.

And I'm not sure, but Namine's theme might be remastered too, I think?
The harp sounds different to me, but the piano sounds the same, so I'm not too sure. Of course piano is easier to "fake", no? I don't really have an ear for these things anyway.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Sephiroth in 1.5 is a lot tougher than I remember. I can consistently get him down to the yellow/green before he goes totally batshit crazy and I screw something up. This would be easy if I had Damage Asper and MP haste, but for some reason I haven't gotten them yet. Last leave doesn't seem to work in the battle either.

I love the port though, KH1 is still the only game in the series I've ever finished. I played KH2 for 5 hours before I got Sora, saw the title card and said 'NOPE' and never touched it again. :p Can't wait for 2.5 to give it a proper chance.

Top Bottom