• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Maybe the remake will be easier, I found the 2D plain troublesome (especially when fighting Defenders). I'll play it when 1.5 HD Remix comes out.
Re:CoM's much more easier. (imo) There's many more sleights that make the game much easier, Lethal Frame/Flame in particular makes boss battles with Sora rediculously easy.

Riku Mode's also more enjoyable with the addition of card dueling.

Psxphile

Maybe the remake will be easier, I found the 2D plain troublesome (especially when fighting Defenders).

Fire Raid/Ice Raid from one end of the screen to the other. All day, every day. Throw in the occasional MegaFlare for maximum clean-clearing goodness. Tornado is just as effective, but slow.

In Re:CoM the elemental raids are nowhere near as effective.

Awesome. The Zelda Timeline video was great, I can't wait for this one.

So, how much new material was added to KH: Final Mix? I imagine not enough to justify the long localization wait for HD Remix.
  • In addition to HD visuals, there are some changes with the character models and textures.
  • Character balance changes (Sora loses STR & DEF, but has more AP).
  • You use the right analog stick for camera controls. R3 reverts the camera to default position.
  • Exclusive boss.
  • A custom theme is available once you finish the game.
  • A bunch of new cut-scenes.
  • New abilities: EXP 0 (nullifies experience's gain) and Combo Master (lets you perform combos with interruption).
  • Around 10 new heartless.
  • Some special actions like "Talk" are utilized with triangle.
  • Old heartless have their designs changed.
  • English voices are reverted back to Japanese voices.
  • 2 new weapons for each of the characters.
  • Magic and Summon are each given a separate command.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • Trophy support.
  • New difficulty setting.
  • Remastered soundtrack.
  • Option to skip cut-scenes.
  • Keyblade balance changes.
  • Around 10 new accessories were added.
  • Item Synthesis has been expanded.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New Gummi stuff.

• 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

But yeah, not really 6+ months content for big company like SE IMO. Biggest job is prolly with Days anyway if they changed the script at all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
But yeah, not really 6+ months content for big company like SE IMO. Biggest job is prolly with Days anyway if they changed the script at all.

Wow that is a lot. I like the Remix additions.
Square-Enix probably thinks that it isn't as important as Final Fantasy, even though it's technically a Final Fantasy crossover. That company is a mess...

Psxphile

Capture? Guess that explains there being a 4K version.

EDIT: Wow, they actually edited in new text for that one untranslated line in the original.

Mix

My god I miss these games. My whole childhood right here summed up in a single forum thread. Absolutely gold

Bladenic

Finished Three Musketeers with Sora, onto Riku. Having a ton of fun but I definitely miss BbS's auxiliary systems. Flow motion is also such a shallow addition, considering the attacks stop being viable and useful around world 2 or at latest 3.

The music in the world was great though, as it is overall. There's a surprising amount of reuse though, and the songs that are reused sound only slightly remixed to me.

BatDan

Oh wow, when I first played KH2 it took me a long time to beat Xaldin, kept getting killed and getting "saved" by Mickey but I couldn't win.

Replaying it now, I BEAT HIM IN ONE TRY! And here I thought I was getting worse at games.

Deep Dive keeps being awesome. I only wish KH3 could use that kind of graphic quality throughout the entire game...

Also, those phrases, i wonder if anyone took the time to analyze them and associate them to the events of the games... Some are really loose, though-

Bladenic

Riku's second to last boss is hard lol. I need to rearrange my deck though, Meteor is kind of useless here and I only have one Curaga. Don't think I'll grind just yet, though I'm only level 38 I think.

BatDan

And that's Kingdom Hearts II beaten
The battle system is great, much faster and more fluid than the first game.
Back when I first played it, I wondered why we didn't fight everyone from Organization XIII. Knowing what happened in CoM now, it all makes sense.
The Secret Ansem Reports do help fill in a lot of details. Not exactly a fan of telling video game stories through datalogs though... especially after FFXIII (it's going to hurt if Lightning shows up in KH3).
I attempted getting the secret movie. Completely filled the Synth notes up. I just couldn't beat the Hades Cup though... at least YouTube exists, and I know the movie is all about BbS.

Next up: Following the adventures of Roxas, Xion, and Axel during the year Sora was sleeping. ... Once I get my copy in that is.

And that's Kingdom Hearts II beaten
The battle system is great, much faster and more fluid than the first game.
Back when I first played it, I wondered why we didn't fight everyone from Organization XIII. Knowing what happened in CoM now, it all makes sense.
The Secret Ansem Reports do help fill in a lot of details. Not exactly a fan of telling video game stories through datalogs though... especially after FFXIII (it's going to hurt if Lightning shows up in KH3).
I attempted getting the secret movie. Completely filled the Synth notes up. I just couldn't beat the Hades Cup though... at least YouTube exists, and I know the movie is all about BbS.

Next up: Following the adventures of Roxas, Xion, and Axel during the year Sora was sleeping. ... Once I get my copy in that is.

Prepare for the worst game in the series :(

I thought that was Re:Coded?
Seems the DS games aren't too well-liked.

I have whined about this before but DS isn't suited for 3D KH experience. It should have been a 2d game like CoM/TWEWY imo.

I think the general consensus is that Re:Coded has better gameplay and Days has better (or at least less useless) story. Also there was the problem that BBS released a year later and it made Days seem like they didn't even try.

BatDan

I have whined about this before but DS isn't suited for 3D KH experience. It should have been a 2d game like CoM/TWEWY imo.

I think the general consensus is that Re:Coded has better gameplay and Days has better (or at least less useless) story. Also there was the problem that BBS released a year later and it made Days seem like they didn't even try.

Interesting. I know a lot of people write off Re:Coded as filler outside of the endings. I'll still try it down the road, after I finish BbS, but I'll still be weary.

Interesting. I know a lot of people write off Re:Coded as filler outside of the endings. I'll still try it down the road, after I finish BbS, but I'll still be weary.

I honestly suggest just skipping Coded unless you REALLY need to play everything. The story portion is absolutely and totally useless and the only thing people think is any use is the secret ending... that is now useless since you get basically the same thing by just getting Dream Drop Distance.

also

Banned

Don't skip Re: Coded, unless you only play KH for the story and even then R:C offers some interesting twists on the KH1 stories.
In terms of gameplay and variety it puts the other KH games to shame. The combat is an improved version of BBS's combat system. Character growth is super customizable and you can unlock ''cheats'' that allow you to change the difficulty at any time, lower your health to increase the drop rate of items, mess with enemy HP and so on. There's also a chapter select so you can replay any part of the game you want.
It's too bad that all this is wasted on running through old worlds and randomly generated dungeons while fighting mostly old enemies.

If KH3 doesn't include something like DDD's flowmotion + Re:Coded's customization and variety I will be really disappointed, unless they give us Re:Coded 2.

Tsunamo

I bring good news Frank!

1.5 HD ReMIX is coming out on September 13th for PAL regions, so the wait isn't as long as we thought it would be, still got a few months to go though, but at least it's not in October/November/December like most of us were expecting.

Edit: Should have known someone would have already posted a thread on the main gaming forum already.

I bring good news Frank!

1.5 HD ReMIX is coming out on September 13th for PAL regions, so the wait isn't as long as we thought it would be, still got a few months to go though, but at least it's not in October/November/December like most of us were expecting.

Edit: Should have known someone would have already posted a thread on the main gaming forum already.

Now if there was some way to get that artbook in Finland. It can't suck as much as BBS one did.

Actually I might skip it this time. I can live without, I just want the damn game.

If you preorder you get an art book. September 10, 2013 in the US.

2SbhH5x.jpg

Tsunamo

Hopefully this artbook is better than the Birth By Sleep one, with all the concept drawings they're showing off in the promo image it seems like it will be.
(plus it helps that I don't have the Ultimania to the game/s the artbook is based on this time :p)

RPGCrazied

They said the artbook was 24 pages on the blog. That is.... "tiny", they worded it kinda in a way it was going to be big, certainly not 24 pages.

Now, this isn’t your traditional video game artbook. First off, the artwork will feature your favorite characters in the history of anything – Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, other iconic Disney characters, and much more.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, and seems its the size of the PS3 case, it will probably be inside, with the manual. I wonder if we will get a color manual with this thing, but probably not. Nothing like the PS2 manual anyway. Whats the manual like in Japan?

Top Bottom