• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Nohar

... Why does the Armor Heartless had his color pattern changed? o_O Before it looked threatening. Now it's... a little ridiculous, really.

... Why does the Armor Heartless had his color pattern changed? o_O Before it looked threatening. Now it's... a little ridiculous, really.

Most heartless (and every Unversed in BBS) have their colour changed in the Final Mix versions. Guard Armor is definately the worst but luckily I think he is the only offensive one (shame it had to be such an iconic boss). There are cool ones too tho:

PlCmgHx.png
->
gJDnLO6.png

bghxjy7.png
->
3aU5Bbn.png

Most are just from ok to ok.
aQrMPhD.png
->
xZAAnqO.png

I'm sort of curious: what sort of tweaks do people think might come to KH2FM and BBSFM in the inevitable KH 2.5 HD Remix?

I know KH1FM got the camera fixes, the tweaked combat controls, and the Exp 0 and Combo Master abilities, and Re:CoM got several additional Keyblade cards based on 358/2 Days.

I'm wondering whether Re:CoM is ready-made to also get Keyblade cards from KH2FM (like the original PS2 versions), and possibly from BBSFM as well (and maybe from DDD, depending on how that all goes).

But for real: given that KH2FM and BBSFM are both already very complete games, what sort of small tweaks/additions would the folks in here want?

I, for one, would kind of like it if the AP balancing in KH2FM got some tweaks so that stuff like (for example) High Jump would require 0 AP to equip.

In BBSFM, I think it'd be neat (and relatively easy) for them to add some additional D-Links - maybe Sora, Riku, Kairi, and Eraqus D-Links, or something like that.

I can't imagine them adding anything to KH2FM and BBSFM without seeming superfluous.

Unless they want to completely redesign KH2's levels so they aren't so boring to play through, that would be nice.

Birth by Sleep desperately needs to let you shuffle through the command deck with the shoulder buttons. Why it wasn't an option in Dream Drop Distance with the Circle Pad Pro, I'll never know.

New D-Links would be nice, though. I'm honestly surprised Ventus didn't get a Lea D-Link.

I can't imagine them adding anything to KH2FM and BBSFM without seeming superfluous.

Unless they want to completely redesign KH2's levels so they aren't so boring to play through, that would be nice.

I dunno. KH1FM and Re:CoM didn't *need* those additions (well, except for the camera tweaks to KH1), but they're still very nice (especially Combo Master and the triangle-button stuff, half-assed as that may be).

I think it's fair to say that KH2FM and BBSFM may both be really, really fantastic, but that doesn't mean there's no room for minor improvements.

Wait, you actually used KH1 summons other than Tinkerbell? You're doing it wrong.

Actually Valor Form Genie is not half bad at all.

The problem is it's cooler to use drive forms than summons.

Oh and I was talking about adding Limit Form to Genie summon in KH2 since he has all the other forms so it isn't consistent that he doesn't have limit form when they added that.

Wisdom Form Genie is laughably terrible tho. Really wonder who does the balancing sometimes.

Actually Valor Form Genie is not half bad at all.

The problem is it's cooler to use drive forms than summons.

Oh and I was talking about adding Limit Form to Genie summon in KH2 since he has all the other forms so it isn't consistent that he doesn't have limit form when they added that.

Wisdom Form Genie is laughably terrible tho. Really wonder who does the balancing sometimes.

To be fair, Wisdom Form itself is also laughably terrible.

To be fair, Wisdom Form itself is also laughably terrible.

Not at all especially once you get the right keyblade for elemental boost and have the ability otherwise too. You can burn HP very fast but you should have ethers and stuff to really get damage out of it since Shoot isn't that good.

I think biggest problem with Wisdom form is that it burns the drive gauge too fast compared to easily leveled Valor Form. I think even when I like using Wisdom form Valor is still higher level like at all times. That and Valor form is good allways while with Wisdom you should prepare for magic use to get most out of it.

Not at all especially once you get the right keyblade for elemental boost and have the ability otherwise too. You can burn HP very fast but you should have ethers and stuff to really get damage out of it since Shoot isn't that good.

I think biggest problem with Wisdom form is that it burns the drive gauge too fast compared to easily leveled Valor Form. I think even when I like using Wisdom form Valor is still higher level like at all times.

I just feel like Master Form is *so* much better at magic while being (IMO) roughly on par with Valor Form with regard to physical attacks, and there's also the drive gauge issue that you mentioned. It's just hard to justify using Wisdom Form even though I do like some of what it has to offer. Being able to endlessly spam magic (and do so while moving) is nice, but actual upgraded magic spells are even better.

I just feel like Master Form is *so* much better at magic while being (IMO) roughly on par with Valor Form with regard to physical attacks, and there's also the drive gauge issue that you mentioned. It's just hard to justify using Wisdom Form even though I do like some of what it has to offer. Being able to endlessly spam magic (and do so while moving) is nice, but actual upgraded magic spells are even better.

I prefer Wisdom over Master mainly because Master is so annoying to level up. That and you get it quite late to boot. I like all forms tho. Actually I think my least liked form is Final cause it's just... I dunno. It feels too overpowered and I think the other forms are much more fun to use.

BTW while Anti Form is quite cool in ways it is perhaps the stupidest gameplay mechanic in KH2 :lol. Supposedly it is to prevent overuse of drive forms but that doesn't make sense since the drive gauge doesn't fill that fast at all for it to really become a big issue.

Final form didn't have to exist, I felt like that form should have been story related rather than something you could acquire and regularly use.

I would have preferred Limits had a larger role in combat, acting as different stances or fighting styles switching rather than super modes.

I dunno.

I prefer Wisdom over Master mainly because Master is so annoying to level up. That and you get it quite late to boot. I like all forms tho. Actually I think my least liked form is Final cause it's just... I dunno. It feels too overpowered and I think the other forms are much more fun to use.

BTW while Anti Form is quite cool in ways it is perhaps the stupidest gameplay mechanic in KH2 :lol. Supposedly it is to prevent overuse of drive forms but that doesn't make sense since the drive gauge doesn't fill that fast at all for it to really become a big issue.

The main problem with Anti Form is that it can (iirc) actually make some bosses genuinely unbeatable because it can't engage in Reaction moves.

Final Form is hilarious. You know what the single most damaging attack in the game is? Going up to an enemy while in Final Form and using an item.

The main problem with Anti Form is that it can (iirc) actually make some bosses genuinely unbeatable because it can't engage in Reaction moves.

Man the first time I got limit form I completely lost my shit.

Who could have expected turning into Nightcrawler?

I sure didn't.

Glad it didn't happen during a boss though.

Man it's still fuckin 1.5 months till 1.5 releases. It feels like forever since SE started the marketing machine for it. Quite impressive considering it being just a HD collection after all. At least it is good to know they take KH seriously (unless it is Disney behind it). Fuck the wait is long.

Wait, you actually used KH1 summons other than Tinkerbell? You're doing it wrong.
No, you're doing it wrong if you never used bambi. TONS of MP balls and free items? Sign me in.

On KH2, Master form has some problems in FM now.
The first one is that you get it only after Limit Form. Why would you use Master if you have a form that can heal by attacking with its overpowered limits that don't trigger MP Charge, OHKO enemies, raises your drop rate and allows you to keep your party members/drive anytime even when you're alone?
The second one is that it's a chore to level it now, because they removed the infinite farming in Land of Dragons.

Its pretty much the only form you use for killing the 99 water spirits in the lvl 99 Demyx fight. Fire is a close range dash that just decimates those buggers.

Sure, but that's a really specialized case that is much more about killing tons of weak mooks really fast (which Wisdom form excels at, but which Sora in general isn't half bad at) than about taking on actual strong enemies.

TheMink

Sure, but that's a really specialized case that is much more about killing tons of weak mooks really fast (which Wisdom form excels at, but which Sora in general isn't half bad at) than about taking on actual strong enemies.

Yeah its true, but the reality is one form was going to be the worst form haha. Good thing its wisdom :p

Soriku

I want them to add capes back in BBS, and possibly include online to the Mirage Arena. That's pretty much it for 2.5.

Tsunamo

I'm not in the mood to fight Seph/Unknown or clearing Hades Time Trial, so I decided to get it out of the way early.

About KH2, I don't think they should be that hard. Many people couldn't beat the game on Critical so they resorted to complete the missions. I mean, if your skills aren't enough to play Proud or Critical, but you can beat the missions, that means they aren't that bad, right?
Those were always the most tedious/tricky things to do in the main game for me back when I played the PAL release, so I don't blame you. (although I think Hades Cups Time Trial suffered from 50hz syndrome where it was made more difficult to beat due to the framerate as I didn't find it very problematic in 1.5)

Yeah that's true, I always struggled with them though. Creating Gummi ships never has been my strong point though so I'll just have to see how I go in 2.5.
AFAIK not native 1080p but it is nicely upscaled or some shiat.
Yeah, even non-native the game is beautiful upscaled to 1080p.
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix probably has my least favorite heartless recolours out of them all.
2.5 HD has been all but confirmed.

The real question is, will it be PS3, PS4, or both?
I'm leaning towards PS3, but PS4 is still a possibility. I can't see Square-Enix doing both unless they do a PS4/Xbox One release complication release later down the line.
Square enix lied to me. Lied to us all

2u2Fz

Visual proof at 4:10 of video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NogoNJJuEpk&html5=1&hd=1
Will we ever be free of the burden that is the fish face models?

I'd laugh if they were actually in III

Frazley

Own the PS2 versions, preordered 1.5 HD. Am playing BBS and loving it. Wish I had DDS, but don't want to buy a 3DS. It is tough being a series fan and having it spread across consoles.

Own the PS2 versions, preordered 1.5 HD. Am playing BBS and loving it. Wish I had DDS, but don't want to buy a 3DS. It is tough being a series fan and having it spread across consoles.

DDD is something you definitely ought to play since it directly sets up KH3, but even if it's must-play, it's not must-play-immediately. The game definitely isn't as good as BBS, and there's a near guarantee that it'll get a cutscene-only or remade release on consoles before KH3 comes out.

I already told you guys:

2014: 2.5
2015: Dream Drop Distance Final Mix
2016: Kingdom Hearts Theathrythm
2017: Kingdom Hearts VII-20 IRRATIONAL NUMBER: Pascal's Lament
2018: Kingdom Hearts: All the Bravest
2019: Kingdom Hearts 3

Tenrius

I already told you guys:

2014: 2.5
2015: Dream Drop Distance Final Mix
2016: Kingdom Hearts Theathrythm
2017: Kingdom Hearts VII-20 IRRATIONAL NUMBER: Pascal's Lament
2018: Kingdom Hearts: All the Bravest
2019: Kingdom Hearts 3

You forgot about the Fabula Nova Keyblades trilogy.

I like how Birth By Sleep doesn't give a fuck. The Unversed boss just carpet bombs lady Tremaine and her daughters for no reason and it is implied they die :D. I guess the Osaka Team didn't like them very much when they watched the movie.

Also there is always something new to discover! In the penultimate boss with Terra I triggered a QTE where Xehanort pins you to the ground and chokes you or some shit. It was surprising since it actually changed the camera angle to be more cinematic and I never saw that particular move before.

I like how Birth By Sleep doesn't give a fuck. The Unversed boss just carpet bombs lady Tremaine and her daughters for no reason and it is implied they die :D. I guess the Osaka Team didn't like them very much when they watched the movie.

Also there is always something new to discover! In the penultimate boss with Terra I triggered a QTE where Xehanort pins you to the ground and chokes you or some shit. It was surprising since it actually changed the camera angle to be more cinematic and I never saw that particular move before.

Yep! You have to let Xehanort attack Terra from behind with a full combo to trigger it. There's a few more in the game that trigger under certain circumstances.

It's implemented way better than reaction commands in KH2.

If we get Lightning in KH3 and not Noctis I'll vomit.
With the way Nomura talked about him and Sora in that one interview I doubt he won't somehow be in.
The way he fits in will be the interesting part.
I can see Lightning being a member of Leon's group, can't really see the same for Noctis.
(Even though im meh on Lightning being in everything, after Dissidia I would like to see some Lightning interactions with Squall)

I just hope more characters don't get the Selphie & Tidus or even Gullwing treatment.

botty

Banned
With the way Nomura talked about him and Sora in that one interview I doubt he won't somehow be in.
The way he fits in will be the interesting part.
I can see Lightning being a member of Leon's group, can't really see the same for Noctis.
(Even though im meh on Lightning being in everything, after Dissidia I would like to see some Lightning interactions with Squall)

I just hope more characters don't get the Selphie & Tidus or even Gullwing treatment.

Hope so. I really am intrigued by that character and would love to see how Sora interacts with him. I also want to see Sora interact with his brother, Neku, again.

Top Bottom