• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 4 (I.5+II.5) Remix announced for PS4 IN 60FPS, March 28th, 2017

Staf

Ok, i'm so fucking confused. I remember playing Kingdom hearts 1 way back when and really loving it. What's this 1.5 and 2.5? Are they new games or what?

Ydelnae

Ok, i'm so fucking confused. I remember playing Kingdom hearts 1 way back when and really loving it. What's this 1.5 and 2.5? Are they new games or what?
They are HD collections of every piece of narrative in the franchise (if you count 2.8). 1.5 contains KH1, the gba sequel remake and a kh2 prequel movie. 2.5 contains KH2, KH0 and a kh2 sequel movie.

BigEmil

Why do you think the PS4 load times will be any better
FFX PS4 loading compared to PS3 is like instantaneous.
Also many other games thats between PS3 and PS4 the PS4 always had faster loading mostly thanks to its much larger and faster RAM memory.

Mailbox

HD remastered of
[1.5]
1, re:com, (cutscenes from 358/2 days),
[2.5]
2, bbs, (cutscenes from codes)

Basically it's all the games already released other than the 3ds one which is getting its own collection with a bunch of new content in February called 2.8

Staf

They are HD collections of every piece of narrative in the franchise (if you count 2.8). 1.5 contains KH1, the gba sequel remake and a kh2 prequel movie. 2.5 contains KH2, KH0 and a kh2 sequel movie.

Holy shit, what a mess. Don't know if you helped me there buddy :).

Why do you think the PS4 load times will be any better

I assume because you'll be able to install this on PS4. You could only load the previous collections from a disc which made KH2.5 have horrible load times. Even activating Sora's Drive Forms made made the game freeze for 4-7 seconds while it loaded them in. Yuck.

Mailbox

I have 1.5 and 2.5... but for 60 FPS and a $50usd price tag, I'll double dip :D

Holy shit, what a mess. Don't know if you helped me there buddy :).
Basically just buy this and 2.8 and play all the games from left to right starting with 1.5 and you will be all caught up.

That's really all you need to know.

I assume because you'll be able to install this on PS4. You could only load the previous collections from a disc which made KH2.5 have horrible load times. Even activating Sora's Drive Forms made made the game freeze for 4-7 seconds while it loaded them in. Yuck.

You could actually bypass it if you paused the game during the transformation, but it still isn't as seamless as PS2

Namikaze

60fps for KH 1.5 and 2.5 and possibly 4K for PS Pro owners? I honestly want to cry, so glad it's official!! Kagari was right.

Is Kingdom Heart's numbering scheme supposed to be a joke just like Saints Row's is?

Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row IV

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts III

thuway

Why can't they just release all the games (1.5,2.5, 2.8) with an easy way to start them chronologically without going through the hoops of numerical hysteria.

You could actually bypass it if you paused the game during the transformation, but it still isn't as seamless as PS2

Yeah, I'd like to be able to do it without pause buffering. You pretty much had to do it during certain bosses since they'd get free reign to do stuff while you're loading your form (Data Vexen)

AZUMIKE

Pretty sweet having these games run at 60fps, but now I feel bad that Birth by Sleep 0.2 & KHIII won't be 60fps. lol

Then again, there's the argument that 30fps is more cinematic!!
:eek:)

nikos

Never finished these, so this will be the perfect chance to do so before KH3. Should have at least a few years to get them done.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
This is great. Will buy this and then will get 2.8 ( which I'm assuming will not be included in this )

MrMephistoX

Assuming this is digital too? Stranger things have happened with Square. Deliberately waited to get these on the off chance PS4 didn't have BC.

Goddammit, another game to buy in Q1.

And I must buy this. Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep all in 1080p 60 FPS for $50 *drools*

FUCK YEEES. YES YES YES.

Day 1!

I was literally just glaring at my copy of 1.5 yesterday whilst doing a games clean out, willing it to magically change into a PS4 version. I still haven't gotten around to buying 2.5, so getting both is fantastic.

sector4

Yessssssssssss! I have 1.5 and 2.5 but they're still sealed, time to sell them.

How does this not include 2.8 as well?!

Can't wait! Last time I play KH (1 and 2) was in ps2. I can finally replay all!

Wondering what KH 3 will be called if its re-released/remastered in the next 10 year.

M-PG71C

I barely played the first one and the GBA one. I haven't touched it since. I'll buy this as a way to catch up before getting into the third one sometime 2019.

Never played any of these games, always felt I'd enjoy them, so I guess I'll just give in and do so now since SE seems to just keep offering better and better versions for cheaper and cheaper.

This is one hell of a rabbit hole I'll be starting down, but I'm pretty excited.

Luigi87

Never played any of these games, always felt I'd enjoy them, so I guess I'll just give in and do so now since SE seems to just keep offering better and better versions for cheaper and cheaper.

This is one hell of a rabbit hole I'll be starting down, but I'm pretty excited.

Hm, considering the first Disney world one goes to in Kingdom Hearts is Wonderland, this is a very apt thing to say.

Top Bottom