• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 4 (I.5+II.5) Remix announced for PS4 IN 60FPS, March 28th, 2017

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Having a ps4 and vita, in what order do i need to play the kh games? someone can help?

KHFM

RE Chain of Memories

KH 358/2

KH2FM

KH Birth By Sleep

RE Coded

Dream Drop Distance

KH Birth by Sleep 0.2

KH Back Cover

358/2 and KH2FM can be played interchangeably.

SoulUnison

Banned
Luckily I only bought II.5, and only at the Greatest Hits price, so triple-dipping on this won't be...too...

Who am I kidding. I'm the problem.

Kingdom Hearts II was the first game I ever pre-ordered.
I was outside the little game store the minute it opened that morning to beg for my copy.

Dark Link

Strongly considering picking this up even despite having both 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS3. That 60 FPS and, most likely, reduced load time goodness.

Mailbox

Is it weird that I'm more hyped to see KH1 in 60fps more than KH2?

I hope at least that KHBBS won't have huge frame drops and technical issues like the ps3 version does :/

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nah, 2 first as days would ruin surprises.

It depends on your perspective.

That depends on how much one cares about surprises over chronological order. Ufotable went the FZ ---> FSN UBW route even though it generally destroyed any tension FSN's events should have had. Some would say they made the right choice.

KnK as you know goes in puzzle order but some would find merit in going chronologically as well.

Do we know if this will be available digitally this time? I know there have been issues in the past but a PS4 game not being sold digitally would be so weird

Excellent news. I never actually got the original collections, so having all of these on one disc is perfect for me. Especially with 2.8 coming out soon too.

BONKERS

60FPS?I really hope it doesn't come with baggage from having to make an framerate-engine-speed tied game support 60FPS. (Also: These are PS2 games at heart. No performance issues please)

Hopefully Pro support. These are essentially ported PS3 games. I'm sure you could hit 4k60 native with these with decent image quality.

Also: You seemed to have realized 60FPS is neat. Wish you would patch the PC FFXIII ports so 60FPS is actually attainable without massive stuttering.

Son Of D

Hopefully the load times are better for 2FM via installs. PS3 version had slower load times than the PS2 version because of the extra data on the disc.

This probably won't be the final collection either. Can see a 2.8 addition being made and sold later on in the year. Not committed to buying this but see what games are out around that time. February is already busy and will see if there's any leftover from that as well as whatever games are coming out in March.

Hektor

This probably won't be the final collection either. Can see a 2.8 addition being made and sold later on in the year. Not committed to buying this but see what games are out around that time. February is already busy and will see if there's any leftover from that as well as whatever games are coming out in March.

Don't forget the inevitable Kingdom Hearts perfecti ultimania magnum opus edition after 3's release.

Shevat

Neo Member
Do we know if this will be available digitally this time? I know there have been issues in the past but a PS4 game not being sold digitally would be so weird

As far as I know Sony requires every game on PS4 be available digitally. I don't have a source for that, however.

Edit: Quick google brought up an IGN article from the system reveal. Seems like that's probably where I remembered that from.

Holy shit, ANOTHER hd remaster of their games before releasing a new one? I imagine the fans must be getting *looks at thread* oh... Nevermind then. Carry on.

Zhao_Yun

As far as I know Sony requires every game on PS4 be available digitally. I don't have a source for that, however.

There is already one exception though:

puyo-puyo-tetris-378343.9.jpg

Golnei

Holy shit, ANOTHER hd remaster of their games before releasing a new one? I imagine the fans must be getting *looks at thread* oh... Nevermind then. Carry on.

To be fair, PS4 releases of the remasters were very common requests for a long time, and with the final HD collection only releasing on PS4, they'd have otherwise fallen short of the goal of having the entire series united on one console. Also, as always, it's not like this is being done in place of a new game.

Releasing new content in the form of 2.8's KH3 prologue demo also might play a role in keeping fans from worrying about inordinate amounts of rereleases.

Illucio

Banned
The real order is kh1>2>bbs but not on a psp because of the controls. The other games are just pointless filler.

Playing DDD should only be done if the next > is "give up on the series".

Kh1>kh2>khBBS>DVD is the minimalist/idea way to play.

Chain of memories isn't worth playing IMO. It's better just to watch the cinematic online, and 2 did a very good job explaining everything.

Damn, now i'm really confused about the order :) thanks anyway i'll try to figure it out later in the day :)

Here's the order you play them, I'll number each game in each collection.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)

Kingdom Hearts 2.5
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
6. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (movie)

Kingdom Hearts 2.8
7. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
8. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2
9. Kingdom Hearts x Back Cover (movie)

For the most part you're playing the games in both collections in order but you end up skipping 358 until you've finished playing Kingdom Hearts 2 since 358 assumes you've already played through KH2 and spoils some aspects and gives context to other things.

Aside from watching the 358 movie after KH2 you're basically playing all of the games/movies in Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 in order.

Top Bottom