• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Eblo

A few questions:
1) There's two missing cutscenes in the theater mode. One I think is from Sephiroth, but how do I unlock the last one?
2) What's the best way to progress in the series now? I own the 2 DS games and the 3DS game, while Birth By Sleep and RE:coded's story is the rest of 2.5
Are the DS games worth playing or is the HD collections extended movie versions the better way to take them?

1) If I had to guess, it's the scenes that play before and after the first Lingering Will fight.
2) 358/2 Days is definitely worth playing in my opinion. 1.5 left out quite a bit of the story, including a climactic confrontation with a certain character. I personally didn't find Re:coded all too enjoyable--in fact, I thought of 2.5 as a major improvement to it.

Finalow

I didn't remember the final battle with Xemnas having this much stuff. a lot of it was added in the final mix version or I just have an awful memory? Like Xehanort's armor, I didn't recall that being in the game at all.
anyway, finally finished the game on critical. I can see that on proud it would have probably been a joke.

dem zippers in the ending cg video. not enough belts though, Nomura please.

sn00zer

Finding my love hate relationship with this game again...really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really fucking frustrating that you cant cancel combo animations into a block or dodge even with the reflect. Battles have far too many enemies in close quarters not to allow that.

Considering how hyper offensive of a game KH2 is already, I feel like being able to cancel actions like that would make the game way easier than it already is, even on critical mode.

Reflect spells can be seamlessly comboed into, though.

iosefe

So... Mickey doesn't save you anymore on the battle against Xaldin?

This is going to be tougher than I though

he does, but it's random

i got a lucky mickey and finished off Xaldin with a Beast Limit

unless you mean data battles then i have no idea

Son Of D

Just started playing KH2FM. Am I late to the party in knowing that they seem to have redubbed battle lines? Or is my memory of Roxas' sound clips in KH2 PS2 so bad I forgot what he sounds like?

Zaverious

Just started playing KH2FM. Am I late to the party in knowing that they seem to have redubbed battle lines? Or is my memory of Roxas' sound clips in KH2 PS2 so bad I forgot what he sounds like?

I know for Roxas they gave him some of Ventus's battle lines and battle grunts from 358/2 Days. Everyone else is the same though.

sn00zer

Considering how hyper offensive of a game KH2 is already, I feel like being able to cancel actions like that would make the game way easier than it already is, even on critical mode.

Reflect spells can be seamlessly comboed into, though.

I feel like the combat needs serious tweaking. Like Ive said early they just need to go all in on stylish action combat. They're in a very uncomfortable middle ground of turn based roots and menus holding it back. Sit down, make a real combat engine that requires different inputs in order to use moves, turn all spells, drives, etc. into quick menus ala FF14. Ive had no problems beating DMC 4, and Darksiders 2 on the highest difficulties, but this is just not balanced right.

EDIT: One on one fights are fine actually...its the large crowds that get hectic

Remember its a two part battle and limit form helps take out the first form quickly

Rikus limit helps out when he throws you in the air but its hard to pull off aswell

How good is the spell reflect in KH2.5? I never used it back in the ps2 days but I'm playing on critcal now and just wanted to know if the spell is of any use.

Kinsei

Banned
How good is the spell reflect in KH2.5? I never used it back in the ps2 days but I'm playing on critcal now and just wanted to know if the spell is of any use.

It's amazing. You're invincible while using it, and it's a 360 degree attack so you don't even have to face the enemy to hit them with it

raven777

I never used it in PS2 days as well but recently I have used it against those big fire wizard monsters that create countless fireballs and it was super effective. Also used it in some boss battles.

Remember its a two part battle and limit form helps take out the first form quickly

Rikus limit helps out when he throws you in the air but its hard to pull off aswell

I just won, and yes I spammed Limit to get over the first part really fast, I also did the Limit thing with Riku. It was an easy battle compared to the rest.

Now it's time to do the Mushroom XIII!

Reflect and Limit Form are OP, they are the reason I could defeat every boss in Critical Mode.

Even if I feel like the Data battles made me a better player and now I can go back and destroy everything.

I used reflega to drain several bars of Sephiroth's health when he charges you at the start of the fight. Worked wonders for my speed-run attempt at that fight. This was on PS2, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ven and Terra's story done! I think BbS is my favorite KH game. And there's still one more story to go!

Terra's final boss was a huge shock. Was that Xemnas' voice actor voicing Terranort? It sure sounded like it, and everything clicked all at once for me. The battle itself was intense, too - and much harder than Ven's final battle. I died many times, but enjoyed it thoroughly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ven and Terra's story done! I think BbS is my favorite KH game. And there's still one more story to go!

Terra's final boss was a huge shock. Was that Xemnas' voice actor voicing Terranort? It sure sounded like it, and everything clicked all at once for me. The battle itself was intense, too - and much harder than Ven's final battle. I died many times, but enjoyed it thoroughly.

Actually that was Ansem: SoD. Well, his second voice, Richard Epcar. But yeah, that was an awesome scene. Combined with Terra being that strong superboss from II Final Mix and everything comes together beautifully.

Kinsei

Banned

No, that was Richard Epcar. He plays Xehanort's Heartless/apprentice Xehanort in every game that's not KH1. Did you also notice that his speech after taking over Terra was the same one he gave to Sora just before the final battle in KH1?

Finalow

any faster way to level up than running around the TWTNW castle and kill all the nobodies? With the experience boost keyblade and ability, obviously.

That's probably exactly one of the things everyone's been trying. You got lucky. It's like saying 'guys i got 0.00 on chocobo racing on my 2nd try'

I dare you to do it till you get it again.

:mad:
man fuck that chocobo race.

also reading that I have to beat CoM to unlock the japanese voices in the theater mode.

l m a o.

iosefe

Ragnarok is so damn good.

i accidentally had a deck with warp, Aeroga, Firaga, another command...and 4 cures

not cura or -ga.

i won because of counter hammer to keep me alive, and absurd usage of Ragnarok

Psxphile

also reading that I have to beat CoM to unlock the japanese voices in the theater mode.
Hm, that was true on the original PS2 version, which came bundled with Re:CoM. Has anyone confirmed that you can unlock the Japanese dub normally in KH2FM Remix?

EDIT: by original PS2 version I mean the original Final Mix version of KH2.

any faster way to level up than running around the TWTNW castle and kill all the nobodies? With the experience boost keyblade and ability, obviously.

man fuck that chocobo race.

l m a o.

Run through the mansion in twighlight town from the computer room (i used final form and firaga + fire boost, drive boost etc) or same location with gull wing and experience boost equipped then get to low health and run theough the mansion

I wonder...Combination Boost increases time for Limits, right? So, does that affect Limit Form limits in anyway? I would imagine not, but they are technically limits

Falk

that puzzling face
Aqy5kF7l.jpg

One month late but this just arrived

Yay

LycanXIII

Just ran into Cloud. Caused me to remember that when the game first came out and I was a kid, I had this crazy theory that Cloud was a Nobody, and Sephiroth was his Heartless.

Weiss

Banned
Just ran into Cloud. Caused me to remember that when the game first came out and I was a kid, I had this crazy theory that Cloud was a Nobody, and Sephiroth was his Heartless.

Well it's implied that Sephiroth is Cloud's "darkness", and not the real Sephiroth, so it might be possible.

That's honestly not all that crazy. Then again, Cloud in KH spends too much time brooding and being a dick for me to care about anything related to him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If they didn't put Zack in BbS already, that would have been a perfect nod to FFVII if Cloud and Seph were his nobody/heartless.

SolVanderlyn

He
vanishes, if I recall the ending correctly. A single black feather remains where he last stood.
Oh shit, what I said might actually be possible, then.

Sephiroth a Nobody? And Xemnas never thought to recruit him? I CALL BULLSHIT.

He
vanishes, if I recall the ending correctly. A single black feather remains where he last stood.

Sephiroth is the Heartless, Cloud is the Nobody. I mean...maybe. It could still work. I forget what happens with those two at the end of KH2. Do they merge? Or does Cloud fuck off to go find him again?

Falk

that puzzling face
Why would Cloud and Sephiroth not look like Zack then if they were Heartless and Nobody

don't say Namine jesus christ

Top Bottom