• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III E3 2017 Trailer, new world and trailer coming at D23 July 15th

The July trailer will really be an indicator as to how far this is coming along. If we get both 1.) new cutscenes adding to the story and 2.) a new world that we haven't seen in motion, then we can reasonably assume the game's development is steadily going aiming for a 2019 release with 2018 being the earliest (highly unlikely though).
6 years of development yup I can see 2019
Fits with AAA cycles well some of them horizon for example was 6 years..although that's a bit of a different situation

Q3 includes September which isn't that unthinkable. KH1 was a September release in NA, FFXV was supposed to be. But yeah, November or December are probably most realistic and September would be a nice surprise.

For better or worse, I don't think Disney will not let a rushed/crappy product be released most likely.

They are allowing MVC Infinite to release in September.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So, are you just gonna be annoying to everyone with a not that much different prediction than yours?

Bro. You don't go into a classroom thinking that you're going to do a full frog dissection lab and be done with it in 10 minutes. Say that out loud and see how many weird looks you're going to get. lol.

They are allowing MVC Infinite to release in September.

Marvel might be handled a bit differenty than... say... Disney Vanilla. Idk. I find it unlikely that Disney would handle Marvel in the same vain as Disney proper.

I would say the game is releasing in Q3-Q4 2018, and will be playable at next year's E3. (Maybe playable at this year's Jump Festa).
Holiday release date has been tested with the KH Remakes and they have worked well. Both of them sold to more than 250k during their opening months on PS3.

If KH 3 is coming out, it will be another December release. Q3 doesn't sound likely at all to me.

kayos90

Holiday release date has been tested with the KH Remakes and they have worked well. Both of them sold to more than 250k during their opening months on PS3.

If KH 3 is coming out, it will be another December release. Q3 doesn't sound likely at all to me.

I would also add to this that, KH is one of those games where it really doesn't matter when it releases. It's going to do well regardless when it releases.

Q3 includes September which isn't that unthinkable. KH1 was a September release in NA, FFXV was supposed to be. But yeah, November or December are probably most realistic and September would be a nice surprise.

Let's not compare KH3's release to KH1. That like 10+ years ago lol. That was SquareSoft and things were very different back then.

Malyse

So a few things:
tumblr_nq337nDFiw1sllz88o1_500.jpg

J44yTAL.jpg

Second form clearly gives you the KH2 style outfit and abilities.
The box from Back Cover is key to the plot.
C WUT I DID DERE?

Sora still hasn't dealt with his darkness. Anti Form shows it's a problem. The Ventus nightmare shows it's a problem. And MX directly said that Sora belongs to him and after the end says the pieces will all fall in place. Chess master like him doesn't say things lightly. That plot line wasn't resolved at all.

CALLED IT CALLED IT, I FUCKING CALLED IT. I knew he had on all the black for a reason.

You mean, only tested with KH I remaster, right?

KH II.5 and II.8 released in Q1.

Let's not compare KH3's release to KH1. That like 10+ years ago lol. That was SquareSoft and things were very different back then.

I know, I know. XV was the more pertinent example there before it got bumped. I'm just saying September in particular isn't unthinkable. July/August is more optimistic though, yeah.

kayos90

I know, I know. XV was the more pertinent example there before it got bumped. I'm just saying September in particular isn't unthinkable. July/August is more optimistic though, yeah.

I think it's also unfair to compare BD2 to the Osaka team. After all, FFXV is driving a true revolutionary single player experience!

So he can be cynical for a Q3 date just because isn't a Q4?

WOW, SO FAR.

Q3, and Q4, SO FAR OF EACH OTHER.

A single quarter can mean a world's difference in the development world. A lot of users on this board make the distinction between them because it matters. But what do I know. You're right. They are super close. Might as well just say H2 2018.

kayos90

To bring some more realistic comments in this thread, the gameplay while looking solid has some issues I think. I think what I"m talking about becomes very evidence when comparing KH2's combat to this gameplay clip. One particular thing is affecting the gameplay most immediately. The world's size. Everything about that trailer and the world looks huge. While this is fine it means large sandbox sizes. Because of this there's a humongous gap between all the enemies and the proximity in the engagement. In addition, it seems like the game is focused on taking enemies far away from everyone else. I mean... this is sorta fine but there's something offputting about it and I think it takes a bit of the strategic positioning and combat out of the previous' games strengths. Going back to the openness. I think the world is needlessly big. It's too large. Maybe it's just me.

Ok, I'm sorry if I sounded like a child before, but Q3 is not really an impossible date. It's the original FF XV date actually. They could release the game in November or December (Which is likely), but September is not out of question yet.

kayos90

Ok, I'm sorry if I sounded like a child before, but Q3 is not really an impossible date. It's the original FF XV date actually. They could release the game in November or December (Which is likely), but September is not out of question yet.

What of the game have you seen that development is so far along that makes you believe a Q3 2018 release date is likely? Honest question. Not trying to be snarky.

What of the game have you seen that development is so far along that makes you believe a Q3 2018 release date is likely? Honest question. Not trying to be snarky.

We're still almost 15 months away from September, they began to show for real the FF XV less than a year before it releases

Rpgmonkey

Looks ok. KH combat just has too many flashy and long animations for my taste, but it looks nice.

Not really into the huge environments. I was ok with KH2's size and certainly wasn't expecting or hoping for an increase this large, especially if it means the focus will be on using big wide range attacks that probably have flashy and long animations, lol. :p

Clawww

overall just underwhelming. really doesn't seem like much of a leap from 2, which is mainly disappointing because of how long it's been.

Azuran

Banned
Looks ok. KH combat just has too many flashy and long animations for my taste, but it looks nice.

Not really into the huge environments. I was ok with KH2's size and certainly wasn't expecting or hoping for an increase this large, especially if it means the focus will be on using big wide range attacks that probably have flashy and long animations, lol. :p

Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 had some pretty large environments. It was expecting KH3 to be the same.

I'm fine with the flashy attacks and animations the magic however is now way too much for me. It's ffxv on steroids in terms of flash

CheckMate

I have a feeling they are going to treat it like a one-big Disney CG movie and release in November/December of
. Also, XV started showing us the game in fall of 2014 and kept giving us info every month till release. Don't expect Square will treat this game any different cause they will spoil it before giving it to any of us.

LAA

I miss the hand drawn portraits :(

Yeah definitely.
Hope the main menu changes back to the classic white background with some hand drawn art on too. 0.2/back cover changed that with 3D art...

Love everything I see For the most part, now though I just feel we need info coming out a much more regular pace and release info, we Mus be nearly there now...right... right?!

I have a feeling they are going to treat it like a one-big Disney CG movie and release in November/December of
. Also, XV started showing us the game in fall of 2014 and kept giving us info every month till release. Don't expect Square will treat this game any different cause they will spoil it before giving it to any of us.

Of course they will spoil everything in this game, Nomura is a pro in doing that. But about FF XV you have to remember that we got very little after TGS 2014 which then in Gamescon 2015 there was a huge backslash since they promised new things and gave us nothing.

Top Bottom