• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III E3 2017 Trailer, new world and trailer coming at D23 July 15th

Sora's hair so fucking flat omg. fix it nomurasus

his hair seems pretty nice to me
miOYiQ7.jpg

lazzlyb

Neo Member
Did anyone else notice that the English and Japanese trailers are not identical? Just noticed that the combo leading into magnet burst (after the shotlock) is against different enemies. Haven't checked if there are any other differences.

YouTube links:
Japanese trailer
English trailer

Did anyone else notice that the English and Japanese trailers are not identical? Just noticed that the combo leading into magnet burst (after the shotlock) is against different enemies. Haven't checked if there are any other differences.

YouTube links:
Japanese trailer
English trailer

All of the gameplay is a little different, mainly where the camera is positioned. Probably re-recorded for the english UI, meaning they didn't add the ui in post. Meaning, more progress than we thought!

raven777

YouTube links:
Japanese trailer
English trailer

Yeah they usually do this. They record from both Japanese and English versions of the game, so they use same moves but angles and positions are different. Nomura said that they recorded from playing each versions so he hopes hardcore the fans will see both trailers.

lazzlyb

Neo Member
All of the gameplay is a little different, mainly where the camera is positioned. Probably re-recorded for the english UI, meaning they didn't add the ui in post. Meaning, more progress than we thought!

Haha, didn't even realize that the command menu is in different languages, I was too focused on the gameplay! :D

KHlover

Banned
Those voice actors aren't paid for nothing.
Disney's VA casting is great. There's a video floating around on YT where Disney cut together "Let it go" with every other line being in a different language and it largely sounds like the same person singing in 20 languages or so. Although, I'm sure these days you can digitally alter voices to help with that.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. I should have clarified I was looking for games in this series as I'm very aware of Nier/DmC ;). I'll look into 1.5+2.5. Is 2.8 some kinda gaiden/side story? Is it necessary?

Thanks guys. I should have clarified I was looking for games in this series as I'm very aware of Nier/DmC ;). I'll look into 1.5+2.5. Is 2.8 some kinda gaiden/side story? Is it necessary?

2.8 has the newest game in the series from 3DS remastered and a sort of short 2-3 hour prologue for KH3. It's neccessary if you want to get all of the story leading up to 3 but 1.5+2.5 gives much more bang for your buck.

aravuus

I kind of loved this trailer lol. Despite DDD super souring me on the overarching story of the series, I find myself being more and more excited about KH3 with every trailer I see. At the very least I have no doubt it's going to be a ton of fun to play.

I hope he gets resurrected as a grotesque monstrosity that just screams ''Why did you bring me back? Kill me! PLEASE KILL ME!''

How amazing would it be if KH3 went full-on horror with no indication before release

Disney's VA casting is great. There's a video floating around on YT where Disney cut together "Let it go" with every other line being in a different language and it largely sounds like the same person singing in 20 languages or so. Although, I'm sure these days you can digitally alter voices to help with that.

They have a good record of closely matching to English across the board. Watch Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Aladdin in various languages. It's surprising and awesome how good they all sound. Mufasa is dope in English, sure, but he's even dope in Hindi (and kid Simba is excellent too)! They do a really amazing job with international releases. I think maybe Li Shang in Mulan might be the off one since Jackie Chan did his voice (or was it just the song, I forget). Either way, really amazing work. I'm able to do Mickey's voice (a shit attempt) in a couple languages I know - couple minutes entertainment for parties heh.

Keasar

So I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and a little bit into KH2. I remember being absolutely confused to hell by KH2 as a kid and just stopped after a while.

For the sake of this trailer and that this game is maybe finally coming out after 20 spin-offs or whatever, I decided to try and read up on the game's story on gamesradar.

I feel like I've made a terrible mistake and paid with the sanity of my mind...

Fj0823

So I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and a little bit into KH2. I remember being absolutely confused to hell by KH2 as a kid and just stopped after a while.

For the sake of this trailer and that this game is maybe finally coming out after 20 spin-offs or whatever, I decided to try and read up on the game's story on gamesradar.

Well KH2 starts where Chain of Memories left off, so there was alwaysa going to be some confusion.

Also KH has no spin-offs (but it does have filler lol), think of each game as a MCU movie. They all come together at the end of the phase.

gosoxtim

is it possible that we could radient garden along with other new stuff and the new disney ip world in d23 and maybe that what steven burton was talking in that one tweet o mean radient garden is a disney orgianl world after

Well KH2 starts where Chain of Memories left off, so there was alwaysa going to be some confusion.

Also KH has no spin-offs (but it does have filler lol), think of each game as a MCU movie. They all come together at the end of the phase.

Yeah, it's really just 358/2 Days that is straight-up a side story (though it introduces a character who'll apparently be returning later, it's otherwise not crucial to the canon and is largely a pleasant character-development-heavy piece with crummy gameplay) and Re:Coded that is straight-up inessential (but quite fun to play).

Everything else is pretty crucial.
is it possible that we could radient garden along with other new stuff and the new disney ip world in d23 and maybe that what steven burton was talking in that one tweet o mean radient garden is a disney orgianl world after

Erm, well I think Radiant Garden will almost certainly appear in the sense that it's basically the world where they've chosen to stick all of the FF cameos.

I'd *like* to see Traverse Town appear in addition to the (basically confirmed) Daybreak Town and Twilight Town, but at this point the only KH-original worlds we can really count on are Radiant Garden, Daybreak Town, Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Destiny Islands, Mysterious Tower and Keyblade Graveyard. I suppose all that really excludes is Traverse Town, Mirage Arena, and the certainly-never-to-appear-again End of the World.

I'm assuming that (...again, sigh) we're going to see The World That Never Was again too. Unfortunately. Hopefully just for some throne room scenes and not as an actual final world yet again, because that place is visually/atmospherically boring as hell.

DKHF

Japanese trailer upload has passed 2 million views. At around 3.3 mil views combining top 4 uploads. Saturday night was kind of the perfect time to release this trailer and get max exposure (as I said it would be on here in the lead up lol).

gosoxtim

Japanese trailer upload has passed 2 million views. At around 3.3 mil views combining top 4 uploads. Sunday night was kind of the perfect time to release this trailer and get max exposure (as I said it would be on here in the lead up lol).
yep it was you called it but it almost got show at sony or microsoft confernce but nomura change his mind and chose the concert instead so i wonder if they raident garden in the d23 trailer,since we still don't know what was steven burton was talking about in his tweet, along with new world plus i think bh6 and tangled might been show as well there and

DKHF

yep it was you called it but it almost got show at sony or microsoft confernce but nomura change his mind and chose the concert instead so i wonder if they raident garden in the d23 trailer,since we still don't know what was steven burton was talking about in his tweet, along with new world plus i think bh6 and tangled might been show as well there and
I'm not sure I believe that he changed his mind and showed it at the concert but to each his own. I think it's been planned for a while for the concert.

I think Steve Burton could have been talking about Mobius Final Fantasy since it has another FFVII event coming. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he's talking about KHIII or FFVIIR.

gosoxtim

I think Steve Burton could have been talking about Mobius Final Fantasy since it has another FFVII event coming. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he's talking about KHIII or FFVIIR.
i dont think it mobius this time ,ff7r could also be the case but i don't that either since nomura wont be at e3 i mean he could get away by showing cloud in radient garden

DKHF

i dont think it mobius this time ,ff7r could also be the case but i don't that either since nomura wont be at e3 i mean he could get away by showing cloud in radient garden
I think it could definitely be Mobius. Maybe he/Radiant Garden shows up in the D23 trailer, I dunno.

gosoxtim

I think it could definitely be Mobius. Maybe he/Radiant Garden shows up in the D23 trailer, I dunno.
we will know next month that for sure plus anboy seen dan seen dan seto tweet today we going to like the news at d23 that could mean only one thing

Azuran

Banned

Man, I keep forgetting that Kingdom Hearts story summaries are always fucking trash because you're not supposed to digest all of that information in one go. That summary opens with the Keyblade War which wasn't even a thing in the series until the 5th game. No wonder people get lost when they read these things.

Do that for any long running work of fiction like A Song of Ice and Fire, or Berserk and you'll get the same mess.

StoneFox

Kingdom Hearts summaries always suffer from being terrible because they present the information in chronological order instead of the order in which the information was given to players who kept up with the series. There are certain plot twists that end up becoming a confusing side note when the information is given on a timeline, and the story is easy to understand when taken at the pace of the games rather than a spreadsheet or video of cutscenes.

It's like trying to explain the MGS series by giving someone a wikipedia text dump.

Astral Dog

Yes its 3D (mainline) + a short Aqua story if you can find it cheap better

Top Bottom