• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III E3 2017 Trailer, new world and trailer coming at D23 July 15th

The Disney villains look GREAT.

Sora, and some of the gameplay art style just doesn't look good IMO. Not saying the visuals are bad, just the art/rendering style looks off.

Can't wait til the next trailer.

Lnds500

I kinda expect the Xion monologue to be inserted in the game.

Xion:

On the day you first called my name
It made me feel like I had a heart
If I hadn't met the two of you
I wonder how my "everyday" would've been.

Day by day, repeating the days which were the same as every other,
Even so,
The red, setting sun,
The taste of ice cream.
Those days when nothing happened were the most precious to me

All of it is my treasure.

Thank you for calling out my name.
Thank you for inviting me to the clocktower.
Thank you for picking up shells for me.
Thank you for coming to bring me back.
Thank you for letting me be your friend.

I wish... those same old days could have continued on longer....

We wanted to go to the sea....

*end*

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/exclusive-cano...s-orchestra-world-tour-in-japan#ixzz4jjHLSTIj

Imagine this as the final cutscene. :'(

But 358/2 really would benefit from some extra scenes (Xion fight, Xigbar, Saix).

Totally unexpected additions overall.

nickgia

I made sure to save it on my first playthrough on PS4. Gets me every time.
sHaJ7by.jpg

You're doing God's work. I'm in tears every time I see this.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Thing is, Nomura has always followed through with Kingdom Hearts. Its just his other stuff that hasnt worked out quite so well.

Nomura isn't even largely working on KH3 at this time, Tai yasue and osaka team should be out there presenting this game.

Nomura has had plenty of success in many projects, just Versus had stalled

Galang

Banned
Too late, but wish they did away with reaction commands. The combat just doesn't look satisfying or innovative here.. but hopefully it plays better than it looks. 2 was a massive step down from the first in terms of combat for me

Too late, but wish they did away with reaction commands. The combat just doesn't look satisfying or innovative here.. but hopefully it plays better than it looks. 2 was a massive step down from the first in terms of combat for me

There are no reaction commands in KH3, the triangle stuff is basically just BBS style changes but now manually activated and magic finishers. They already did this in 0.2

Azuran

Banned

WTF lol

KH2 is so much better than the first game when it comes to the combat it's not even close. Play on Critical Mode to really experience KH2 at its best.

botty

Banned
Why is Sora so obsessed with bringing Roxas back to life. Roxas has not even given a shred of care towards being his own person... it kind of ruins the entire story arc and development of Roxas.

Ugh... let King Rest in Peace.

Kevinroc

Why is Sora so obsessed with bringing Roxas back to life. Roxas has not even given a shred of care towards being his own person... it kind of ruins the entire story arc and development of Roxas.

Sora didn't accept that in DDD. He thought Roxas got a raw deal. Roxas even said this is what makes Sora so special. That Sora could care so much for Roxas. That Sora believes in Roxas.

Sora wouldn't be Sora if he didn't care about Roxas. It's who he is. He cares about his friends. And he considers Roxas his friend.

Prompto

Banned

Xion coming back is going to be even worse. She's just the physical embodiment of memories!

And at least Roxas is a decent character.

I hope he gets resurrected as a grotesque monstrosity that just screams ''Why did you bring me back? Kill me! PLEASE KILL ME!''

And Sora be like No you deserve to be your own person!

And then Xehanort teleports in and taunts Roxas that he is a motherless freak of nature.

Ending of KH3 is Sora, Riku and Kairi reuniting with their families on the island. Roxas looks from a distance with a single tear falling down before he commits suicide.

I hope he gets resurrected as a grotesque monstrosity that just screams ''Why did you bring me back? Kill me! PLEASE KILL ME!''

And Sora be like No you deserve to be your own person!

And then Xehanort teleports in and taunts Roxas that he is a motherless freak of nature.

Ending of KH3 is Sora, Riku and Kairi reuniting with their families on the island. Roxas looks from a distance with a single tear falling down before he commits suicide.
The final fight should be in a shopping mall car park. Yeah roxas coming back would ruin the conclusion he had to his story. It is Disney so a cheery ending to the xehanort arc isn't the most shocking thing.

They're different this time around. They're "Situation Commands" are basically finishing moves and Drive Forms you can activate. They give you 30 seconds from the time it appears to use them.

They also appear based on your fighting style. For example, spamming Firaga a lot gives you a Situation Command for Firaja. In 0.2 if you had Aqua mix different magics in her combat you would get the Spellweaver Situation command which functions similar to Drive forms in this trailer.

As for KH2 being worse than KH1 with combat....yikes. It's an improvement in all areas. Getting rid of healspamming with Cure, good magic additions like Magnet and Reflect, melee combat that feels satisfying and not clunky. It's fantastic.

If you're willing to give it another shot I suggest trying the game on Critical Mode. I'm sure it sounds pretentious that getting the "TRUE EXPERIENCE" of KH2 requires you to play on the game's Hard Mode but it's so worth it. It commands you attention and forces you to use all of the games mechanics. It makes it one of the best Action RPGs out there and is a lot for KH3 to live up to.

That said to each their own on that. I like DDD and that's disliked by a lot of people too.

Sora didn't accept that in DDD. He thought Roxas got a raw deal. Roxas even said this is what makes Sora so special. That Sora could care so much for Roxas. That Sora believes in Roxas.

Sora wouldn't be Sora if he didn't care about Roxas. It's who he is. He cares about his friends. And he considers Roxas his friend.
I care about my friends too but I dunno if performing some satanic ritual to bring them back from the dead is such a good idea.

silva1991

Lol no. KH2 is light years better than the first game.

Also there are no reaction commands.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I'm really interested in this, but never played previous installments. Can someone tell me what PS4/Xbox games I should get that play similar to this? (i.e. Heavy action)

Thanks in advance

stryke

Ok I'm really interested in this, but never played previous installments. Can someone tell me what PS4/Xbox games I should get that play similar to this? (i.e. Heavy action)

Thanks in advance

Umm, the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Collection and 2.8...?

Thanks in advance
1.5+2.5 collection for PS4 has a bunch of remastered KH games that prolly goes for pretty cheap nowdays.

If you want something more modern there is DmC definitive edition and Nier Automata I guess.

JayEH

Thanks in advance

If you want to play the older games you can buy the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 collections on PS4.

For other action games:

pure action: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Bayonetta (XB1 BC)
ARPG: Bloodborne, Darksiders 2, Nioh, Nier Automata

I'm gonna assume this is a mistranslation - Nomura to provide "Final" Information on KH3 at D23

I would assume that if this is right "Final Information" would be him going "Hey, we have a new trailer. The game's coming 2018, expect more news more often"

That said I'll take it with a grain of salt since I don't plan on having ultra high expectations. Trailers hype has been great but gotta be realistic.

JayEH

I'm gonna assume this is a mistranslation - Nomura to provide "Final" Information on KH3 at D23

I would assume that if this is right "Final Information" would be him going "Hey, we have a new trailer. The game's coming 2018, expect more news more often"

That said I'll take it with a grain of salt since I don't plan on having ultra high expectations. Trailers hype has been great but gotta be realistic.

the final information we get for years before the game goes in the shadows again.
Kappa.

Top Bottom