• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III E3 2017 Trailer, new world and trailer coming at D23 July 15th

True, but they were having that inside of Sora and Kairi. I don't understand why exactly its necessary to retcon the fact that no matter what, they are literally sora and kairi's other selves. they have no beings outside of that. It makes no sense....but...this is what KH has become, so i must accept its bullshit and just accept it as nonsense
Wait did you change my post?

I am very sure I said Xion.

I don't really care.

I like Axel/Lea but what are they gonna do with Roxas when Ventus will most certainly be around?

It'd be funny if he comes back fused with Xion.

Axel wants his friends back. Ventus is a different guy and
Saix
is too big a douchebag to save (though they probably will), so it'll be Roxas and Xion.

Lnds500

I guess the leak was real and this was supposed to be our "March/Spring" Trailer and the D23 will be the E3 trailer.

Farsi

DCBLGLnVYAAEpDq.jpg:large

DCBLHDmVoAA6NYN.jpg:large

Credits to RedMazukawa

It's amazing how changing the weather can make a boss look way more intimidating and a fight look way more intense and bigger in scale.

DKHF

I'm just happy to finally see it again. I knew it would be at this concert. I had a feeling they would save something substantial for D23 since they've shown it in some form at every US/Japan D23 since late 2013.

Balfour

inb4 they merge Roxas and Ventus so he has both's memories. I mean would make sense. Sora was giving refuge for Ventus' heart unknowingly and why Roxas looks like Ventus. So them merging into one person just to not have two of the same person right next to each other with similarly colored outfits

Hopeford

Roxas coming back doesn't bug me much because...okay, Ven coming back wouldn't bug me because the way they wrote his story he's not exactly dead. Him eventually coming back to life would make sense and I'd be all down for it.

What bugs me is Axel/Lea plus the whole "Actually, if you just kill a Nobody you resurrect their original selves" thing. It retconned KH2 a tad too much for my liking.

Like, I'd actually be super down for Roxas/Ven coming back if he was the only one who turned into a Nobody to do so. Because then he'd live with the knowledge everybody else died and that would give his arc some meaning and stuff.

Buuuut much as I want to fantasy book this like it's Smackdown, end of the day Kingdom Hearts is more lighthearted than that and I'm taking it way too seriously.

I'm just happy to finally see it again. I knew it would be at this concert. I had a feeling they would save something substantial for D23 since they've shown it in some form at every US/Japan D23 since late 2013.
Looks like Napalm lost the bet. He was so sure too!

Turin

Banned
Axel wants his friends back. Ventus is a different guy and
Saix
is too big a douchebag to save (though they probably will), so it'll be Roxas and Xion.

Yeah but I mean...... it'd almost be visually redundant. At least give someone a change of clothes. lol

I'm glad to see the game, and gladder to hear we'll see more soon, but that was a bit underwhelming. Olympus Coloseum again? :/

And only one new world in the next trailer. Square. Come on, guys. Gameplay looks great though.

English subtitle version of the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHSpUZgW24

Man, I am wayyyyyyyy into the Final Fantasy series, really liked Kingdom Hearts 1 but just never got to play more than an hour of 2 (or any of the rest), but this looks like it's going to be so, so much better than FFXV. Like an actual game and stuff, peak Square with that Disney money, not fucking around with it at all, and going all out on modern hardware without any growing pains at all.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm glad to see the game, and gladder to hear we'll see more soon, but that was a bit underwhelming. Olympus Coloseum again? :/

And only one new world in the next trailer. Square. Come on, guys. Gameplay looks great though.

Really the next trailer will show how far they are along, this is estially edited B-Roll of the first world with some end game abilites.

Dark_castle

It seems like the combat is a mainly an evolution of KH2's combat, mixed with elements from BBS and DDD. Looks fun, can't wait!

Mariip

Yeah but I mean...... it'd almost be visually redundant. At least give someone a change of clothes.
A haircut would be easier, but yeah probably one of them is getting a black shirt and the other one a white one and they'll call it a day

Heh wouldn't be surprised if the "new world" was the concept art big hero6 one.. let's hope not.

I'm not expecting the next trailer to include the new world that will be announced but I at least hope the footage in it is for the Big Hero 6 world and not Olympus again.

I wonder how balanced the combat is this time around. It looks freaking amazing in a lot of ways, but if the core isn't quite right a lot of issues become repetitive.

watershed

Banned
The graphics look buttery smooth but I've never been able to get into the KH gameplay. One one hand it looks beautiful, but on the other the gameplay looks the same as ever.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Graphically to me it looks rough... Like way too simple. And the character models in the scene at the end remind me of early PS2 CGI or something. I'm sort of underwhelmed... I'll just need to feel how it plays probably.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Woah! Guest members don't replace one of the main members? :O

Well, I mean, it's plausible they never wanted them to replace your party members, but the most technologically advanced platform a brand new, non-mobile Kingdom Hearts game has been on is either the 3DS or the PS2, depending on what hardware stats you want to use.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
DUDE, I was thinking the same thing. I was like Holy shit, either this is him or they got a Japanese VA that sounds EXACTLY like him

I dont know how much you know about James woods, but he's probably not intending to learn Japanese anytime soon...along with Gilbert Godfery

Wait did you change my post?

I am very sure I said Xion.

You did? I could have sworn you said Namine

DJwest

Never played a Kingdom Hearts game guys. The PS4 collection apparently covers pretty much everything apart from 2.8? How do the games hold up graphically and gameplay wise? Should I buy the collection before KH3 drops?

Was this how Versus XIII development was? People angry and bitter, then a cool trailer, and then everyone was happy?

Honest question, not trying to bring people down
Hahahaha, this brings back so many memories lol.

Top Bottom