• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III E3 2017 Trailer, new world and trailer coming at D23 July 15th

Hopeford

I need to talk about DDD for a second. I was gonna say bitch, but like, I'm not even mad. I still find it hilarious how they had the balls to write that. Like, I don't like the twist. It's silly.

It's like "Everything was planned also time travel already happened and made you destined to come here...because..stuff...and...we planned everything and time travel and stuff!

Even Sora, in-game, calls it ridiculous.

Then Xigbar responds "Yes and that's why you idiots never saw it coming! That's why it's brilliant!" and I just couldn't stop laughing. I can't find a video of the exact exchange, but I found the game script online so this is the next best thing:

Sora: The man in the robe! And so that guy in the black coat, and Xemnas...

Xigbar: Bingo. You were able to go back in time to just before your home
became a Sleeping World, only because a past version of you already existed
there.

(Xigbar walks up close to Sora, who backs away slowly)

Xigbar: And I can see, in the past, you already met Mr. Robe Guy. Yup, he
was there then to make sure you ended up here now.

Sora: That's ridiculous!

Xigbar: It sure is. It's too perfect. Who'd ever believe it? Which is why
you idiots never saw it coming. You thought you were off doing some kind of
test, right? Well, test this--how come you're wearing the same clothes if
you're already back home? You are not gonna wake up, okay? Look--there's no
real versus dreams anymore. There's just you, us, and this.

Sora: I see. Fair enough.

I fucking love this still. It's the dumbest way to handle a dumb twist, but they do it so shamelessly I can't help but enjoy it. I love this dumb series.

RocBase

Bayonetta's wicked weaves in this game?

udZTGCo.gif

Bayonetta%2BWick%2BWeave.gif

lol

lmao

Mariip

Same, it ruins his story arc.

Are they...really? Like, I know that technically storywise they are meant to be different people but they literally act the same, look the same and sound the same.

From my admitted confused understanding of the series, Roxas is basically a new person that's like the secret lovechild of Sora and Ventus's hearts. Which is like...okay. I'm just thinking it would have been a lot easier to explain if they just went "Ventus is Roxas." I don't super get what them being different people adds to the story.

They burned that bridge when kh3D came out.
Roxas in kh2 was at peace with his destiny but then in 3D they just ruined it all with him
guilt tripping sora
i was with the "make ventus roxas team" until he expressed that desire to be his own self and not Ventus(meaning he is not a version of ventus that was brainwashed twice but a real being on his own

He went throught too much suffering, he earned a happier ending :/ that's what my current non-angsty self believes

He won in terms of me not predicting ALL of the specific contents of the trailer but I got some things right and the fact he and most were predicting/saying it wouldn't show up at all and that his bet (no trailer at all pretty much since we got rid of the minimum length) had only one condition to meet vs my 4+ conditions balances out the bet so no one wins IMO lol.

You are being far too gracious a winner against the naysayers.

BlueWord

Trailer is hot, although I'm still not 100 percent sold on the new shader. Really missing something compared to the older games.

I feel bad for Ventus if they're bringing Roxas back. There'll be a guy walking around that looks exactly like him that really shouldn't actually exist in the first place. A clone in appearance alone.

Just guessing, but maybe this is how Ventus is reintroduced to the story? Sora isn't aware of his existence IIRC. Attempting to bring back Roxas leads into resurrecting Ventus or something.

Segnaro

People surprised about Roxas coming back must've been sleep during DDD. Besides...if Xemnas can come back, Roxas can come back...

Isn't that Xemnas from a different timeline?

Oh why did Nomura have to add time travel into an already confusing storyline?

_Nemo

Holy fucking shit!! Just one world and it looks massive...if every world is this big this is going to be amazing.

Balfour

He's not from a different timeline, he's from the same timeline, just pulled from a moment before he died. After a certain point, they return to their time with their memories of the time travel gone

Ray Down

Banned

For shits and giggles.

Seriously answer: To get old characters back to do stuff with...that and maybe he doesn't want design new characters. He's not Kubo where he design 13 characters just for shits in a single night.

Trying to add some sort of narrative purpose to bring them back but time travel is a very lazy way and opens can of worms.

Farsi

At this point I'm just hoping KH3 has every single bit of fan service Nomura could give us when it comes to the story. Fuck it bring everyone back, everyone gets a happy ending.

Hopeford

They burned that bridge when kh3D came out.
Roxas in kh2 was at peace with his destiny but then in 3D they just ruined it all with him
guilt tripping sora
i was with the "make ventus roxas team" until he expressed that desire to be his own self and not Ventus(meaning he is not a version of ventus that was brainwashed twice but a real being on his own

He went throught too much suffering, he earned a happier ending :/ that's what my current non-angsty self believes

Does he ever refer to not wanting to be Ventus? I remember Sora being like "Your'e your own person dude" but did they make a distinction between him and Ventus?

Man those games are a blur to me.

RedSwirl

I didn't even realize this is the first console KH since II. Series basically skipped a console generation (like most of Japan really).

JayEH

Unreal Xemnas looks hella weird but besides from that wow the game looks amazing. It definitely got an upgrade from e3 2015 and that gameplay looking lit.

Aters

Can we get a recap as to whether or not this having a chance to be released on PC so far?

Since this franchise has more license issues (Disney, the singer) than most of SE's works, I'd say don't get your hopes up because it really isn't just up to the devs themselves.

sappyday

I think the only person who is totally, absolutely, 100% dead is
Master Eraqus.

Now watch KH3 bring him back somehow.
Nah it's Clayton

If they were able to use the Tarzan world again I could see nomura reviving him but since they can't he's the only one I can think that is forever dead in kh

Ray Down

Banned
Unreal Xemnas looks hella weird but besides from that wow the game looks amazing. It definitely got an upgrade from e3 2015 and that gameplay looking lit.
First Disney characters looked like shit, now Org 13 characters do, make your damn mind up engine!

//DEVIL//

Sorry for the silly question but was this game announced for Xbox before ? I do not remember kingdom hearts on an Xbox before. This is the first time I see the Xbox logo. Always assumed it's a Sony exclusive

Uhhhh yes we do. Roxas is also Ventus's nobody. Roxas is needed to fully recover ventus's fractured heart.

I'll be honest, haven't played BBS because I got rid of my PSP and never went back to it, so I had no idea of this. But from looking at Ventus and the little I do know of him that makes sense.

xfactor99

At least the setting is unlike anything we've seen before. Plus, it also completes a nice dynamic in conjunction with the other games.

KH1 was the Olympus Coliseum, in the normal world.
KH2 was the Underworld.
Now KH3 will be in Mt. Olympia, the world above the clouds.

I just hope we never go back to Agrabah, really.

Id be fine with Agrabah if it was based off of Aladdin and the King of Thieves, that I think would be good in a KH setting. Lot of cool new locations too

Balfour

Sorry for the silly question but was this game announced for Xbox before ? I do not remember kingdom hearts on an Xbox before. This is the first time I see the Xbox logo. Always assumed it's a Sony exclusive

Its always been announced for Xbox. They really need to release their 1.5-2.5 game thought on Xbox as well tho

Top Bottom