• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts series finally coming to Steam on June 13th

graywolf323

edit 2: Steam pages are live!

edit: adding the trailer from this morning

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have the 1.5 and 2.5 set on Epic, but will double dip and buy them all on Steam

MayauMiao

Can't wait for this legendary post:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII Kingdom Hearts for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII Kingdom Hearts for 360 PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

proandrad

Good buying 3rd party exclusives is crony capitalism and needs to stop. Make a better product than steam if you want people to switch.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
ngl i was going to buy this on PS5 later this year, but now that it is coming to steam i can change my plan now

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh, finally coming to PC, this is a good chance to try this franchise... Well, almost, it's uncomfortable valley of anime characters speaking English or Disney characters speaking Japanese (pick your poison)

Fahdis

Lmao, I remember playing KH for the first time with my wife because she's a huge Disney fan. She always wanted to play it her whole life and was determined to finish it.

By the end of the first game, she was so demotivated and was like, why did I waste my time obsessing over this convoluted piece of shit for years. Worst. Game. Ever.

She never touched the rest 😂 In the spirit of this, I'm gonna do what any Steam person does. Buy it at a cheap price digitally and never touch it again.

Hudo

Weird. I wonder if the contracts Square had with Epic were just timed or if Square bought themselves free, so to speak.

Holammer

I'm not going to reward SE for keeping it EGS exclusive for three years (especially if they release it full price), but I'm going to laugh my ass off if it comes a big seller.

CherryFalls

This... doesn't work at all. Steam and epic aren't hardware platforms, both are available on PC. Avoiding epic is a personal choice, not a restriction.(Playstation and Xbox software is also available on PC, so)

Nice try though.
It actually wasn't a nice try.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've never played the series, but I've heard it has the deepest and most complex story in gaming and possibly all of fiction.

A friend compared it to Dostoevsky. If it really is that deep then I really should look into giving this series a go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom