• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Ventus-The one that holds his keyblade backwards (Spoilers)

If you missed the thread I made about Roxas here it is-http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327868

Backstory

Ven served as a pupil for Xehanort. Xehanort had plans to form the χ-blade by using Ven. The reason the χ-blade is so important is because it can summon Kingdom Hearts. This χ-blade can only be formed when equal forces of light and darkness battle. Xehanort extracted the evil within Ven’s heart and Vanitas was born.

KIngdom-Hearts-BBS-Villains.jpg

Ven’s heart is left broken and connects with Sora’s for the FIRST TIME, yes it happens more than once. Now as I said the χ-blade can only be formed when equal forces of light and darkness clash and Ven was way weaker than Vanitas after what he just went through so Xehanort took Ven to Master Eraqus to train. This is where Ven met Aqua and Terra.

Kingdom Hearts BBS

kingdom_hearts_ventus_aqua_terra_by_brian61-d4puoa5.jpg

Ven loses his memories of everything I mentioned in his backstory. Ven trains at the Land of Departure under Master Eraqus for years and grows very close with Terra and Aqua. All their training was so they could become keyblade masters. One day Terra and Aqua have their Mark of Mastery exam in which they have to fight each other.

oTXWOv.gif

Terra fails his test because he is touched by darkness, but Aqua passes and becomes a keyblade master. Xehanort is at the test to determine how far Ven has come in his training and if he is ready to face Vanitas. After the test Vanitas appears in Ven’s room and tells him he will lose Terra. Ven rushes to find Terra but he is too late and he arrives just in time to see Terra leaving. Ven chases after Terra. Now the reason Vanitas did this was because Ven was still too weak and getting Ven to travel to all the other worlds was going to make him stronger.

I’m not too go into too much detail here, basically Ven chases and travels from world to world. Eventually Ven runs into Vanitas again and the two fight at the Keyblade Graveyard. Vanitas easily beats Ven, but King Mickey shows up and saves Ven.

Ven later learns that Micky is in danger and rushes to the Keyblade Graveyard to help, but there he meets Xehanort where he tells Ven all about the χ-blade. Upon learning this Ven returns to Master Eraqus who he’s trained under for years. Master Eraqus tries to kill Ven to prevent the χ-blade from being formed. Just before Eraqus can kill Ven Terra appears to save him and throws him through a portal, before Ven leaves he can see his Master and Terra fighting. In this fight Master Eraqus does lose his life, but Ven does not witness it. Ven runs into Vanitas who explains how Xehanort broke his heart in the past and tells Ven if he doesn’t go to the Keyblade Graveyard for the final battle then he will kill Terra and Aqua.

I recommend watching the CG for that fight because it’s so dam epic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5KjFPWAij8

Terra is busy with Xehanort and Vanitas takes Aqua out of the equation so him and Ven can finally fight.

I-KxrQ.gif

Ven and Vanitas do fight and the χ-blade is formed when the two fuse.

tumblr_m7fl05Bo8g1r5uy2jo1_500.gif

Mickey arrives and helps Aqua get back up, the two of them defeat the fused Ven-Vanitas. While this fight is happening on the outside Ven and Vanitas are fighting on the inside to control the body. Ven defeats Vantitas and destroys the χ-blade along with Vanitas, but the price was severe. Ven’s heart is once again broken and has left his body. It once again connects with Sora’s heart and stays there while it repairs. As for his body Aqua places it within Castle Oblivion. So going into KH3 Ven’s heart is still recovering inside Sora and his body is still in Castle Oblivion.

Also if your wondering why Vanitas looks like Sora its because of the first time Ven’s heart came into contact with Sora.

Whew that was a lot longer than I thought it would be. Anyway share your thoughts on Ven.

I like how his keyblade looks like half the kingdom key.
Remember thinking he was the most fun to play with Terra being too slow. Haven't played the game in a long time so I'd like to retry it on the collection

I like how much he contrasts with Roxas. He's much more enthusiastic and upbeat than Roxas is which makes him more prone to get caught up in childish stuff like Sora.

Azuran

Banned
Ventus is my fourth favorite character in the series after Roxas, Riku, and Aqua. He had so much heart and his sacrifice for his friends was both pretty awesome and heartbreaking. His battle style was also the best in BBS.

Jesse McCartney is the best voice actor in the series. He always brings in no matter what. People love Leonard Nimoy, but I thought he had the best performance in Birth by Sleep. His dialogue with Vanitas before the final battle was inspiring and full of emotion.

Also, I hope the Ephemer/Skuld/Ventus theory people are speculating turns out to be truth. It would be pretty hype:

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/98780-ephemera-skuld-and-ventus-are-the-x-trio/

Didn't like ventus at all. His fighting style was a nice alternative but he's a poor character compared to roxas and wouod have preferred him not existing.

The way you explain it makes the story pretty reasonable, but also very interesting. Maybe its not such a mess & horrible story when you actually get it.
Man how cool would it be if there was a mega thread that explains the whole scenario and story ! Anyway good Job Op and thank you

Can't wait to refresh my memories in March with the collection + 2.8

The way you explain it makes the story pretty reasonable, but also very interesting. Maybe its not such a mess & horrible stry when you actually get it.
Man how cool would it be if there was a mega thread that explaints the whole scenario and story ! Anyway good Job Op and thank you

I was thinking about doing that but I think it would be way too long and no one would bother reading it all so I just decided on these smaller threads.

Azuran

Banned
The way you explain it makes the story pretty reasonable, but also very interesting. Maybe its not such a mess & horrible stry when you actually get it.
Man how cool would it be if there was a mega thread that explaints the whole scenario and story ! Anyway good Job Op and thank you

It's not bad as people say if you take it one game at a time. Ventus' entire story is self contained within one game so it's easy to follow along.

The story only becomes confusing when people, especially those who haven't played all the games, try to analyze the earlier games using information from future games even when that's not needed. For example, people don't need knowledge about the Keyblade War, x-blade, and Master Xehanort when trying to figure out what's going on in the original game.

Of course, you're going to need all of that information if you want to know what's going on in KH3 but that's why you play all the games in order of release like everyone recommends. That allows people to digest information slowly over time instead of trying to watch a Youtube or read a summary that summarizes everything in one go without properly introducing important terms and characters.

LordKasual

Banned
wow, yeah, i gave up trying to understand what was happening when you mentioned Sora. All this time i thought BBS happened before Sora was even born....

Anyway, Ventus was my favorite character to use in BBS. He had a speedster style but his animations made it look like he swung hard, something I appreciate when action games do.

Azuran

Banned
Maybe I shoulda done Ventus-The only one that wields a keyblade properly

Reading Xigbar's report in 358/2 is pretty funny now:

Day 117: Him and Roxas

Roxas is maturing at an impressive rate. His face, the way he handles the Keyblade, it's all exactly the same. The worlds seem so divided and alone, but there's always that steady thread there to connect them. And we Nobodies can never escape the things we did as humans. So it goes.

All exactly the same he says lol

wow, yeah, i gave up trying to understand what was happening when you mentioned Sora. All this time i thought BBS happened before Sora was even born....

Anyway, Ventus was my favorite character to use in BBS. He had a speedster style but his animations made it look like he swung hard, something I appreciate when action games do.

BBS takes place when Sora is 4 years old. Aqua and Terra meet the kid in person so I don't know how you could've missed that.

Additionally, Ventus merges his heart with a newborn Sora at the beginning of the game.

Sora Riku and Kairi all appear in BBS. Terra gives Riku the ability to wield keyblades, Aqua does the same to Kairi and I explained the Sora/Ventus interaction.

Gulz1992

Ventus's campaign was the highlight of Birth by Sleep. It was the most well written of the 3 campaigns, came the closest to capturing the feeling of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and the gameplay was fun as hell.

Of the three main characters, I would say that Ventus had the best story and gameplay and also had the best English dub. Terra was worst in all those categories. Aqua starts off bland, but does get better later on.

Reading Xigbar's report in 358/2 is pretty funny now:

Day 117: Him and Roxas

Roxas is maturing at an impressive rate. His face, the way he handles the Keyblade, it's all exactly the same. The worlds seem so divided and alone, but there's always that steady thread there to connect them. And we Nobodies can never escape the things we did as humans. So it goes.

All exactly the same he says lol.

That is pretty funny.

yunbuns

I'm going to ask this here since I don't where the proper place would be. So I'm playing KH1 and when Sora stabs himself with Ansem's keyblade (I don't know what it's officially called) to free Kairi's heart, Ven's heart should've been freed too right since it's in Sora's heart? That seems like a pretty big plot hole unless I'm missing something?

I'm going to ask this here since I don't where the proper place would be. So I'm playing KH1 and when Sora stabs himself with Ansem's keyblade (I don't know what it's officially called) to free Kairi's heart, Ven's heart should've been freed too right since it's in Sora's heart? That seems like a pretty big plot hole unless I'm missing something?

I don't think Ven's heart can return to his body until it is done healing.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
If Roxas becomes his own person what happens to Ventus? Or are they gonna have two identical dudes walking around?

Azuran

Banned

It's called the Keyblade of heart

Ventus' heart went to Roxas. I think the difference is that Ventus' heart is broken so it's unable to go back to its original body until it heals back to normal. It needs a vessel in order to continue "living".

If Roxas becomes his own person what happens to Ventus? Or are they gonna have two identical dudes walking around?

Nothing is going to happen to either of them and they'll be able to coexist because they're two different people. Blank Points and the DDD opening made that clear.

It was freed but it presumably wound up inside of Roxas for that period of time since it wasn't done recovering, which is also why he (Roxas) resembles Ven more than he does Sora (unlike most other Nobodies like say Axel, who looks virtually identical to Lea).

yunbuns

I don't think Ven's heart can return to his body until it is done healing.
It's called the Keyblade of heart

Ventus' heart went to Roxas. I think the difference is that Ventus' heart is broken so it's unable to go back to its original body until it heals back to normal. It needs a vessel in order to continue "living".

It was freed but it presumably wound up inside of Roxas for that period of time since it wasn't done recovering, which is also why he (Roxas) resembles Ven more than he does Sora (unlike most other Nobodies like say Axel, who looks virtually identical to Lea).

Thanks guys!

Well when you think about it the keyblade Sora used was the keyblade of heart it was supposed to just release hearts but not only is ventus heart broken but he's also in a special place that's hard to reach. Than take into account the small lil Plot details we have for 3 Sora is looking for the keyblade to return hearts which should obviously be to restore ventus. Two different Keyblades.

I pretty much despise every original human character in Kingdom Hearts besides Sora.

The fact that Ventus is like the fifth or sixth "version" of Sora really just exasperates how bad the story in these games became.

......and don't get me started on Dream Drop Distance. Ragh.

peronmls

I pretty much despise every original human character in Kingdom Hearts besides Sora.

The fact that Ventus is like the fifth or sixth "version" of Sora really just exasperates how bad the story in these games became.

they are not "versions" of one person. They are there own people who came to be from sora.

Azuran

Banned

>Hating Riku but not Sora

Disgusting

Top Bottom