• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 revealed at PSX 2016

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
because the first Game was pretty sucessfull for a new Ip & platformer - if they manage to improve the quality this time, it could be the next established franchises for families & kids alongside Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot etc.

It performed well, because it was a launch title when there wasn't much out there, not to mention it was bundled in a lot of places. It got panned hard by critics. It also has a crap story so unless they reboot it I don't see this catching on.

I said a few posts above I honestly didn't HATE knack like a lot of people did, but it's easy to see why, it's just a mess of a game. I'll probably end up getting this, but I feel like this is DOA.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Trailer looks cool but not looking forward to all the insufferable ironic shitposts. Most annoying gaming meme in a while.

dottme

People can't be happy for the old IP being resurrected, for more prominence for Japanese games, for their particular favourite being shown. No, they have to spend time in a thread about a game they don't care about, being pointlessly and unconstructively negative about it.
Yes. This thread is impressive. But, as a person who did like the original Knack, I'm waiting to see more about Knack 2.
From the trailer, it looks like they have added a lot of move and possibilities.

prwxv3

It performed well, because it was a launch title when there wasn't much out there, not to mention it was bundled in a lot of places. It got panned hard by critics. It also has a crap story so unless they reboot it I don't see this catching on.

I said a few posts above I honestly didn't HATE knack like a lot of people did, but it's easy to see why, it's just a mess of a game. I'll probably end up getting this, but I feel like this is DOA.

The budget for this game is not going too be not even close to the originals already modest budget. That is why its getting made. And who cares there are so many other games if you don't like knack.

Skux

This looks fun. After all these realistic shooters and cinematic RPGs it's always nice to enjoy some classic platforming.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The budget for this game is not going too be not even close to the originals already modest budget. That is why its getting made. And who cares there are so many other games if you don't like knack.

I'm saying it's bizarre that this universally panned game is getting a sequel. It's a waste of resources, I'm allowed to say this on a forum discussing video games. Sorry if that pisses you off. I'm also excited for plenty of other games, but I still think this is a pointless sequel that pretty much nobody (in all seriousness) wanted outside of some random meme.

I'm saying it's bizarre that this universally panned game is getting a sequel. It's a waste of resources, I'm allowed to say this on a forum discussing video games. Sorry if that pisses you off. I'm also excited for plenty of other games, but I still think this is a pointless sequel that pretty much nobody (in all seriousness) wanted outside of some random meme.
O get over yourself. Alot of u have a i dont like thing,nobody should mentality

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I've always said it - its the Dark Souls of Lego combat.

This comparison is weak since souls games have a fully fleshed out combat and weapon system, where knack had a handful of moves. I always thought the knack difficulty was overrated.

Kikorin

UY5Jn3xl.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
O get over yourself. Alot of u have a i dont like thing,nobody should mentality

LOL and you clearly have a "I love thing and if you don't shut up!" mentality. I don't care if people are excited for it, but read through the thread and the majority of people are just chuckling that this even happened. It's a misread big time of the reception of the original game.

LOL and you clearly have a "I love thing and if you don't shut up!" mentality. I don't care if people are excited for it, but read through the thread and the majority of people are just chuckling that this even happened. It's a misread big time of the reception of the original game.
Or its something they wanted to give another try. Companies dont live in an Internet bubble

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Or its something they wanted to give another try. Companies dont live in an Internet bubble

No they live in a financial sense bubble, and this makes none. As stated above the "good" sales were a result of bundles and being a launch title. There is little to no actual traction for this game.

Day. Fucking. One.

No they live in a financial sense bubble, and this makes none. As stated above the "good" sales were a result of bundles and being a launch title. There is little to no actual traction for this game.

"Stating" something repeatedly doesn't make it more true.

NewDust

This comparison is weak since souls games have a fully fleshed out combat and weapon system, where knack had a handful of moves. I always thought the knack difficulty was overrated.

It is. People sometimes say it's a 3d beat 'em up, but I think a dodge 'em up would better describe it. If you go in to Knack button mashing your way through it, you are goung to have a bad time, if you are even somewhat more methodical it can be quite fun.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm not mad that this exists, but I wonder if Knack's memefied status may have falsely given an impression of demand, and somehow contributed to this game being green-lighted.

Then again, based on pure numbers, the first game did well.

Top Bottom